Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, lowering the back, but not the front sounds interesting. I could see it really improving the look of the figure from the side. Am I correct in assuming that all I would have to do is sand down some of the plastic towards the back of the inside of the dome?

You would assume correctly, Zeiss. I think I sanded down that back ridge inside the dome than anything else (it's also the largest one). But, it not only improves the Vader's profile, but you'll notice the difference even from the front! IMHO, it more accurately places how Vader's helmet should actually sit & (as crazy as it sounds) suddenly that helmet won't seem so tiny anymore.

I may give this a try. Any pictures of the back being lowered but not the front as much?

027-1.jpg

A superb shot!! :clap BTW did you pad the Vader's chest? Looks great!

Thanks a lot!
Yes, i did a little padding but not so much :)

I think I should do some padding as well, it subtly changes the appearance of Vader making him even more menacing. Was it hard to remove the back part of the armor and especially the suit? From what I remember from the Vader I had to destroy, it has some sort of velcro on back of the suit?

I may give this a try. Any pictures of the back being lowered but not the front as much?

I haven't seen pics of anyone going for that particular approach, but it's totally doable. By sanding or Dremeling down just that back ridge inside the dome, you should be able to swivel the back of Vader's helmet towards the front a few degrees, which will not only close the gap between the bottom of the helmet & the shoulders, but it will create more of an overhanging brow over Vader's eyes. And THAT will be when Vader's likeness will suddenly come into focus!

To give you an idea of what I'm getting at, here's another comparison shot of my modified Vader figure with a movie still:

picture.php

PJ -- I just noticed you changed the colors of your belt boxes. Did you make this one an Empire Vader?

I haven't done anything else to my Vader other than the height & helmet modification. Are the colors on my belt boxes inaccurate as well? Great, another thing about this figure to drive me crazy!

That's it. I can't take it anymore. I'm getting out of this hobby. :wink1:

To give you an idea of what I'm getting at, here's another comparison shot of my modified Vader figure with a movie still:

picture.php

Who's pic is the one to the right? It has two red and one green light as opposed to the film still and SS version.

Always loved that comparison though. Looks dead on.

Who's pic is the one to the right? It has two red and one green light as opposed to the film still and SS version.

That's my figure on the right. I think those belt lights changed when I was color-correcting my photo (which I shot under natural lighting & ended up with an unwanted warmer tint) to match the movie still.

But now that you pointed it out, Wor-Gar, I noticed that the square green buttons on the Vader figure is totally inaccurate to the one Vader wore in ANH. I can't believe Sideshow screwed that up too? Will this outrage never end?!? :wink1:

But now that you pointed it out, Wor-Gar, I noticed that the square green buttons on the Vader figure is totally inaccurate to the one Vader wore in ANH. I can't believe Sideshow screwed that up too? Will this outrage never end?!? :wink1:

I actually noticed that when this was first announced -- but I figured they made the belt boxes to work for ESB/ROTJ also on which those light sizes would be correct as they were larger.

I'm sometimes ashamed I know these things when there's a wealth of knowledge out there that I don't know.

I've had the lforigno cape for awhile now, and after reading these recent pages I decided to follow PJB-1138's helmet lowering mod on page 526.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2869824&postcount=5257

Here's my Vader with his helmet lowered and the custom made cape by lforigno.
More before pics (some with original cape some with the custom) can be found through the link in my sig.

VaderMod01.jpg

VaderMod02.jpg

VaderMod03.jpg

VaderMod04.jpg

VaderMod05.jpg

Before:

Imperial01-1.jpg

After:

Imperial03.jpg

I've had the lforigno cape for awhile now, and after reading these recent pages I decided to follow PJB-1138's helmet lowering mod on page 526.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2869824&postcount=5257

Here's my Vader with his helmet lowered and the custom made cape by lforigno.
More before pics (some with original cape some with the custom) can be found through the link in my sig.

VaderMod01.jpg

Man, that is one sexy-looking Vader figure you have there, JK! Looks like you nailed the helmet placement perfectly. I don't know why, but every new modified Vader I see here feels like victory. :clap

Kudos for going the extra mile by adding lforigno's custom cape, although I can't help but think now how much better they would be if he had folded the collar under the cape where it cinches around the neck. Have you tried seeing how it looks reversed?

Back