Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope that sideshow gets all the scars right on the ROTJ 12 inch figure if they make it a reveal. They missed a bunch of scars on the life size bust.:(

They addressed it in one of the Q & A's that both ESB and ROTJ Vaders would eventually be released.

Makes sense, they would be leaving a lot of money on the table by not making them.

I believe SSC mentioned a possible release of ROTJ Vader. I haven't read/heard anything regarding TESB version.

Not to change the subject but I'm guessing what would the exclusives and/or accessories be for each version of Vader from the original trilogy.

TESB:
holo-platform
open hand palm (deflecting Solo's pistol fire)
OR hand holding Solo's pistol
wired cape
med-chamber (A LOT OF $$$ :lol)

ROTJ:
Removeable helmet, mask (obvious)
Vader's severed wrist
Luke's lightsaber(?)

Oh, and I love my ANH Vader w/lforigno custom cape! :yess:

I believe SSC mentioned a possible release of ROTJ Vader. I haven't read/heard anything regarding TESB version.

The question was posed way back when ANH was released and I believe they said they have every intention of doing all the Vaders. Hell, even a battle damaged TFU version would be cool.

how is the height mod affecting the arm length? i always thought Vader had a tiny bit of monkey arm anyway, and was afraid lowering his upper torso, along w/ shoulders and arms, would make for even greater "Monkey Arm Madness" ™
does it?

how is the height mod affecting the arm length? i always thought Vader had a tiny bit of monkey arm anyway, and was afraid lowering his upper torso, along w/ shoulders and arms, would make for even greater "Monkey Arm Madness" ™
does it?

The torso swap makes such little difference to Vader's overall upper body that the arms don't look lengthened at all, especially after the figure is fully dressed.

picture.php

Yes, i did that with mine. Looks perfect to me now.

017-1.jpg

021.jpg

022-1.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

027-1.jpg

034.jpg

037.jpg

041.jpg

I have both flared out SS helmet and Habsro helmet and IMHO using the Hasbro one gives the best look.
Flared out SS helmet looks okay when you posed Vader looking up a bit, but doesn't look good when you posed him looking straight at you. It still gives that funny pony haircut look.
Have a look for yourself.

ss.vader.bw.jpg

The flared out Sideshow helmet actually looks pretty good in these pics. While I have a Hurricane modified Hasbro dome on my Vader, I might try the flared our Sideshow helmet for the heck of it. Spiker and Cruxc, how did you flare the helmet? With a hairdryer? Also, did the paint crack?

The flared out Sideshow helmet actually looks pretty good in these pics. While I have a Hurricane modified Hasbro dome on my Vader, I might try the flared our Sideshow helmet for the heck of it. Spiker and Cruxc, how did you flare the helmet? With a hairdryer? Also, did the paint crack?

Putting my Sideshow dome in a coffee mug of boiling water for about 30-45 seconds did the trick for me (a method I picked up modifying my Stormtrooper chest armor awhile back). After gently holding the sides of the helmet apart for about a minute, I ran it under a cold tap to set.

Here's how it turned out:

picture.php

Looks great PJB.
I did mine with a hair dryer, but yours looks much better.

Saying that I just picked up the Hasbro dome and boy what a difference! It's fantastic!

Putting my Sideshow dome in a coffee mug of boiling water for about 30-45 seconds did the trick for me (a method I picked up modifying my Stormtrooper chest armor awhile back). After gently holding the sides of the helmet apart for about a minute, I ran it under a cold tap to set.

I did the same as PJB-1138, but I put it in a boiling water more than one minute. Tried it under one minute but it didn't flare out as much as I expected.
And yes, the paint on mine cracked a little so it needed to be repainted.

I did the Hasbro helmet mod -looks fantastic! I used sculpt to mold a widow's peak, cleaned it up and repainted the dome.

It sits well on his head but need a preferred way of reattaching the helmet to the figure. Don't think a standard glue will work.

Looks good, but I'd really like to see a before-after.

You know, WG. If I'd known that there would be so much discussion about modifying these Vader figures, I would have taken more "before" pics. Also, you may recall, that close-up photo I took months ago was meant to be part of a comparison pic with this ANH still:

picture.php

Last edited:
Back