Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marvel
Marvel
Marvel

Not dc :lol

but kidding aside, I think the Marvel movie figures from HT are great.

then again, the movie designs for the characters in marvel films are MILES ahead of the DC ones.

I dunno. I'd add the MMS71 to that list as well. For a figure everybody hates, he's sure held up and the poseability is surprising considering the rubber suit. Though dated by today's standards, and not really a fan fave, you can add Superman Returns to that group too. :huh

When they say 'Modern Age' and 'Golden Age' are there any specific looks for Batman and Superman? Artist wise/era wise? I think of Adams, Miller, Lee, Mazzuchelli etc. when these terms come up.

When they say 'Modern Age' and 'Golden Age' are there any specific looks for Batman and Superman? Artist wise/era wise? I think of Adams, Miller, Lee, Mazzuchelli etc. when these terms come up.

I could be wrong but as I understand it, Golden Age = creation - 60's. Silver Age = 60's & 70's, and Modern era would be 80's+.

Last edited:
Cool. 80s would cover Miller's arcs, right up through the 90s to Knightfall and Sale's work on The Long Halloween, very stylised, up to Lee's Hush, finally landing on Morrison's RIP arcs.

Would love to see Mazuchelli's Year One design, Jim Lee's Hush design and Lee Bermejo's After the Fire design. As well as the golden era, original version, with the long ears. And Neal Adams'. And..well....plenty more. :lol

That's the one I'm hoping to see. :exactly:

Yeah, while im more of a fan of the large black bat symbol on the chest, as opposed to the yellow oval, Neal Adams design is just so classic. Would be great to have anything from that design. 1/6 Neal Adams Batman. :hi5:

Also Norm Breyfogle did some of my favourite Bat-stories when he was on Detective. Ooh oh and Paul Dini's stuff on detective. Cant think who the artist was off the top of my head. LOVED that art though. Before Dustin Nguyen took over.

How so? Watch the video, see the figures they are planning. That's a pretty fair announcement. NO pictures of the prototypes yet, but they're definitely announced.

"Hey we're gonna make this"

Is just as much an announcement as

"Coming soon"

is.

Showing concept art does not mean "Hey, we're gonna make this"

It means, "Hey, look at this cool picture we drew"

Damnit.. my cover s blown.

Time to Change.....

change-into-a-truck.jpg

I'm a big Hot toys fan, but I would absolutely love Sideshow 12" comic figures. I would kill for a great Two Face figure(preferably the BTAS design). Their GI Joe stuff is really starting to close the gap a bit on hot toys, they just need to work on the way they do human likenesses (paint apps and so forth).

I could be wrong but as I understand it, Golden Age = creation - 60's. Silver Age = 60's & 70's, and Modern era would be 80's+.

Golden Age is anything until about the early 50s.
Silver Age usually has an unofficial starting point of mid 50s until 1970
Bronze Age is 1970 until 1985
Modern Age is 1985 until present.

So what does that mean? Not artist specific as SSC has already shown that with their PFs they are starting with a base and then moving around from there into something idealized, but the overall looks for the characters.

So Batman for example:

Golden Age (short ears, no oval, boxy physique):
Batman+Dailies+1945-1946.jpg

Silver Age (oval, heavy black highlights, introduction of the "capsule belt"):
1.jpg

Bronze Age (tall ears, less highlights throughout, slimmer more athletic build):
batman303.jpg

Modern Age (this one is rough because it spans 27 years and he has had so many looks within this one time span but I would bet they are looking at this because the black was used more than the blue before Jim Lee's Hush):
mcguinness.jpg

New 52 (or they call it Justice League which has the lines, the mesh under the arms, stylized gloves, boots):
84f91a24dd2e1c48f1656e279d04d3e9.jpg

I think you'll see artist specific for ones that are popular but way out there like Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns but with popular artists like Neil Adams in the 1970s Bronze Age look which is also referred to as the "Classic" look because the Bronze Age looks for a lot of heroes lasted far into the Modern time.

Marvel
Marvel
Marvel

Not dc :lol

but kidding aside, I think the Marvel movie figures from HT are great.

then again, the movie designs for the characters in marvel films are MILES ahead of the DC ones.

May I direct you to the Christopher Reeve Superman thread?

Also, when do you guys think the first figure will be announced? Personally, I think it'd be pretty cool and poetic if the first 1/6th offering was Golden Age Superman.

Back