Official Sideshow Storm Shadow Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember. A majority of the time, the whiners get a slap and you get the infraction. 15 and you're gone, and they get to giggle like the little ^^^^^es they are. So pick your battles wisely.

so is that like 1 point per infraction kinda thing?
i dont think ill rack up 15, but ill take this bullet for sure:D

ive said all i need to say too, dont think it deserves an infraction, but what ev.
god 2 weeks till i get my ex stormy, can't wait :chew
except for his one chudo chop hand is hideous, the fingers are way too short and stubby, although it would be good for a "miny me " figure:lol

4043609584_c75b7ff0ce_b.jpg

4042872965_3760ee36f8_b.jpg

Fantastic shots, Rook! Great work as always!

Why do losers always try to change the arguments? :dunno

Your argument was your belief that the low edition sizes are a direct result of people disappointed in Sideshow's high-priced, low-quality products. With the exception of maybe half a percentile, IF THAT, you're wrong. You can't even provide substantial evidence to back your argument. Just another whiny freak from here and a post from some tittybaby on another forum. :lol

Additionally, if I have it my way, it will continue to be as successful as it's been. As far as Sideshow's 1:6 lines, not only is it their highest quality 1:6 line, but these "poor quality" figures are so damn good, not only are they pulling in new collectors, but they're bringing back collectors who've bailed on Sideshow's 1:6 lines. Feel free to read any of the Joe threads for proof. Hardly sounds like your point has any relevancy now. Hell, look up Snake Eyes on EbaY. For a figure who was released less than a year ago, people are paying well above retail for such a "wobbly" figure.

New collectors? Umm, if there were new collectors wouldn't the edition size increase rather than decrease? Evidence? For low edition sizes? Wobbly bodies? Ummm, there are many other forums you can find to back up the loose bodies. Heck, I want the line to continue but it can only continue if collectors are happy with the product. Time will tell. Thanks for the name calling. You know once you resort to that. You lost the argument. Just saying.

New collectors? Umm, if there were new collectors wouldn't the edition size increase rather than decrease? Evidence? For low edition sizes? Wobbly bodies? Ummm, there are many other forums you can find to back up the loose bodies. Heck, I want the line to continue but it can only continue if collectors are happy with the product. Time will tell. Thanks for the name calling. You know once you resort to that. You lost the argument. Just saying.

I think your way off, this line is awesone, 1 legged turtle slow but awesome. Low editions size is from the economic times and the target audience they can go to at this price range. Maybe 1 in 500 is backing out from a lose body or bad quality, and Id bet most of those people get SS to replace their figure for a new one.

Well I am a new collector because of the G.I. Joe line. I have never bought from sideshow nor even entered the high end collectible market before Snake eyes.
It seems to me that the original ES on snake eyes was a tester on the market , with a a new lincense taken in a new direction its always better too start off big but, due the flakiness of collectors ( Skinny body, Loose joints, Visor too big, etc...which meant I got the EX even after I didn't join the WL for 6 months.) caused the ES to be lowered for the current figures.
But saying that Snake eyes is now a pretty rare figure, one which collectors regretted cancelling.
Its only natural that Sideshow lowered ES after the negative feedback from SE but that just means the ES reflects the amount of die hard collectors of the line(As seen in the increase in price).

Okay, because clearly you're too dense to get the bazillion clues, suttle hints and not so suttle hints...

!!!ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

There's only like one other person here who agrees with you and even he got the hints. The rest of us would like to enjoy pics of Storm Shadow without the incessant, repetitive whining. So go curl in a ball, have a good cry and get over it. Then come back and enjoy some kickass Storm Shadow pics with the rest of us.

Rook what ISO settings are you using? I'm asking, because your photos always look good, but they also always have a bit of grain/noise.

I'm shooting at between 200-400, depending on the angle. The noise is a result of two things: 1) I intentionally underexpose, and 2) my camera's had about 10,000 frames fired through it. The sensor might be getting a bit tired. But I'm looking seriously at a new D700 to fix the problem.

Also, if I use the Unsharp Mask filter, it tends to exaggerate any noise in the photo...

The stuff I shoot in daylight is fine, no noise. For example...

3050593733_82cec31074_o.jpg

2436500617_91f92e64e0_b.jpg

Just wondering, because your photos always look swell, and I figured someone taking pics like that would have to know what they're doing, so the grain must have been intentional. Just wondered why, or perhaps if it was a style thing.

Fantastic shots Rook. There are so many great ways to pose SS, I imagine this thread will get bumps for a very long time.

Let's focus on the pics. I'm not big on infractions but my "delete post" finger does get trigger happy when warnings about getting off-topic go unheeded.

Everytime I see shots of SS, I get so jealous.... Damn international shipping times!!!! I'll only get mine early November.... sigh

Everytime I see shots of SS, I get so jealous.... Damn international shipping times!!!! I'll only get mine early November.... sigh

same here. these photos really make me drool. can't wait to get my hands on me stormy...

Okay, because clearly you're too dense to get the bazillion clues, suttle hints and not so suttle hints...

!!!ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

There's only like one other person here who agrees with you and even he got the hints. The rest of us would like to enjoy pics of Storm Shadow without the incessant, repetitive whining. So go curl in a ball, have a good cry and get over it. Then come back and enjoy some kickass Storm Shadow pics with the rest of us.

I possibly could get it if knew what "suttle" meant? Perhaps I'm being too subtle? When I get home, perhaps I will post some photos of storm shadow. :)

Back