Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up this figure from a local retailer never taken out of the box for $150!

Great figure, and I think better than the new release by leaps!

That's pretty much retail when you factor in what taxes and shipping would've cost you. That's a good score!

Even with its flaws, this figure is easy to make look great with a few mods.

Looks awesome fiend.

Thanks,man. :duff

Thx for the response. But its more perfect than the stock dome no? :wink1:

I know a lot of people think its for great for an ANH dome. I keep my armor on the outside of the tunic as he did in ESB so I think a lowered stock dome looks fine.

Although I have been curious about the Hasbro dome and thought abou picking it up if I can find it cheap.

Just picked up this figure from a local retailer never taken out of the box for $150!

Great figure, and I think better than the new release by leaps!

That is an excellent price! Congrats.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Great pics guys.

Here are a couple pics of my modded Vader. I still want to add the widows peak.

039900x877_zpsce1fba09.jpg

056840x900_zpsae89abb5.jpg

My hasbro dome arrived a couple days ago. Took some fiddling to get it to work, but the end result is very pleasing. Looks really good on my shelf. Hasbro dome seems just a tad lower and wider. Before and after pics are almost shocking, stock dome left and hasbro right. The third and fourth pic really sell the mod IMO.

The new Vader would have to be incredible inhand for me to get it. Don't have the skills or guts to do any kind of height mod, but somehow the size doesn't bother me. I am really liking my 'old' one. :lol

333cu9x.jpg

dffym9.jpg

e9ue85.jpg

103s6fb.jpg

2wm2nio.jpg

29c2bcz.jpg

14ttqnr.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry man I don't want to blow sunshine up your butt but that looks pretty terrible. You need to file off the nub on the top of the inside of the helmet in order for the dome to sit naturally on Vaders mask. You may also want to look into getting some eraser gum or some Velcro to help it sit correctly on the mask.

Sorry man I don't want to blow sunshine up your butt but that looks pretty terrible. You need to file off the nub on the top of the inside of the helmet in order for the dome to sit naturally on Vaders mask. You may also want to look into getting some eraser gum or some Velcro to help it sit correctly on the mask.

Agreed needs some more work. Once you adjust the helmet be sure to pull the tabards over the armor as worn in them film.

When done it will look good. Keep it up!:clap

Aye, I knew something looked off on the helmet, it doesn't look right. So how much off the inside post has to be removed, all of it? And should the dome be placed at a certain angle or straight on?

Nice to know it looks like crap though. :wink1:

Bravo! I saw that too. It's good to get a second set of eyes. I have been doing so much modding to my sandies that I don't catch the goofs right away until later, after I buy some new bodies and make minor improvements, but it's good to get honesty from fellow freaks. Don't hold back on me either!!

Glad to see the advice was received well. I'm learning from this thread, so carry on.

Thanks.

Aye, I knew something looked off on the helmet, it doesn't look right. So how much off the inside post has to be removed, all of it? And should the dome be placed at a certain angle or straight on?

I bought one of those on ebay, hoping to get a vader one day. Mine is not as shiny as yours. Did you polish it in anyway?

It looks nice on it's own, after the corrections it will look awesome.

Contact Chakaman aka Chris on the board. He has done the best vader thus far, and is a customizer extraordinaire! His photos are right before yours, he is a nice guy and can help you with your questions.

Maybe, but I am not buying that overpriced fig just for the dome, SS stuff doesn't seem to get parted out much.

Anyhoo, I contacted Chaka, hopefully he can help me with my inferior dome. Thanks to the board for being frank. I simply lack the knowlegde to notice inaccuracies, sometimes a blessing though.

This is still one of my favorite figures after the helmet mod. The size doesn't bother me. This film is my favorite appearance of Vader anyway.

Back