Old Grandpa (Richard Endicott) Has Passed Away

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this since he was all over these boards... but I do believe my father found a special home here talking about his custom work....

My father and fellow Freak member passed away on Tuesday, January 17th. He died from a rather aggressive form of leukemia. Ultimately, this was fortunate since he really didn't suffer much in the end.

My father loved being a part of this Freak forum. We are a family of Freaks. Both of his sons (Puppetpusher, and myself) and his only grandson (Parkhopper) are members. He forged several friendships that he truly cherished here. I have inherited an INSANE amount of his beautiful custom work... something that he enjoyed until the very end. In fact, he had a Year Zero Batman figure on his work bench when he left his house for what was to be his last time. He also had a half dozen other projects in various stages of progress on that desk. There was so much he wanted to express in his figures.

My family is still very much shaken by the loss of him. He had boundless creativity and a generous spirit that is as rare as it was endearing. He will be solely missed... forever.

Last edited:
Im so sorry to hear about your loss. Got to know your Dad a bit when he bought a custom '66 Bat Shield my brother and I built. He was like first on the list. Such an enthusiastic collector...real class act too.

My prayers go out to you and the family.

Such terrible, news. I really loved Richard. He was a class act and a gentleman and he had great taste and eye for detail. I will miss him around here.

Thank you for letting us know,my deepest condolences to your family.

Ray

My condolences for your loss. Interesting that you have a family full of people in the hobby. It's a solo hobby for me (and most I suspect).

Back