Old West Ghost Rider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another beautiful sculpt Ray!! I hope they show some pics in the production blog of the unpainted sculpt like they did for the modern GR. :chew

tomandshell said:
I am not a Ghost Rider fan, but this piece is really tempting. It just looks great and I agree that quality-wise, it is at the top of the SS heap. To paraphrase Homer Simpson, "I like my cowboys FLAMING!!!"

Ray, I look forward to seeing your final Sideshow piece! You'll have a hard time topping this one!

I have to agree...I just spent a couple minutes really looking at this piece and I think it may be on of SS greatest pieces....this really raises the bar for all Marvel and none Marvel pieces to come...

I have absolutely no idea why and where this Ghostrider is from, but that looks amazing! Be gentle, I never read the comic ... :eek:

I have to stop looking at the pictures and imagining how great those translucent flames would look in my new display cabinet under the halogen lights...

I had no interest in the Ghost Rider figure until I saw the Wild West one, I think I have to order this.

Ray Villafane said:
Thank you guys.

On the bright side Bullseye...while the sculpt I did after this one was unfortunately my last piece for Sideshow, it is however my single most favorite piece to date. Sorry guys, not a Marvel piece though.

this man is pure marketing GENIUS!!

j/k Ray. :D
SS sure gives its sculptors a lot of range.
this piece is truely amazing. Hope to see that last piece as soon as SDCC.

I am really tempted to order this piece. At first I didn't think I'd buy it without the horse, but the more I look at it the more I like it.

tomandshell said:
I have to stop looking at the pictures and imagining how great those translucent flames would look in my new display cabinet under the halogen lights...
I just bought a billy bookcase from Ikea with glass doors and halogen lights. This piece would look beautiful under the light.

I'm a bigtime comic book collector but alas not big on Ghost Rider. I didn't order the modern GR but this Old West GR looks too good to pass up. Atleast he's not the all-white outfit with cape western GR.:duh :horse

wookilar8 said:
I'm a bigtime comic book collector but alas not big on Ghost Rider.

Ditto, I have over 7000 comics and I only read a few times so far. Regardless of this, I love the new statue and I cancelled the modern version. This one rules. Great details and so cool, charismatic pose.
Order in :chew

carbo-fation said:
I am really tempted to order this piece. At first I didn't think I'd buy it without the horse, but the more I look at it the more I like it.

ive got to agree,i was disappointed with the news of no horse but this dead cowboy is outstanding.im getting it.
the bones can be seen through the holes in the clothes.
amazing:monkey5

We need a new Vs. diorama to be announced soon...

it's funny that sometimes some of us order stuff just because it's been a while...I think this will be the case for this piece and Luke/Yoda PF

Not taking anything away from this piece as it is amazing. Just an observation. :monkey1

SolidLiquidFox said:
We need a new Vs. diorama to be announced soon...

it's funny that sometimes some of us order stuff just because it's been a while...I think this will be the case for this piece and Luke/Yoda PF

Not taking anything away from this piece as it is amazing. Just an observation. :monkey1

I have to really disagree with you this statue is pretty amazing even if there would of been a vs statue for order at the same time this would still be a must have for me. This like Doom is for the PF line is going to set the standard for SS's Marvel maquette line or even for Marvel statues in general. Just insane how much detail this one is going to have and how wicked he looks.

As for Luke/Yoda we'll we've known that this PF was coming for awhile just not when. And I like it, the exclusive Im so so on but I like this version of Luke more than the farmboy.

So to Ray its been said but damn Old West GR is so cool looking!!! I like the other GR but Old West really sets the bar high!

i agree viking,i love the vs series.got all of them.when it come to statues,pf or maquette then this isnt a fill in gap.luke and yoda might be.
i have neve seen a character done in such detail.
simply awesome
ray we are not worthy!!!!!!

Again, I am not saying this isn't an awesome sculpt...really, scroll up on both posts I made on this thread. Old West GR is an amazing piece. You can't take anything away from it as the detail is amazing for the money they are asking for it. I for one will not be ordering it because:

1. It doesn't fit in the scheme of my collection.
2. I like the classic Ghost Rider look with his bike...he has to be "riding" something for it to feel complete.
3. Too many things on order and I just don't like GR that much to allocate funds for it.

That said, I feel that a lot of people have certain expectations on what the next hot pieces are going to be for the Marvel line. I don't recall anyone mentioning Ghost Rider on any polls or survey threads. That's why I say some may feel compelled to jump on either (or both?) of these GR maquettes to fill a void. A collector's void so to speak. Luke/Yoda PF may be the same case. Lord knows most of us were expecting Boba Fett. :rolleyes:

I don't see the GR statue as a filler at all, I mean Doom came out of nowere and he is concidered to be one of SS's best PFs yet. That was a huge surprise when we found out about him and nobody was saying we need a Doom PF that I remeber.

But now why was everybody expecting Fett to be next? Were there glues given somewere that he would be next? I was thinking Maul was actually going to be next:lol but atleast Yoda will have the PF treatment.

Anyone know if I order the regular Exlusive Old West Ghost Rider if I can change it to a flex pay order later. I really think I want this piece, but I'm sure I'd have to felx pay it. The thing is I'm not entirely sure I want it 100% to use the flex pay option (I'll definately know after I see it at SDCC though). I don't want to have to pay any fees if I order the flex pay version and cancel it.

Any advice?

PS I've never read a ghost rider comic in my life, but I've always like how he looked, especially this version. Who doesn't love flaming, skeleton cowboys?

Back