OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2009 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, the Dead isn't dead yet. If we weren't getting the Specimen busts I'd get worried. But the announcements have certainly slown down.

But the Specimen busts (and Patient Zero PF) are a clear example of them re-thinking the DEAD brand. That, the obviously low sales of the 12" over the past year, and no new 12" at Spooktacular are all an obvious indication that the DEAD 12" line is in some peril.

Hell, even the Mort VCDs (for all their hype) have failed to sell like hotcakes.

It will be interesting to see how the Specimens do, and what the price and ES is.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN ALL !!

DSC09748.jpg

LOL Snake! We have the same costume for our baby girl!!

You have a beautiful baby! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

There is no way the dead line is dead. It's popular and requires no license. They may be rethinking the marketing strategy, but the dead are here to stay.

I remember thinking the same thing about SS's LOTR 12" line......

No, Dusty already confirmed that he was on the Buck. For the life of me, I don't remember which thread it was in.

I know Dusty said that and the product page said that, but what I saw at SDCC was a Pro hand next to him (the non-exlcusive hand). So I'm not sure what to believe until someone actually has him in hand. He might have been intended to be on the buck, but that hand says otherwise.

IMG_3559.JPG

I know Dusty said that and the product page said that, but what I saw at SDCC was a Pro hand next to him (the non-exlcusive hand). So I'm not sure what to believe until someone actually has him in hand. He might have been intended to be on the buck, but that hand says otherwise.

IMG_3559.JPG

At this point, I gotta go with the website and the Sideshow rep over a pic and a hunch. Might just have been easier for the artist to mount the hand on a Pro peg to be painted. :dunno

Pro or Buck, I'm betting Punk (the regular, at least) goes off Wait List and on Second Chance by the time it starts to ship.

Well, at an ES of just 245 if the Exclusive goes on Second Chance then it's official... the DEAD 12" line is on the chopping block.

As it stands, it's on fumes.

All the friggin' variants had a lot to do with that. I think if they keep trucking with cool concepts, the line will pick up again. It's definitely salvageable. But expecting fans to dump big $$$ on PFs and LSBs is jumping the shark a bit and will also kill the line.

All the friggin' variants had a lot to do with that. I think if they keep trucking with cool concepts, the line will pick up again. It's definitely salvageable. But expecting fans to dump big $$$ on PFs and LSBs is jumping the shark a bit and will also kill the line.

I agree. It was the variants and the drastic jump in price by unnecessarily putting the figures on the Pro instead of the Buck (which is ironically perfect for Zombies).

What they need to do is shift focus back to the 12" line... 4-6 figures a year, all NEW (no lame variants) for around $50 a piece.

But do you really think that's gonna happen at this point? Looks like the writing is on the wall to me. I mean, no 12" DEAD figure at Spooktacular? Not even another variant? Not even an announcement or teaser??? That's not a good sign for the line no matter how you slice it.

I agree. It was the variants and the drastic jump in price by unnecessarily putting the figures on the Pro instead of the Buck (which is ironically perfect for Zombies).

What they need to do is shift focus back to the 12" line... 4-6 figures a year, all NEW (no lame variants) for around $50 a piece.

But do you really think that's gonna happen at this point? Looks like the writing is on the wall to me. I mean, no 12" DEAD figure at Spooktacular? Not even an announcement??? Not even another variant? That's not a good sign for the line no matter how you slice it.

Well, I dunno. We just got two. One the SDCC Ex and the other announced at SDCC (which I would've held until Spook personally). It took forever for the last bit of variants to dribble off the GC fodder list so that would explain why they didn't pop up this year. Zombies have a HUGE cult following, and with Sideshow being the only company putting out quality 12" zombies (I'll ad Amok to that list when they actually produce more than one), it's the one-stop shop.

PFs and LSBs and the bigger items become not only a financial issue with price, but also a display issue. There're far less who'll want to have 15 18" zombies happily displayed around the room for the wife and kids to see. :lol

Back