Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how this figure would look by simply replacing the head with the new ESB head (which looks better).

I'm personally still pretty happy with this Vader, despite the height issue. Although seeing the side by side photo with the new ESB Vader really brings out all the flaws in the ANH version. There are subtle proportion issue that seem okay when you look at the ANH Vader by itself. But when you see it next to the new one, you really notice the flaws. Regardless there is still a lot to like on this version. The suit is definitely better than the new one. And it really is a finely crafted piece. The paint apps and finishes are luscious.

I intend on taking side by side pics of the new Vader with my dome lowered, KP-02 body swapped, and with lforgino cape/tunic ANH Vader. If anyone is interested, anyway.

Ok, 2nd attempt. I contacted Chakaman and he suggested removing the inner post and after that try to find the right angle to fit the dome and glue. For perfect results he also suggested dremelling small parts of the helmet. Thanks mate!

I don't have any dremelling tools unfortunately and I am also a bit scared to damage the helmet beyond repair. I only removed the inner post and used a sliver of tape to fit the dome. I have the Efx 1:1 Vader to compare, sweet spot seems to be when the dome flare sits a tad lower than the neck and the brow part sits ever so slightly over the eyes.

Any opinions are appreciated, don't be shy to let me have it if I looks bad. Front, low and side shot:

23uc2ts.jpg

2r3ijjq.jpg

20r5hfr.jpg

Ok, 2nd attempt. I contacted Chakaman and he suggested removing the inner post and after that try to find the right angle to fit the dome and glue. For perfect results he also suggested dremelling small parts of the helmet. Thanks mate!

I don't have any dremelling tools unfortunately and I am also a bit scared to damage the helmet beyond repair. I only removed the inner post and used a sliver of tape to fit the dome. I have the Efx 1:1 Vader to compare, sweet spot seems to be when the dome flare sits a tad lower than the neck and the brow part sits ever so slightly over the eyes.

Any opinions are appreciated, don't be shy to let me have it if I looks bad. Front, low and side shot:

23uc2ts.jpg

2r3ijjq.jpg

20r5hfr.jpg

That looks fine. Pics always seem to make SS Vader's head look distorted but at a glance your dome looks good to me. I dremeled the inside of my dome as well as Vader's head (ever so slightly) to make it sit better.

Thanks man! Don't have a dremelling tool in my toolbox so I used a big pair of sharp pincers, that rod got owned. :lol
Have to say, thanks to this mod I saved myself from buying the new Vader.

Looks a lot better. Only think that is holding it back imo is wearing the robes under the armor. The shoulder armor should be under the robe on ANH Vader.

That looks GREAT! Did you polish or paint the dome? The one I bought online has some texture to it, like a cheesy polish that went bad look.

I was trying to figure out how to fix that...not that I even own a SS vader yet.

Quick question - and I hope I don't offend anyone by asking here. Was doing a little X-mas cleaning and found an extra MIMB ANH Vader I bought back when these were new. Planned on trying my hand at modding it, but I got married about that time and Vader got packed up and forgotten about when the wife moved in. Now that I have the ESB on preorder, I don't really need 2. What is the going rate for him - i.e. a price that will sale on eBay (I don't trust the current listings seem way too high), but not so low that I am giving him away. Any help would be appreciated.

I just happened to be looking on ebay for the going rate since I'm considering selling my ANH Vader too.

I saw they were selling for around $150-$200. There were a few that were "or best offer" that were listed for $250, but it said that "best offer accepted", so who knows how much it actually went for. There were tons listed for $250 and up, but didn't sell.

So realistically I'd say to expect around $150 and anything above that would be bonus.

That looks GREAT! Did you polish or paint the dome? The one I bought online has some texture to it, like a cheesy polish that went bad look.

I was trying to figure out how to fix that...not that I even own a SS vader yet.

Thanks, mate. I did nothing to the dome, it arrived clean and shiny, so I can't help you in that department. :(

I have the Efx 1:1 Vader to compare, sweet spot seems to be when the dome flare sits a tad lower than the neck and the brow part sits ever so slightly over the eyes.

I posted the following before-and-after diagram as a guide back in 2010 when modifying the ANH Vader first stared heating up around here. But, as you already figured out, that helmet has to sit WAY lower than how they were positioned when these figures first rolled out of the factory, regardless of which dome was used.

picture.php

I posted the following before-and-after diagram as a guide back in 2010 when modifying the ANH Vader first stared heating up around here. But, as you already figured out, that helmet has to sit WAY lower than how they were positioned when these figures first rolled out of the factory, regardless of which dome was used.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1249&pictureid=14299

I remember that.
It was thanks to you and your guide that I was able to lower the helmet on mine.

Back