Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

Going to go see this again in a couple hrs!!! Cant wait for round 2 :D The surgery scene will probably have me feeling anxious again :lol

Why should I let you know anything. Who the ____ are you?

I was kidding, dear. Don't get biyatchy. Shouldn't you be pining for Loki?

It's an alien. They don't have to follow our rules of biology. So, it's not a flaw.

Not a flaw.... TO YOU.

That's nice, but changes no minds.

If it's intended...is it still a flaw?

Get back to me when you know more about the basics of biology. Not meaning to be snippy, just some ground-level biological know-how is needed.

I *can* ignore this flaw, but that makes it no less of a flaw.

Do you have any input on how a circulatory system that uses acid would effect a creatures biology?

Last edited:

That gif wasn't a response to your question -- it was a response to your attitude.

You ruined the Loki thread and now you're gonna do it here too.

Have at it.

Speaking of which, I can't even find the Loki thread. Was it locked/deleted? :dunno

Do you have any input on how a circulatory system that uses acid would effect a creatures biology?

Nope. Because acid for blood ACTUALLY MAKES MORE SENSE TO ME than organisms growing to thousands of times their original size with zero food [energy] input - and inside a few hours, to boot. I just usually ignore the INSTANT BIOMASS IN A CAN! thing as the price I pay for good entertainment, much as I ignore the real-world physics of people flying around in fusion-powered battle armor - because I like that concept and find it fun.

If people want to love Prometheus despite its many flaws, go ahead and love it. I have a lot of bad films I love too. I love them *while* admitting their many flaws to myself.

Speaking of which, I can't even find the Loki thread. Was it locked/deleted? :dunno

No, it's still around. I just found it.

Funny, Ramatuelle's last post in that thread seems awfully like my own that I just got chewed out for. How 'bout that, Ramatuelle? OK for you, not for others.

Nope. Because acid for blood ACTUALLY MAKES MORE SENSE TO ME than organisms growing to thousands of times their original size with zero food [energy] input - and inside a few hours, to boot. I just usually ignore the INSTANT BIOMASS IN A CAN! thing as the price I pay for good entertainment, much as I ignore the real-world physics of people flying around in fusion-powered battle armor - because I like that concept and find it fun.

If people want to love Prometheus despite its many flaws, go ahead and love it. I have a lot of bad films I love too. I love them *while* admitting their many flaws to myself.

Why does acid make more sense?

Why does acid make more sense?

Because we don't know what exactly xenomorphs are made of; they could be made of some material not even known to our science. Hence acid for blood is a far-out concept, but not entirely off the table. I have no problem with the idea that the universe is a big place, and we don't even know everything about our OWN planet much less everywheres else.

There COULD BE A planet out there hosting a race of giant, reptilian beings who might be interested in making occasional forays to Earth on very hot years, in order to hold intergalactic trophy hunts. Interesting concept.

Back