Official Sideshow Storm Shadow Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering, because your photos always look swell, and I figured someone taking pics like that would have to know what they're doing, so the grain must have been intentional. Just wondered why, or perhaps if it was a style thing.

Actually, while I've got a knack for composition, I'm not all that versed in the technical aspects of my trade. At least, not when it comes to the ins-and-outs of digital. I was raised and trained to work with film. The digital wave is something I've sort of had to pick up as I got. It's something I've been meaning to address now that I'm out of work. :lol

If you or anyone else can offer some suggestions, feel free. :) I'd actually be grateful for any tips.

Actually, while I've got a knack for composition, I'm not all that versed in the technical aspects of my trade. At least, not when it comes to the ins-and-outs of digital. I was raised and trained to work with film. The digital wave is something I've sort of had to pick up as I got. It's something I've been meaning to address now that I'm out of work. :lol

If you or anyone else can offer some suggestions, feel free. :) I'd actually be grateful for any tips.

Rook your pictures own... some of the best I have seen.

I just got an email from Big Bad Toy Store... my Storm Shadow is on the way! This is the last figure I have pre ordered through a third party. Starting with the officier I will be getting them through SS. Happy times.

If ever a thread needed less bs and more pictures this would be it.

StormShadow4.jpg

StormShadow3.jpg

Looking Good!!!

Thanks, Face! :duff

So when do we see your Snake Eyes?

I haven't worked on Snakes in a week or two. Mostly it's the feet that need to be finished and then all the straps/pouches assembled. He's one of four,including what I hope will be my masterwork, that are so-so done just need a little more time.

If ever a thread needed less bs and more pictures this would be it.

StormShadow4.jpg

StormShadow3.jpg

Hey bro, love your Storm Shadow! I tried using a tt like yours & I could not get the foot pegs out, tried heating & prying them. How did you remove the foot pegs from the feet?

Hey bro, love your Storm Shadow! I tried using a tt like yours & I could not get the foot pegs out, tried heating & prying them. How did you remove the foot pegs from the feet?

Nuke some water in the microwave for about a minute (8oz coffee cup). Then submerge the foot completely for about 30 seconds. The peg should come right out.

Nuke some water in the microwave for about a minute (8oz coffee cup). Then submerge the foot completely for about 30 seconds. The peg should come right out.

That's what I did. Except I make sure I nuke it for about 2min and let the feet soak for a min or 2. The pegs with pop right out with no damage or mess.

That's what I did. Except I make sure I nuke it for about 2min and let the feet soak for a min or 2. The pegs with pop right out with no damage or mess.

Thanks for the tips guys! :D Here are some pics of Stormy before I switch his body.

DSCI0314-1.jpg

DSCI0324-1.jpg

DSCI0329.jpg

DSCI0339-1.jpg

If Storm goes up for 2nd chance I strongly doubt it'll be the exclusive version. Best to get him now before he dries up like Snake Eyes did.

Thanks Mando. I just could not get around to my local wal-mart to do my Mando version Storm Shadow... soon coming.

Back