Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it a straight forward coversion, as I've seen someone else post the same mod, I've considered buying a t800 body too though didn't want to wreck the Vader figure

Was it a straight forward coversion, as I've seen someone else post the same mod, I've considered buying a t800 body too though didn't want to wreck the Vader figure

That was my goal. It isa straight forward conversion. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is the neck dumbbell. It needs a shorter dumbbell that has the same sized balls on either side.

No Vader or T-800 was harmed in creating this piece.

Looks very good Dave... probably the best I've seen, although that would be quite an investment as the T-800 body sells for some serious scratch.

Seems the most economical height mod is the replacing the torso joint with one from a Stormtrooper.

Looks very good Dave... probably the best I've seen, although that would be quite an investment as the T-800 body sells for some serious scratch.

Seems the most economical height mod is the replacing the torso joint with one from a Stormtrooper.

yep, i did that one as well.
Picture037-3.jpg

VaderBodyMod.jpg
Picture037-3.jpg

I'd agree from these two pics that the T-800 conversion looks better.

Come clean, Dave -- didn't someone else do this a long time ago?

Anyway, the only thing that bugs me with Dave's is the head position/neck. Obviously the neck connection needs some work here and isn't a clean swap.

It's a clean swap. Just needs a proper dumbbell to attach the two pieces. The socket in the helmet is the sane size as the T-800's neck, but the T-800 (standard HT) dumbbell has a larger ball for the head socket. Some other company must have a compatible piece.

As for someone else doing it first, if someone has I wasn't aware...

Vader looks great on the T-800. I had ported mine over to a Predator body a long time ago.

It's a clean swap. Just needs a proper dumbbell to attach the two pieces. The socket in the helmet is the sane size as the T-800's neck, but the T-800 (standard HT) dumbbell has a larger ball for the head socket. Some other company must have a compatible piece.

As for someone else doing it first, if someone has I wasn't aware...

I'm not suprised your unaware, I think it's only in the t800 thread also he didn't use the SSZC helmet. I'm definatey going to do this though, so every apart fromt the head is a simple swap yeah?

Back