Oklahoma Collectors Group aka Kansexoma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im safe in the panhandle but man what is up with the weather up here lately? Its rained pretty much every single day for the last month or more. Just mowed 5 acres last week when the sun fought back a little and already its knee high again. My eyes cant take all this green. :google

Sounds pretty rough down there. Have a friend near it whos collection may be at risk. Rain is so bad it could very well flood the floors if it lasts much longer. Hope everyones safe thats in the middle of it.

I have a few friends down there that are safe so far, but it looks like that could change at any time. Hopefully everyone makes it through ok and with as little damage as possible.

My dad and brother live in SW Houston. My dad had water get within 2 inches of his front porch yesterday morning, but luckily they had almost no rain yesterday and his street was completely drained by this morning.

This is why I fear hurricanes more than tornadoes. Yes, tornadoes spawn at any given moment during a storm. But the damage they inflict is much less widespread. I still would most likely not lose everything from most tornadoes. the flooding with hurricanes would ruin all of my comics, furniture, etc.

Feel bad for all the collectors in TX/LA and for their families.

This is why I fear hurricanes more than tornadoes. Yes, tornadoes spawn at any given moment during a storm. But the damage they inflict is much less widespread. I still would most likely not lose everything from most tornadoes. the flooding with hurricanes would ruin all of my comics, furniture, etc.

Feel bad for all the collectors in TX/LA and for their families.

Agreed.

Well, it sort of became a tri-state thread with Texas and Kansas added in as well.

Just a heads up. It's the last day but Ikea has free shipping on any orders over 250 bucks. I'm suuuuper happy to have picked up my first detolfs thanks to that. I bought four detolf, a rug, and three lamps. Cost nothing to ship. Amazing deal. Now it's time to totally revamp my home office . . .

dang, gotta start looking for those shipping specials. Usually it costs as much as the units and I have to wait a year till I travel near to one. How often do they do the free shipping thing?

I've been visiting the site for about a year and this is the first I've seen it. Might only happen around thanksgiving and chritsmas.

How long does a typical ikea shipment take to arrive? I'm nearing the twenty day mark and its driving me nuts. called them once already.

I've only ever ordered IKEA products off of amazon and it took 1 week. Not sure when directly ordering from them. 20 days is a long time. But the holiday shipping schedule is bad right now. All packages taking extra time.

Back