Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's a beautiful figure, and the scale does not bother me at all!

As to switching out bodies, I wonder if a HT Pred would work...

I just watched the original Star Wars and Vader is either perfectly in scale, or not depending on which scene you are talking about. In his first entry scene, the other stormtroopers come right up to his shoulder, as does sideshows. When Leia pushes up against him ()when Tarkin is yelling at her) she comes up to hit mid chest like Sideshow's does. However there are Tarkin/vader side by side scenes that put tarkin just a smidge shorter then vader and I know Peter Cushing wasn't quite that tall. They did shots like that to get both characters in the same frame. I would say get him because he is awesome!

His scale bugged the hell from me, and I eventually sold him. He looks awesome as long as he's not posed next to other SS figures...but then it's kinda pointless.

A body switch won't entirely solve the problem either. Everything on him is out of scale.

Great looking figure, but I'm waiting on version 2.

yeah unfortunately the hell outta me too. still considering tho. kinda like the idea of switching to an HT Pred bod

I'm sorry, at least the upside is, he surely won't be the last Vader from them, and future ones could be even better.

I just watched the original Star Wars and Vader is either perfectly in scale, or not depending on which scene you are talking about. In his first entry scene, the other stormtroopers come right up to his shoulder, as does sideshows. When Leia pushes up against him ()when Tarkin is yelling at her) she comes up to hit mid chest like Sideshow's does. However there are Tarkin/vader side by side scenes that put tarkin just a smidge shorter then vader and I know Peter Cushing wasn't quite that tall. They did shots like that to get both characters in the same frame. I would say get him because he is awesome!

Quite a few months ago someone posted pics of Vader in ANH showing the differences in his height from scene to scene, just as you just said. I guess what matters most is what individual collectors want. Personally, I have barely touched the figure and have no issue with the height. I've considered a helmet mod but aside from that I think he's perfect.... This is my grail.

Will sell mine when the ESB version rolls around!

I can see having all three... No need for ROTS version, though.

NOOOOOOO!

Just received my Fantacular Chat Prize, 1/6th ANH Vader exclusive courtesy of Sideshow this afternoon. I love this fig!! :chew

Congrats Nitro! You didn't own this till now? Very nice win.

Yeah I know huh! Most of my Sideshow collection is Star Wars based. I had it on preorder but had to cancel due to slow times at work (my job is contract based) after the initial preorder. I hoped my LCS would get this in...but they never did. I should've got this awhile ago. It's def. bittersweet getting this now though! :chew

Yeah I know huh! Most of my Sideshow collection is Star Wars based. I had it on preorder but had to cancel due to slow times at work (my job is contract based) after the initial preorder. I hoped my LCS would get this in...but they never did. I should've got this awhile ago. It's def. bittersweet getting this now though! :chew

Awesome, just awesome. :lol

I wouldn't be heartbroken as this guy has been collecting for about 5 minutes and doesn't know what he is gibbering about. This is an excellent figure. :peace

No kidding. Cyborg parts, really? Which ANH was he watching, the special, special edition?

I was heart broken when I saw this....SS Vader is my number fig in my Collection
https://www.youtube.com/user/johnnyr2525#p/u/20/DU4V3L8nEwI

That's Johnnyr, from this site..... He's a n00b who starts threads like "you can take the cop uniform supplied with the DX Joker and make another figure from it with a generic TT body"... that was a new thread yesterday or the day before. I think he's nice enough but the term newb was made just for him. :rolleyes:

Back