Official Sideshow 1/6th DC Comic and Game figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicholson Joker = 1989. :wink1:

Again, as I read in response to a question about a Green Lantern movie PF (I think it was in the Joker PF thread), they have the license for the comics and future movies.

I understand that but I don't see how stating the obvious of Nicholson related to Batman 89 negates my statement? :dunno

I will say this, someone posted at SDCC that the GL PF which is supposed to be coming next year according to this member who got the info from SSC says that it'll be a solid piece without fabric which had people thinking it'd the film PF, later that same member (cjf28?) said it'd be a comic based figure so I wonder if that is where the idea of the GL PF for the film came up because I seriously doubt they'll dip into that well.

As for the SSC/HT relation I would imagine that Gipetto is right where SSC will handle the bigger pieces and HT the figures for any future films.

I understand that but I don't see how stating the obvious of Nicholson related to Batman 89 negates my statement? :dunno

I will say this, someone posted at SDCC that the GL PF which is supposed to be coming next year according to this member who got the info from SSC says that it'll be a solid piece without fabric which had people thinking it'd the film PF, later that same member (cjf28?) said it'd be a comic based figure so I wonder if that is where the idea of the GL PF for the film came up because I seriously doubt they'll dip into that well.

As for the SSC/HT relation I would imagine that Gipetto is right where SSC will handle the bigger pieces and HT the figures for any future films.

I had said that I read somewhere they had the license for comics and upcoming films. Gippetto basically reposted what was said. I never said that they wouldn't be letting HT do figures (and have actually posted that I see then lending the license to HT for 12" movie figs). But it doesn't change the "fact" (for lack of a better word) that they have the licenses for both the comics and upcoming films. :huh

You were using the '89 Joker as an example of them not having the license for films, but I'd already stated that the statement I'd read included upcoming films. '89 Joker doesn't qualify as "upcoming."

How long do you guys think until we see their first offering from this line? The anticipation is killing me.

I'd settle for knowing what the actual line is. If they just announce 1/6 Arkham Asylum line officially coming in Q-whatever. Really anticipating what's coming from this whole dc licence.

:lecture Random thugs and guards as generic 2-Packs like Droids.

The thugs could look quite cool with muscle bodies and the face paint and funky hair. And the guards uniforms are quite cool. Just having the Arkham Asylum logo would be sweet. I guess just because its all part of the Batman world. Arghh, so much possibilities but I know half of it is just pipe dreams. Still, just give me batman and I'll be happy. Anything else from the game will just be a bonus after that.

Frankly, though, I don't see the point. Those games are so chock full of characters that it would take forever to get the main cast rounded out, let alone generic thugs. We'd probably be better off making custom thugs. HT muscle bodies, generic prisoner trousers, and some crude clown face paint on generic bald head sculpts.

Yeah that's true. I thought about that before. Just using a hot toys muscle body, from schwarzenegger or something,would be fairly easy I guess. Like I said, I'll be thrilled with a well done Arkham Asylum Batman. Anything else will just be gravy.

I'd settle for knowing what the actual line is. If they just announce 1/6 Arkham Asylum line officially coming in Q-whatever. Really anticipating what's coming from this whole dc licence.

I think it's going to be a general " DC UNIVERSE" line, where everything DC ( not including movies that have already been released) oriented is fair game.

Much like the Star Wars License .

Comics, Cartoons, Games, etc all under one roof, included in one line.

‎::Ask Sideshow::

Question: When will we start to see previews of the "high end" 12 inch DC heroes and villians?

Answer: The magic eight-ball says… SOON. We're actively underway with development on Gotham's most heroic and notorious, and big blue… and it won't be too long before you get your first look. Not too long, we say, although it feels like eternity to us too… we want DC awesomeness in Sixth Scale, from the comics, yesterday. Our crusade is underway, now grab your cape and join us!

‎::Ask Sideshow::

Question: When will we start to see previews of the "high end" 12 inch DC heroes and villians?

Answer: The magic eight-ball says… SOON. We're actively underway with development on Gotham's most heroic and notorious, and big blue… and it won't be too long before you get your first look. Not too long, we say, although it feels like eternity to us too… we want DC awesomeness in Sixth Scale, from the comics, yesterday. Our crusade is underway, now grab your cape and join us!

Thanks! When was this question asked btw?

Yeah, SilentSurfer says he hasn't gotten any DC 1:6 on his painting table yet and he has been Sideshow's go-to guy for a lot of 1:6 lately. So who knows what 'soon' could be.

Sounds like Bats and his rouge are high on their list though with Supes playing 3rd string :lol

Well if you think about it most offerings now would be available in the first half of next year which means they'll be just in time for the Batcrazy folks leaping all around the bandwagons. It's smart business. Even if it isn't TDKR themed, it really doesn't matter.

I'm hoping that we'll see other heroes woven in to the folds between all this batlove.

Back