OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2009 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do know that this is simply tiny-budget little promotional film to add some fun and content to spooktacular right? (and watch out - there may be some stuff hidden in it... not just products, but other stuff to help in your Spooktacular roamings) It's not something Ebert's gonna review :lol So let me put your mind to rest and reassure you that there is absolutely, positively NOTHING serious about Help Wanted :rotfl

Wait. I'm confused. :confused: You mean this isn't a documentary? :banghead

dont tell me people are complaning about the trailer of the movie already ! PEOPLE !! The movie is not directed by steven spilberg. Just a small production to promote new products and have some fun halloween style. GEEEEZZ!!

Oh Man. Calm the ^^^^ down. I'm more worried that it is being so hyped that its destined to be eclipsed by said hype...again if you read the post it says I will still give it a shot its just worry. In reality though they could film Criswell throwing candy corn at new product with a turban that looks like a Jack O' Lantern and people would praise the hell out of it. :D

Good to hear that its attempting to be the good kind of campy though Dusty but the hype machine is massive on this one that will be interesting to see how it plays out. Only a few more days to find out.

I'm waiting on Mort as well, read a lot of issues with the B/W so I'm going to wait it out and probably nab one from someone on the boards.

What are you talking about? Sideshow didn't invent/coin the word "Spooktacular". Many companies have been using that word for decades for their Halloween events. And if Seaworld has registered something as a trademark, it would have to be something that is not already in the public domain, so the word "Spooktacular" and even "Halloween Spooktacular" would not be it. Maybe they registered "Seaworld Halloween Spooktacular", or the specific graphics and layout of their Spook logo.

Last year I happened to be awake at the right time (Midnight) when I ordered the Silver Screen Frankenstein vs Wolfman diorama. Hopefully this year will be a even more exciting with more surprises and unveilings than last year.

Last year I missed out the the Frank vs Wolf Man dio by about 15 minutes (went to bed too early). This year? I'm not sleeping at all!

I also missed it by that much----we should do shifts or exchange phone numbers so we can alert each other:naughty

Did you guys notice the 'promo word' interface on the Spook homepage? And the little giveaway we used it for in the Newsletter last night. Just a hint that that's gonna come into play a lot this Spooktacular ;) (and did anyone have any problems with it?)

Did you guys notice the 'promo word' interface on the Spook homepage? And the little giveaway we used it for in the Newsletter last night. Just a hint that that's gonna come into play a lot this Spooktacular ;) (and did anyone have any problems with it?)

I never even saw a promo word in the newsletter so I obviously didn't have a problem with it. :)

I never even saw a promo word in the newsletter so I obviously didn't have a problem with it. :)

Well, I'm gonna post it here so you guys (and girls) can check it out and test it over the weekend - it WAS kinda hidden...

GOREIFFIC

Post if you have problems or questions!

Even knowing what the word is I can't find it in the newsletter. If thats an indication of how this Spooktacular is going to go for me I might as well give up right now. :)

Even knowing what the word is I can't find it in the newsletter. If thats an indication of how this Spooktacular is going to go for me I might as well give up right now. :)

You may want to give it some serious consideration, because if you can't even read the 1st paragraph of the Newsletter, you've already failed! :lol

Join us beginning on October 22nd through October 31st for ten horror-ific days of discounts, contests, new product announcements, and more during our annual Spooktacular online event! To get set for our Halloween themed web party, we would strongly suggest you bookmark the page below to have all the spooky goodness right at your fingertips. Also, we've decided to have a little pre-spook fun by giving the first 50 people a cool FREE item! Simply enter the promo word GOREIFFIC into the 'got a promo word?' box through the link below (hint: look on the left hand side of screen once you click on the link) to see if you're fast enough to be one of the first fifty to grab something awesome. **Please note: If you do not receive a reply from our Customer Service department about this free item offer, then you did not get your e-mail in on time.

You may want to give it some serious consideration, because if you can't even read the 1st paragraph of the Newsletter, you've already failed! :lol

Well, thats not on the newsletter I see. Mine starts right away with the Spider Woman bust and I am subscribed to everything. Do you really think I would miss it if it was THAT obvious. :rolleyes:

Back