Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd rather it be SS quality which is already great :lecture

I dont mind sideshow but when comparing a 1/6 human likeness, and detailing quality, on a head sculpt it is like comparing a king ( hot toys ) to a peasant ( sideshow )

And i dont mind paying either, last thing i want with the sideshow dc, is to have to say well of course it is not is good because your not having to pay as much as hot toys, charge us a bit more and give us the quality sideshow, like you are doin with boba fett for example

But all in all if they do it correctly this line should be utterly amazing

Last edited:
I dont mind sideshow but when comparing a 1/6 human likeness, and detailing quality, on a head sculpt it is like comparing a king ( hot toys ) to a peasant ( sideshow )

And i dont mind paying either, last thing i want with the sideshow dc, is to have to say well of course it is not is good because your not having to pay as much as hot toys, charge us a bit more and give us the quality sideshow, like you are doin with boba fett for example

I can see someone is not paying attention to recent figure trends.

SDCC-2011-Sideshow-12-Inch-GI-Joe-4_1311203902.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg
rnr2.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

the newest, soon to be released things are using much the same processes in production as Hot toys now.

:exactly:

you beat me to it lerath. Those are the exact examples I was going to show. Zartan and Rock n Roll really show SS new standard in 1/6. I guess actually we can agree... just outside of the TF thread :lol

I can see someone is not paying attention to recent figure trends.

SDCC-2011-Sideshow-12-Inch-GI-Joe-4_1311203902.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg
rnr2.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

the newest, soon to be released things are using much the same processes in production as Hot toys now.

I totally agree with the quality of the figures you have posted ala my boba fett comment at the end of my original post.. And yes i am aware of them and have the exclusive of both zartan and boba pre-ordered.. And lets hope they continue with the amazing trends they have started with these 3 figures because i would much rather have this quality and pay 160 too 180 dollars than get some would've, could've, should've figure for 114.98 ya know ??

Last edited:
wouldn't these be more comic looking anyway and not as realistic? it won't matter??

the 2 reasons hot toys is the best, is amazing likeness, and tons of accessories for different posing

I wonder if any of these will be cooperative efforts between SSC & HT, I'd love it if they let HT do certain things (a la Stormtrooper armor). I was giddy as a schoolgirl when I saw that Arkham Asylum Batman blueprint. Hope we get an AA/AC-centric line with a roster of characters based on the game.

good point hunni.

do you have any 1/6 DC characters you're looking forward to?

Not really. Maybe Wonder Woman, Supergirl or Batgirl depending on the outfits they do and the price.

I'm not expecting a female anytime soon though... I don't think they are ready yet. :lol

Wow. This was the announcement I was waiting for. I am so looking forward to getting my hands on some SSC 1/6 DC figures.

I hope this means Sideshow would be working on getting the rights for Marvel 12" comic based figures as well...that would be awesome!!

I want Sinestro Doomsday Darkseid Black Adam Deathstroke Bane Lex Luthor Cyborg Superman all in 1:6 scale figures and PFs!

:exactly:

you beat me to it lerath. Those are the exact examples I was going to show. Zartan and Rock n Roll really show SS new standard in 1/6. I guess actually we can agree... just outside of the TF thread :lol

I'm highly opinionated, and proud of it :lol

I totally agree with the quality of the figures you have posted ala my boba fett comment at the end of my original post.. And yes i am aware of them and have the exclusive of both zartan and boba pre-ordered.. And lets hope they continue with the amazing trends they have started with these 3 figures because i would much rather have this quality and pay 160 too 180 dollars than get some would've, could've, should've figure for 114.98 ya know ??

Granted, I'm fine with their new price point, so long as the quality goes up to match.

the 2 reasons hot toys is the best, is amazing likeness, and tons of accessories for different posing

I'll again direct you to the GI Joe line. Sideshow tends to give more accessories than Hot toys. Trust me, these'll be amazing, and likely the BEST DC figures to date.

Hot toys can keep the overpriced, rotting rubber-suited movie garbage.

Comics Superior, all others inferior.

Back