official Sideshow 1:6 Snake Eyes discussion thread (with full photo)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The box for these guys certainly need to have some kind of throw back to the 80's cards. It has too.

This is obviously patterned after his 1985 sword:

2610_press27-001.jpg

Is this sword from the Devil's Due comic run??

2610_press29-001.jpg

BeckSnkEysPost_small.jpg

Just did a quick image search. Looks like his smaller ninja sword and one of his wrist gauges are based on Devil's Due artwork. That's pretty badass that you can outfit him as a walking arsenal, 1985 commando, or Devil's Due ninja based on your preference.

This price makes me sad and angry. Sad, because it officially means I can no longer afford anything SideShow makes. Angry because I don't think they have to cost this much.

Anyone else hoping he comes already wearing everything? :lol LotR and other figures are a pain when you have to put everything on. I'm already lost with what Snake Eyes is wearing. :google

Just for the sake of saying it - I'm really psyched about this figure!! :rock

I was a Joe fan in the 80's like every other kid, but I never thought I would be so excited about a 1:6 version now. Sideshow really nailed this one and I can't wait to have it. Snake Eyes was always my favorite joe (except for the regular military guy Footloose, but he was really low key). Love the accessories, and the swords rock.

Just imagine how good Firefly and Stormshadow are going to look.

Storm Shadow is going to look ^^^^ing awesome.....I wonder if they'll follow suit and offer the original masked only SS or offer up the hooded/masked version......they're wasn't a ^^^^load of difference if I remember correctly

Storm Shadow is going to look ^^^^ing awesome.....I wonder if they'll follow suit and offer the original masked only SS or offer up the hooded/masked version......they're wasn't a ^^^^load of difference if I remember correctly

I'm hoping it's the classic masked version of Stormshadow. Didn't the hooded one have some kind of grey cammo pattern on it? Classic would be best and judging from Snake Eyes, I would think classic would come first.

What would be really cool is if Snake Eyes and Stormshadow both had their matching tattoos on their forearms.

I'll have to see it in-hand, but this might be the first Sideshow figure that is on par with Hot Toys military stuff. I'd buy this even if I did not love RAH... and I do.

Bring on Cobra Commander and Destro.

$120 is more than I expected, but it does look pretty freaking amazing. I have to say this is on par, detail-wise, with some of the Hot Toys stuff. I think Sideshow is finally starting to give Hot Toys some competition (both quality and price wise).

Doubt that highly. Hot Toys and Medi have been at the price point for a few years now and are doing great. Sideshow may price you out, but they will be fine, trust me.

Trust you...nah...

As far as Hot Toys and Medicom...yes they were always higher priced -and alot can argue over-priced.

One of the reasons Sideshow has grown to the level it has is due to the fact that they provided an alternative to people who wanted cool looking figures at an affordable price.

Alot of the folks on this board, yourself included, are fans of the company and will buy whatever comes out and find a way to justify the price. For the majority of people outside of these boards the increase in figures prices will be too much.

Sideshow needs to decide, and I think they have sadly, if they want to be the company that got them to the place they are now OR an overpriced company like Hot Toys and Medicom that only attracts the fanatical collector.

Back