Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm highly opinionated, and proud of it :lol
That's why we keep you around :wink1:

lerath666 said:
I'll again direct you to the GI Joe line. Sideshow tends to give more accessories than Hot toys. Trust me, these'll be amazing, and likely the BEST DC figures to date.

Hot toys can keep the overpriced, rotting rubber-suited movie garbage.

Comics Superior, all others inferior.
:exactly:

The Joes and the Clones come with so many accessories, posing never gets old

Oh and again I agree that...
Comics representation>movie rep

:lol at calling the Hot Toys movie figures "garbage".

I swear, some of you can't try to make a point without resorting to hyperbole, drawing unnecessary lines in the sand and slinging mud at the "other side".

Hot Toys is the standard for detailed and amazingly realistic 1:6 figures, and has been for a while. Especially in production figures matching the detail of the prototypes (this is where Sideshow has especially dropped the ball in the past... if their Rock-n-Roll paint apps match the protptype then they've finally arrived, but that's no given). However, Sideshow has been making great strides to catch up and compete near that same level. Their prices have risen accordingly, but indeed their 1:6 figures have gotten MUCH better and they should be applauded for their continued evolution. And, yes, Hot Toys has had some QC issues of their own, most notably related to their desire to continue to push the envelope in 1:6 engineering. But at the end of the day we're all better off that both Hot Toys & Sideshow are now producing quality high-end 1:6 figures. There is no need to choose one over the other.

Geez... that wasn't so hard.

That's why we keep you around :wink1:

:exactly:

The Joes and the Clones come with so many accessories, posing never gets old

Oh and again I agree that...
Comics representation>movie rep
never really seen the joes so i was just saying thats why i like hot toys so much, but im extremely excited for this announcement just hope we get good accessories :)

I swear, some of you can't try to make a point without resorting to hyperbole, drawing unnecessary lines in the sand and slinging mud at the "other side".

Hot Toys is the standard for detailed and amazingly realistic 1:6 figures, and has been for a while. Especially in production figures matching the detail of the prototypes (this is where Sideshow has especially dropped the ball in the past... if their Rock-n-Roll paint apps match the protptype then they've finally arrived, but that's no given). However, Sideshow has been making great strides to catch up and compete near that same level. Their prices have risen accordingly, but indeed their 1:6 figures have gotten MUCH better and they should be applauded for their continued evolution. And, yes, Hot Toys has had some QC issues of their own, most notably related to their desire to continue to push the envelope in 1:6 engineering. But at the end of the day we're all better off that both Hot Toys & Sideshow are now producing quality high-end 1:6 figures. There is no need to choose one over the other.

:clap:goodpost::clap

You really think you're gonna convert them with common sense? :lol

Please make a high quality 1/6 Boland Joker and I will be a happy collector - even if the wife and wallet aren't!

Pumped to see what SS does with the line. I'm not in for all, but will get the heavy hitters: Superman, Neal Adams style Batman, Green Lantern, Flash and Wonderwoman.

Would love for them to make a Swamp Thing, but not holding my breath.

I seriously doubt there will be any actual BTAS items. Inspired by the show perhaps, but not an animated style. They didn't even do the Clone Wars figures in an animated style.

I am soooooo tired of seeing Animated style DC characters.

I wouldn't be shocked if Animated looks don't become SDCC exclusives. If they go ultra realistic with the head it wouldn't be that difficult to get a sculptor in here to do just the head in that Timm Animated blocky style and swap it out.

Let me be clear.

I'm not calling the figures garbage.
I'm calling the rubber that rots garbage. If you think rubber that rots, cracks, falls apart, and leaks is a treasure that belongs in a museum, well, that's your opinion.

Yes, hot toys makes some fantastic looking pieces.
But those pieces will play second banana to anything that's derived from a comic book, as opposed to a drug induced dream of a film that is more or less based on a comic book. ( taking a swing at Wanted there for the record)

Additionally, as awesome as the hot toys figures are.. a rubber suited super hero is the suck when it comes to posing :/

Good point. That was probably a huge waste of my time. :lol

Let me be clear.

I'm not calling the figures garbage.
I'm calling the rubber that rots garbage. If you think rubber that rots, cracks, falls apart, and leaks is a treasure that belongs in a museum, well, that's your opinion.

Yes, hot toys makes some fantastic looking pieces.
But those pieces will play second banana to anything that's derived from a comic book, as opposed to a drug induced dream of a film that is more or less based on a comic book. ( taking a swing at Wanted there for the record)

Additionally, as awesome as the hot toys figures are.. a rubber suited super hero is the suck when it comes to posing :/

I agree, but HT's Comic Movie figures aren't just limited to rubber suited heroes. Wolverine, Blade and the upcoming Cap, just to name a few, are figures that aren't.

Very excited about this. Arkham Asylum is one of my favourite batman designs, so will be great to get some 1/6 of those designs. Plus the golden age Batman is great. And some of the modern age comic looks. And thats just batman. Plus any rogues they may do, and some comic book Superman. Man, im gonna be so broke. So very, very broke.

must be a new artist. never heard of the Boland Joker :lol

Ooops, forgot an "L" :slap

Let me fix it...

Please make a high quality 1/6 Bolland Joker and I will be a happy collector - even if the wife and wallet aren't!

I agree, but HT's Comic Movie figures aren't just limited to rubber suited heroes. Wolverine, Blade and the upcoming Cap, just to name a few, are figures that aren't.

Marvel
Marvel
Marvel

Not dc :lol

but kidding aside, I think the Marvel movie figures from HT are great.

then again, the movie designs for the characters in marvel films are MILES ahead of the DC ones.

It takes all kinds. Realistically HT's are fantastic but for whatever reason HT has been limited to only film depictions despite rumors to the contrary. DC Comic figures to me are a godsend because that is what got me into the whole genre to begin with. I'd love to see mutliple Batmen, Green Lanterns, Supermen on a shelf next to their HT film counterparts. I only wish they'd be able to do the same for Marvel.

Back