Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Alien Prequel/Prometheus Discussion Thread

Erm,

Prometheus designs > almost every other alien-related design after 79

They were all done practically, which was really refreshing. :D

That was a bonus. I actually liked the Hammerpedes regardless of the silly human reaction, but I just don't like that starfish thing. Didn't seem like a practical natural design (outside of water), nor did it look like it could lift it's own weight on those flailing tentacles.

Re: Prometheus - Spoiler thread!

That's all well and good, but the same reasoning can be applied to the biomass debate. I'm asking why acid blood makes more sense over that.

I've already give you my opinion as to why, a few posts back.

Someone else: Alien is one of the greatest films of all time, and is not a bad movie because the Alien doesn't need to eat.

The original "Alien" is a foundation classic of the sci-fi/horror genre, and I never once called it a bad movie. Ditto for "Aliens" and "Alien 3." "Ressurrection" can die in a fire, however.

Erm,

Prometheus designs > almost every other alien-related design after 79

I ran out of ellipses............

Prometheus is a beautifully-shot film. The creatures are nothing special, really. They're not bad, just not that remarkable. The Engineer is the best-designed of the bunch.

No, I still like the Queen better than anything in Prometheus. Dog Alien might have been better too.

But I do like Prometheus as a movie better than Alien 3 or 4.
I said almost. Nothing in Prometheus was better than the Doggy for me.

Not quite sure if I like the Deacon over the Queen yet..probably not.

Favorite creature design (besides the Engineers) was probably the Hammerpede, though.

I ran out of ellipses............

Prometheus is a beautifully-shot film. The creatures are nothing special, really. They're not bad, just not that remarkable. The Engineer is the best-designed of the bunch.

I agree with this. But I would actually say I didn't really like the pasty white look of the Engineer. But I myself would have liked to have never seen its face in the first place, only see it with it's full gear on. Seeing what was under the suit sort of killed the mystic of the first alien film in the space ship for me.

But it's a crappy, uncomfortable ride getting there. You're not making this any better for yourself. :lol

No, actually that makes sense.

It may be a bumpy road, but it still goes from place to place, and doesn't break down. In my opinion. :D

Also not taken seriously: "witty" .gifs, and personal insults. The ability to debate without losing your temper is a great thing and very useful in real life. I challenge you to... well, rise to the challenge of a constructive debate.

Stop trolling this thread then. It looks like you're starting to piss afew people off in here.

More concept art: https://www.krop.com/ivanmanzella/

Some very nightmarish designs. Ahh... what could have been. :monkey2

Yeesh, looks like something from a Tool video.

ivanmanzella-4fd5f9ee10fa4ff.jpg

I'm really curious as to what we'll see on the Engineer homeworld -- if we're going there at all. I've always hoped some of Giger's architectural designs would make it there, since they fit in with the bone ship quite well:

giger-egg-silo.jpg

giger-dune-ii-small.jpg

0.jpg

Stop trolling this thread then. It looks like you're starting to piss afew people off in here.

So, if you disagree with me that automatically becomes "trolling"?

Whut.

1. People need to stop taking "This film has a lot of plot-holes/problems etc" as equivalent to insults about their mother.

2. Respect is earned. People can earn mine by not resorting to non-answers such as .gifs, personal insults or "I'm wrong because I say you are wrong."

3. This is a public thread in a public forum. As such, it invites public comment - not all of which will be in alignment with one's own personal views. Accepting that goes far toward civilised discourse. For instance you do not agree with me, but I did not start playing the Troll card.

I agree with this. But I would actually say I didn't really like the pasty white look of the Engineer. But I myself would have liked to have never seen its face in the first place, only see it with it's full gear on. Seeing what was under the suit sort of killed the mystic of the first alien film in the space ship for me.

I think that the Space Jockey changed concepts between Alien and Prometheus.

Why would any creature, including humans btw, have on a space suit when at home in their own ship, with an atmosphere that agrees with them etc etc?

The Space Jockey was on his own ship, with others of his own kind. I think that was not a suit he had on, but was what he actually looked like. That wasnt a helmet, that was his actual head.

Then we fast-forward to now, and Scott decided to go all von Daniken on us. This is not an invalid strategy, far from it.... but ended up diminishing the majesty of this mysterious life-form. Scott decided he wanted us to face our mirror-image.

It would have been cooler to have been presented with a being that was truly Other.

I liked the Engineer and want to know more about his people. But he's less awesome and scary than he could have been, and in a way that makes me sad.

Back