Old Grandpa (Richard Endicott) Has Passed Away

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this since he was all over these boards... but I do believe my father found a special home here talking about his custom work....

My father and fellow Freak member passed away on Tuesday, January 17th. He died from a rather aggressive form of leukemia. Ultimately, this was fortunate since he really didn't suffer much in the end.

My father loved being apart of this Freak forum. We are a family of Freaks. Both of his sons (Puppetpusher, and myself) and his only grandson (Parkhopper) are members. He forged several friendships that he truly cherished here. I have inherited an INSANE amount of his beautiful custom work... something that he enjoyed until the very end. In fact, he had a Year Zero Batman figure on his work bench when he left his house for what was to be his last time. He also had a half dozen other projects in various stages of progress on that desk. There was so much he wanted to express in his figures.

My family is still very much shaken by the loss of him. He had boundless creativity and a generous spirit that is as rare as it was endearing. He will be sorely missed... forever.

Last edited:
All I can offer are just words, and I know at the end of the day they aren't worth much, but I am truly and genuinely sorry for you and your family's loss, and for the loss of a member of the Sideshow Freaks family here as well. I know such grief only too well from personal experience, as I'm sure do a great many others here as well, and so while I know nothing I say or do can ease the pain of what you are going through, please know that my sympathies and support is there if you need it, and if by chance there actually is anything I can do, just say the word.

Again, my deepest condolences. He will be missed.

Hey, Proto...

I am sad to hear about the loss of your Dad, but I am glad this hobby gave him so much joy. You and your family's involvement with this hobby must have made him very happy as you were all able to share your interests. Three generations... That's just great!

Wish my kids were interested in collecting this stuff.

My condolences.

Sorry for the families lose. Only spoke with him through the Firefly customs but seemed a very nice fellow.

While I didn't know him well, he was always very pleasant in the Firefly threads. I could tell he was passionate about his customs and always enthusiastic about what he loved. I'm really sorry to hear about you and your family's loss. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. 'Old Grandpa' will be missed by many.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I loved reading his posts and seeing his custom work. His passion for this hobby was inspiring and he will be missed by so many here who knew him through that shared passion. Old Grandpa forever. :duff

Your dad was one of the very first members here that I can remember seeing post when I joined almost ten years ago. I never forgot his user name, always got a kick out of seeing an "Old Grandpa" post pop up from time to time. :D

I'm sorry to hear he's passed and very sorry that you've lost your father. I'll miss having him as part of the forum.

I never knew him, but I did come across him name several times on here. My condolences to you and your family.

My condolences to you and your family.
He was a cool guy who was proud of his collection, and down to earth.
He will be missed.

That is such sad news. My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I really liked your father and enjoyed our interactions over the years. I loved his youthful passion for this hobby. May he rest in peace.

Oh man, so sorry for your loss. I actually painted some heads for him once. I always enjoyed reading his posts in the Firefly thread. I think many of us followed his recipes to put our figures together. He always seemed like a nice person and very passionate about the hobby.

We shared quite many interests over the last years and therefore had quite alot of chatting on the board. I was wondering about his condition lately, as I havent seen him here. Really sad about this news. He will be missed. Definitely. He was and still is an inspiration.

My condolences to you and your family.

Back