Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vadercompare.png

I've been scrolling through this thread and I found this pic. The one on the right is this figure at SDCC. Is it me or does the proto helmet look much better than the final product?

The more I look at yours Fiend, I think it looks good.

Here is mine, I think it may be a tad too tall. I will probably leave him as is, not sure I want to mess with modding him again.

0111024x768_zps841b57d4.jpg

0131024x768_zps0ce58427.jpg

Yeah, I think I may just keep him the way he is. I was thinking about doing some serious modding to the body but I don't think I have it in me. He suffers from long leg syndrome but I'll deal with it until I find another option I'm happy with.

I posted the following before-and-after diagram as a guide back in 2010 when modifying the ANH Vader first stared heating up around here. But, as you already figured out, that helmet has to sit WAY lower than how they were positioned when these figures first rolled out of the factory, regardless of which dome was used.

picture.php

That's what I did when I got mine, it was fairly loose so I just pushed it down.

Looks great IMO. Plus in my memory Vader towers over Luke in the Bespin fightscene. Really happy I did the Hasbro mod on mine. Wanted to spend some time yesterday on kitbashing and reposing, but kept looking at my Vader (got nothing done basically). At low light and looking from below the likeness is almost startling.

Looks good, a big improvement over what he was like straight out of the box. If you make it any shorter, you risk him looking stunted or big headed.

I'd say this is good!

Wor-Gar approves! :clap

I will keep it. :)

Looks good, a big improvement over what he was like straight out of the box. If you make it any shorter, you risk him looking stunted or big headed.

Plus, to make him any shorter would take some serious modification. I don't feel like doing that. :lol

Still, he does have long leg syndrome, but they are hidden from his robes. I asked wifey what she thought and she said she didn't notice until I showed her by pulling his robes up.

So, if by some chance a new body comes out that is the right size and more proportioned than I'll switch. Until then I'll keep this.

So, if by some chance a new body comes out that is the right size and more proportioned than I'll switch. Until then I'll keep this.

Problem with that is the ANH head is oversized. It's not too bad a problem but if you shrink the body down any more it becomes more apparent. I considered buying just the hands and boots from the ESB version (it'll most definitely get parted out at some point) but this would make the big head look even more so. The key is proportion.

Well, my Vader is already out of proportion. :lol

I never considered the helmet an issue. I'll definitely be buying some things from the new SSC figure, gloves included.

edit: Hey, I took a look at your collection. What body is your Vader on? He looks great.

Last edited:
:lol way too much credit.

Here's mine from ages ago anyway.

I'm not really getting a good sense of scale from this, could you take some newer shots like this, but with you in your Vader costume to provide real life accuracy? :monkey3

Back