Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

Thinking David said some crazy ____ to the space jockey maybe they are here to kill you

Saw the movie yesterday. I liked it o.k. Some observations...

Why did David infect the guy?
"What are you willing to do to get your answers?"

"Anything and everything."

Or, David was just curious.

Or, Peter Weyland told him to.

Why try to touch a weird ass looking snake thing?
Stupidity.

Why did the Engineer attack them?
We don't know..but we can speculate.

We know that they were going to wipe out humanity two thousand years prior to the events that took place in Prometheus..so they obviously didn't want us alive. Imagine waking up after two thousand years to see the race you were going to destroy standing right in front of you.

We don't know what David said to the Engineer, he could have provoked him..etc.

Why run in a straight line when the horse shoe spacecraft is rolling towards you?
There was fiery debree from the Prometheus flying everywhere, natural instinct to run in the opposite direction of whatevers coming after you..etc. Plus, I doubt they thought "Okay, it will fall right here in this exact spot and this part of the ship will crush this specific area...".
Just wanted to get the hell out of there.

Why open the door to your shipmate, who you found dead, and now is doing the crabwalk from the Exorcist?
I don't think they ever found his body in the temple thing, did they? And they didn't see his actual body until they went outside....so they had no idea that his legs were bent over his shoulders. Even then, you couldn't see his face.

The black goo...it just does to many things at random. It creates, destroys, mutates, and resurrects the dead?
It seemed to just mutate whatever comes in contact with it into somthing much..stronger, larger and more aggressive. Which would make sense considering it's a bioweapon or whatever.

Map the place out first before exploring.
Don't see how this is an issue with the film, but..they had to use the "pups" to map out the structure, which means they had to enter it. There was never a point where they were ahead of the pups, and Janek or whoever, was watching the pups map out the place..there was no sign of life, so they felt it was safe to go forward.

The Alien Queen mural on the wall but was the alien popping out of the Engineer a different type?
That wasn't a Queen. we don't know if it was the exact same type of creature..but it did greatly resemble Giger's original and the Deacon (Engineer-bursted alien).

The human ship why didn't it have any weapons or missile? Wouldn't they think they might need some missile in case of enemies?
I don't think they've mentioned anything in the timeline about developing weapons that can be used in space, especially missiles. You've got to remember, the movie takes place less than 100 years from now..it's not like Star Wars.

Was that a mutated sperm-squid-adventurer?
Was that a mutated sperm? Could be, who knows... Actually, there's probably some information about it in the art book.

At the start of the movie, the Engineer drank some black goo to make humans? Wouldn't it make a bunch of alien mutant things first instead of humans?
Perhaps it's not the same kind of liquid. Or maybe it was and it just doesn't have the same effect on it's supposed creators. Who knows...

I love how the squiddy thingy in the operating room was able to grow from a fetal size to being a monstrous kraken without any sustenance upon which to grow. Unless it is so adaptable it can feed on surgical steel and cotton swabs.
The size of a Kraken? It wasn't even a quarter of that size.

And, uh, I don't remember the facehuggers ever having to eat in any of the Alien movies. Which was basically what this was. A big, squiddy facehugger. Oh, and the original Alien grew from an armless worm/snake-like creature to an 8-foot humanoid killing machine in less than a day, without eating anyone. But, Alien is a crappy movie filled with plotholes.

..then there's the key word "alien"

Who says they have to follow our exact biology?

I love how the squiddy thingy in the operating room was able to grow from a fetal size to being a monstrous kraken without any sustenance upon which to grow. Unless it is so adaptable it can feed on surgical steel and cotton swabs.

vickers had a mini bar there somewhere. :lol

did the art book say anything about what happens when giant facehugger wid teeth gestates on humans? i'm hoping its THE xenomorph, yes?

Good point it was only in Shaws stomach for ten hours and it was like she was 3 months pregnant no disrespect to you but why is everyone picking apart this movie ..did anyone go crazy cause in tdk they didn't give you a definite answer of the joker came to be .

Dude, I saw this ____ since the moment it came out. But I don't care. If they hate it, it's their loss. Not mine.

I'll go after silly things like that, but some of the questions are legit. And issues.

no disrespect to you but why is everyone picking apart this movie ..did anyone go crazy cause in tdk they didn't give you a definite answer of the joker came to be .

no disrespect taken :) I'd guess everyone is picking apart the movie partly out of frustration that it didn't meet their expectations, but mostly because it's a narrative that's full of questions. In seeking to resolve those questions, some may feel that perceived inconsistencies in the narrative and character motivations make it more difficult than it should be? I really enjoyed the movie, but just feel the writing held it back from reaching its full potential.

Where did any of the Aliens from the other films get their sustenance?

What I'm saying is that there were some things that bumped me out of my suspension of disbelief and this was one of them. Didn't bother me in the other movies, what can I say?

Now do you see the Prometheus racism?...

Hyperbole much? :lol

Exactly...

Besides...these are alien life forms, of which we know very little about. Who's to say they follow our biological rules.

And no, this is not a "cop out". To not entertain the idea is a "cop out".

Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

Apples and oranges. Comparing the history of technology and asking for Prometheus to be more authentic are not even the same thing.

No, it won't be obsolete in a year. You could use it for five more years it would be just fine. The only way it would be obsolete is if you made it so by wanting to have the next iPhone. Or if carrier service didn't exist, which is doubtful.

Wow. I am surprised you responded at all and when you did you elected the most pathetic cop-out I can imagine: "Apples and oranges".

It is telling that you only present an actual argument in response to a meaningless quip about the iPhone rather than the point about how fast technology has advanced historically (and thus is likely to in the future).

And you're point of view is the only one that matters. :slap

That is a meaningless accusation with nothing to back it up. That is more or less what I would expect from your earlier attack on tinister.

Exactly...

Besides...these are alien life forms, of which we know very little about. Who's to say they follow our biological rules.

And no, this is not a "cop out". To not entertain the idea is a "cop out".

It was a throwaway line mostly, but... it's not so much a question of biology but physics, and, more specifically, energy. Growth is a function of the input of energy, and that has to come from somewhere. Whatever kind of creature you're dealing with. Like I said, roughly the same idea was presented in Alien/Aliens, but where it didn't bother me then, in this context it was one those things that stood out as a bit too silly and convenient.

It was a throwaway line mostly, but... it's not so much a question of biology but physics, and, more specifically, energy. Growth is a function of the input of energy, and that has to come from somewhere. Whatever kind of creature you're dealing with.
It's an alien. It does things that we can't understand. Because it's an Alien. Not from here. Not somthing we're used to. Somthing that couldn't be possible on our planet. An alien.

A.L.I.E.N.

To find the answer to this question we must first learn... THE SECRET OF THE OOZE!

:horror

In the script for the Alien, the chestburster raided the kitchen since it was locked in there. Regardless if that occurred in the film or not is unclear... but it didn't really bother me, as it didn't in Prometheus.

It was a throwaway line mostly, but... it's not so much a question of biology but physics, and, more specifically, energy. Growth is a function of the input of energy, and that has to come from somewhere. Whatever kind of creature you're dealing with. Like I said, roughly the same idea was presented in Alien/Aliens, but where it didn't bother me then, in this context it was one those things that stood out as a bit too silly and convenient.

Well that's my point. We have no clue how they gain sustenance or consume energy, or use energy for that matter.

I mean, this is a silicon based organism that has acid for blood (assuming this based on the fact that the hammerpedes had acid blood)...Ya know?

Acid for blood...That's a good point. Forgot about that. I guess Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, and Alien versus Predator are now garbage. :(

Back