Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's Johnnyr, from this site..... He's a n00b who starts threads like "you can take the cop uniform supplied with the DX Joker and make another figure from it with a generic TT body"... that was a new thread yesterday or the day before. I think he's nice enough but the term newb was made just for him. :rolleyes:

Hey wus up flosi? Newb is the right term. When he said the cape was cheap looking or felt cheap I wanted to throw something. I think SS vader is one of their best 1/6 figures.

I was heart broken when I saw this....SS Vader is my number fig in my Collection
https://www.youtube.com/user/johnnyr2525#p/u/20/DU4V3L8nEwI

That review is weird... He says the helmet is ok, in fact I think that is the worst part of Vader, the cape is just fine, so is the chest box (excepting the leather straps which are crappola). The Vader figure is cool, maybe the ESB or ROTJ will be even better, but this one cannot be rated just 6 stars... I think the review was really plain and quite boring and uninformative, not close ups on the figure, the viewer couldn't see the details on the figure since he got the cape over it and no close shots. A cool figure that he made look bad in the video. And his "uhhh uhhh" parts of the videos are really annoying...:eek:

Last edited:
His reviews are pointless. Like stated, the guy has been collecting stuff for 5 minutes and he is supposed to be expert enough to review them? He can't even figure out a search button.

Indeed, he declared he started collecting these about 3 months ago or something like that...

He speaks like if he's retarted or something, at least got hit over the head a few times...

I got a colleague that sounds like that I really get mad at him sometimes, I want to scream something like, "Look I got a deadline to keep, get to the point already!".

OHHH this is where all the hate went :lol
JUUUUUST JOKING!
OK so this is the Darth Vader to get? I did not want to start a SW line as I fear it will be end of me but I just picked up the SandTrooper from Toys2 so it's over :( (well at least this is the cheapest licensed product I have bought so far :p)
Well Darth Vader is a must for this line. I will try to go through this thread in it's entirety but would be great if I could get the skinny on this as well without watching this guys many looneytubes. I assume I don't need to consider any other Vaders for now? :p
Of cause I now also have to start looking for R2D2 and C3PO :( As for other main characters I think I can stay away for now as none of the headsculpts and paint jobs come even close to HT standards yet? So will SS eventually release better versions?

Last edited:
Two major nit picks about this figure:

1. Helmet is shaped kinda odd - not long enough in the rear mostly

2. Vader is a tad too tall.

Other than that, you wont find another 1/6th scale Vader that is better unless you buy a Hurricane custom...period.

There...you're all caught up! :peace

Thanks :D Maybe I skip reading this whole thing afterall :D
Few more questions... What is Hurricane custom? I probably will regret asking but does anyone have comparison pics? Also does the saber light up? MF your pictures in the blog are great but I assume the saber effects are PSed right?

Great minds ;)

MS.jpg

And no Photoshop tricks, the size difference IS that significant.

OMG ok Medi is out for sure , even as a backup :\:monkey3

Regarding the review(or more accurately, the reviewer)...Someone needs to take away his camera(and his toys, and maybe his tongue)...PS

Everyone always trots out that old height comparison photo when discussing the respective merits of the Medicom and Sideshow Vaders.

Funny as it is, all it does is prove one thing - that one action figure is taller than another action figure. What it doesn't do is tell you which looks better, and that is still Medicom's, hands down.

Might not be a popular thing to say on a Sideshow Forum, but it's true. I don't care how tall Sideshow's effort is, that helmet is all kinds of wrong.

Yes, the face does protrude rather on the Medicom figure. No figure is 100% perfect.

Overall though it has a much more Vader-like appearance, IMO.

Everyone always trots out that old height comparison photo when discussing the respective merits of the Medicom and Sideshow Vaders.

Funny as it is, all it does is prove one thing - that one action figure is taller than another action figure. What it doesn't do is tell you which looks better, and that is still Medicom's, hands down.

Might not be a popular thing to say on a Sideshow Forum, but it's true. I don't care how tall Sideshow's effort is, that helmet is all kinds of wrong.

I'm with you.

Maybe my Medi ROTS Vader be smaller than my sideshow.. but when I Have to show 1 representation of Vader, the Medi Vader is the one.

Back