Official Sideshow 1/6 ANH Darth Vader PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm posting this again because we need some pics with nice quality ;)

bild

I just noticed something, the cathode has losen from its mounthole when this picture was taken, oh well...

I'm posting this again because we need some pics with nice quality ;)

I just noticed something, the cathode has losen from its mounthole when this picture was taken, oh well...

Can you point me to the mod for the cathode lightsaber again :p I just got my Vader and he needs his stick to glow! :banana

oh sweet.. so I just found those LED ones but this will be more "impressive" :D Did yo use the original included lightsaber and gutted that?

I'm beating myself in the head right now, I just bought a Medicom Vader off ebay, and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, the medicom vader SUCKS!!! :(

I should have checked this thread before buying that piece of cr@ppola...

This is my first and last figure I buy from medicom, they are always smaller! wtf.

Oh well...

No, you should have checked with your own opinion first rather than forming one off a SS Vader thread with one side bias. While i do agree that the SS Vader is the one to own, and is the best Vader out there, i don't feel it is leaps and bounds over the Medi Vader. Medicom Vader is a very nice figure. (do you have the medi vader in hand yet?)

But if you're that unhappy sell it and get the SS.

This is my first and last figure I buy from medicom, they are always smaller! wtf.

Oh well...

Scale schmale.

And if you'd believe it there's actually people here that complain the SS one is too tall. LOL!

No, you should have checked with your own opinion first rather than forming one off a SS Vader thread with one side bias. While i do agree that the SS Vader is the one to own, and is the best Vader out there, i don't feel it is leaps and bounds over the Medi Vader. Medicom Vader is a very nice figure. (do you have the medi vader in hand yet?)

But if you're that unhappy sell it and get the SS.

Scale schmale.

And if you'd believe it there's actually people here that complain the SS one is too tall. LOL!

Well, I did jump the gun on that post, lol. I still don't have it at hand, but after further comparison of pictures I think the only thing that SS vader has over Medi Vader is the height, BUT I still think SS Vader is too tall. So yes, you are right, gonna wait for it to come, and might do some leg extension to it.

thanks for bringing me back to earth, haha.

oh sweet.. so I just found those LED ones but this will be more "impressive" :D Did yo use the original included lightsaber and gutted that?

I bought a pair of hilts (Lit and unlit) on ebay. Sadly I didnt find a Darth Vader EP4 hilt so I ended up with a EP6 Skywalker hilt.

Just drill a hole in the hilt, remove the outer casing from the cathode (I used a small saw), use a soldering iron to remove the old wiring (Do not remove the thin wire that runs from the other end of the cathode!). Drill a hole from the side of the hilt for the wiring. Solder new thin cables onto the cathodes connectors. Solder the orginal connectors for the transformer (The blue brick) onto the other end of the new cables. Connect them to the transformer and you are ready to go!

I'm beating myself in the head right now, I just bought a Medicom Vader off ebay, and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, the medicom vader SUCKS!!! :(

Oh well...

I have both Medicom Vaders, their OT troopers and they are cool. I also have the SS Vader and the OT Troopers and they are cool too. None are 100% perfect, both SS and Medi figures have different issues though. If you think the size is a issue then don't display them together.

Medicom Vader rocks!

DSC01900.jpg

(Yes, I'm well aware I took that photo from above to make him look bigger) :D

But it still looks more like Vader than SS's:

DSCN5216.jpg

FACT!

Plus there's the fantastic head sculpt to consider:

DSCN5232.jpg

Oh well...

He doesn't suck at all. It's a very well made figure, it's just very tiny. :lol

Back