Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, I think he looks great, but I know if I rebuy that body ill be unhappy with it in hand. Ugh.

Will you use the KP for the new Vader?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

See, I think he looks great, but I know if I rebuy that body ill be unhappy with it in hand. Ugh.

Will you use the KP for the new Vader?

I'm not certain I will get the new Vader actually. I do not have it preordered. I have an old Hurricane ESB Vader that holds up pretty well, lights and all. Not sure I need a third. I want some parts, that's all at the moment. But, maybe in-hand pictures will change my mind.

What do you mean, if you rebuy that body you will be unhappy?

I personally love Vader's scale to Luke. Vader would scare the hell out of me if i was luke and had to face him in a fight. His height and presence is perfect 4 me truly scary opponent for luke. I'm realy glad he didnt change his size much if any.

I'm not certain I will get the new Vader actually. I do not have it preordered. I have an old Hurricane ESB Vader that holds up pretty well, lights and all. Not sure I need a third. I want some parts, that's all at the moment. But, maybe in-hand pictures will change my mind.

What do you mean, if you rebuy that body you will be unhappy?

Ah. I didn't know you had a Hurricane. You weren't one of the the ones that waited 4 years, were you?

I owned a KP body when King posted his pics. I thought it looked great , and followed suit like everyone else, but I just didn't like it in hand. The boots made the legs looked squat and the arms a bit stubby. Basically, every time i see a pic I think it looks brilliant and have been persuaded to buy another, but I feel like if I did I'd regret it.

Ah. I didn't know you had a Hurricane. You weren't one of the the ones that waited 4 years, were you?

Nope. I actually had it made about a year or so before I joined the boards -- in the dark ages of 2004. It took about 5 months and was Glenn's first official commissioned Vader with the light-up functions. He consequently made a career out of it. It means a lot to me because it was his first (second really because he built the proto for himself).

King who? Never heard of him. :dunno

:D

Nope. I actually had it made about a year or so before I joined the boards -- in the dark ages of 2004. It took about 5 months and was Glenn's first official commissioned Vader with the light-up functions. He consequently made a career out of it. It means a lot to me because it was his first (second really because he built the proto for himself).

:D

That's cool. I'd like to see come pics if you have any.

The Dorkness is dead!!! Long live the Dorkness!!! :rock

Whoa, I didn't realize it had been that long.

We laugh, but you know....he may really be dead or something. :lol

I hope his current wife saves his life as fast as the ex did. :lol

Oh wait. I have no idea who we are talking about. Carry on. King? Never heard of him. :lurking:

It's like...something out of a dream. I don't know...it feels like...

Feels like what?

Yoda_Empire_Strikes_Back.png

Hi guys,

I have (finally after waiting to long) a ANH Vader on it's way to me. Very excited about him cause it already has the custom cape with it.

My question, do i need the tunic?

Second, where can i get the right hasbro helmet? Saw an electronic talking vader somewhere, but i know i'm supposed to get the ultimate villain version.

Any help would be appriciated.

I don't know why by i am major in the star wars figs these days. Own a couple, but most my collection is indy although i started out with star wars. This hobby is expensive, but awesome.

Thanks guys and gals,

Best,

Robert

My question, do i need the tunic?

Second, where can i get the right hasbro helmet? Saw an electronic talking vader somewhere, but i know i'm supposed to get the ultimate villain version.

To your first question, the production tunic will likely not match the custom cape, so it won't look as good. Especially in pictures. So I would get a custom tunic as well.

To your second question, the Electronic talking Vader and the Ultimate Villain Vader domes are both from the same mould, so either would work.

:wave

Back