Official Sideshow Crimson Guards!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Offical Sideshow Crimson Guards!

I don't mind something "different" but the Crimson Guard is kind of a big deal. Test new patterns and uniform techniques on Rock Vipers or Ice Cream Soldiers...not the Crimson Guard. To me after the BADASS Cobra Trooper and the equally if not baderass :)lol) Viper coming out the CG is kind of a let down. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, I'll still pick it up but trying to get changes made is always worth a shot. I'm not going to have a custom tailor make a thousand dollar uniform...but it's not a bad idea. :wink1:

They were more faithful to their source material. These phallic bondage troopers aren't. :(

True. And unfortunately SSC's continuous liberties/updates/modernizations with this line have lead to me gradually phasing it out over the years.

With SW you know that for whatever character you like SSC will at least make a genuine attempt to match the source material.

Given that no previous cloth outfits have drawn such complaints I'd guess no.

I'm pretty sure people have complained plenty about the Sniper and the Desert guys being rehashes.

Personally, I have faith that SSC has improved their ability to mimic cool leather gear since Buffy (and Aragorn as another example of bad faux leather). Otherwise, whats the point in paying 2x as much?

From just that shot, I think the uni looks good. I can tell it looks better than cheap stuff normally does.

These were on my list for my Crimson Commander and throne, as well, but that pic really disappointed me, too. The pleather looks bad and the headsculpt seems cheap somehow. Unless it gets a lot better, this may be off my list.

True. And unfortunately SSC's continuous liberties/updates/modernizations with this line have lead to me gradually phasing it out over the years.

With SW you know that for whatever character you like SSC will at least make a genuine attempt to match the source material.

This is the first release since Firefly, that I've been genuinely disappointed about. They should've saved the bondage look for Baroness if anybody. This looks like the Castro Street Regiment of the Crimson Guard. Who in their right mind, other than Boy George, would actually look at this and says, "Damn, that looks really good! APPROVED!" And aren't they supposed to be Joe fans? :(

I'm still looking forward to seeing the Fred headsculpt since SSC strongly implied that one will be included. Hopefully he isn't wearing a leather mask with zippers or anything.

Oh you drama queens. Its not THAT bad. You can always go for that Hasbro club exclusive!

GITW50001f.jpg

The art on this figure looks like the jacket is shiny.

I'm starting a group of CG fans and calling it the Culture Club. Care to join?

I have been waiting for these guys. The Crimson Guard were always my favorite as a kid. I will get one for sure maybe two.

Back