Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ridley Scott's A L I E N Prequel 3D

Jim Cameron should then come back and do a prequel to the prequel. It would be in 3D, obviously.

Re: Official 3D ALIEN Prequel Discussion Thread

We need more info about this proyect.

I'm split, the mystery makes ALIEN interesting and creepy, but another part of me would love an explanation as to how there seemed to be a lone life form running that ship, a load of eggs stored inside, how the company even knew what was on that craft to make it worthwhile exploring. I have a feeling that this movie will answer such questions, maybe not the central story, but at some point, that's the only real reason I can see for going backwards with the story.

My thought exactly. Would be cool to learn more about the company. And definitely more about the space jockey. Just don't put a ton of human characters in it...

New information.

Interesting that it'll take place 30 years before, wonder what the story will be about and how the 30 year lapse for Weyland to move on acquiring the Alien will be explained, hopefully they explain how Weyland is even aware of the species.

Hmmm, honestly, with Ridley on board I'm keeping my hopes up. I agree that 3D is just lame, but I can live with it. I'm actually really curious to see how it comes out, definately looking forward to it.

I'm just glad it's Ridley Scott going back to do this one.

no... Cameron should go back and do a prequel to Terminator... which would be the future movie... which would also be a sequel... which would be in 3D ! :D

I'm just glad it's Ridley Scott going back to do this one.

no... Cameron should go back and do a prequel to Terminator... which would be the future movie... which would also be a sequel... which would be in 3D ! :D

"I remixed a remix, and it went back to normal."

~~Glad we'll get a prequel, but I still have some reservations. Curious to see how they'll use the 3D....sounds like it'll be awesome.

Yes, very happy that Ridley is on this one. He has a lot of power, so hopefully he won't succumb to the lousy Fox execs too much. I am also happy that Ripley isn't in it. She is great, but has no business being in an Alien prequel. I'm sure at least one exec was trying to figure out a way to bring her back...

I'm also glad Ridley's back. I'm curious to see how he would approach the subject in this stage of his life and career and how it compares with the original when he was much younger.

My thought exactly. Would be cool to learn more about the company. And definitely more about the space jockey. Just don't put a ton of human characters in it...

Quantity of humans isn't my concern, just so long as the ones we spend most of the screen time with are interesting. A:R was a small group of people and most of them very throw away personalities. Even A3, some interesting people but the only one I cared about surviving besides Ripley was the doctor, Clemens and he was one of the first to bite it.

It's been the downhill flaw with the Alien and Predator films since the 2nd film in each series, the characters have become more and more expendable, what good is a movie with lots of screen time for people who you're almost rooting to die.

You mean you didn't think the pizza delivery kid was a worthy character in AvP:R??? :lol

I totally agree - humans shouldn't be in the movie JUST so that they can die. Does the studio think that's all we care about???

Agreed Sean, the doctor was the most appealing character in Alien 3 outside of Ripley. In Resurrection though, I enjoyed a lot of the characters (but didn't give a hoot about Winona Ryder or the chick with the hot ass... except for her hot ass)

Well the pizza kid was bad, but just in general, I don't know what it is, but there's something missing in the humans from the later sequels. I mean, I didn't really get into any of the crew in Alien like really wanting figures other than Ripley, but, I also wasn't rooting for them to die and wishing they got off the screen, they were interesting enough to join them in their fight for survival. Same with Aliens and Predator, and somewhat Predator 2, there were characters you wanted to get out alive, you were drawn into the story and fight for survivaly, but by A3 on, the movies were more favorable to the creatures than the people, which would be fine except that the human story is the majority of the movie.

The problem is the studios take fan feedback too literal sometimes. Fans say we want more of Aliens and Predators fighting each other, or more screen time for the Transformers, and they do that, and in doing that they don't give the human side much effort.

Agreed Sean, the doctor was the most appealing character in Alien 3 outside of Ripley. In Resurrection though, I enjoyed a lot of the characters (but didn't give a hoot about Winona Ryder or the chick with the hot ass... except for her hot ass)

Well, Resurrection is basically Firefly. Even Joss has admitted as much. And if you view the movie with that perspective you really do see how off the director was from the script. Jenuet is a fantastic director on his own, but he really massacred Joss's script.

Remember him saying this?:

Uh...you know, it wasn’t a question of doing everything differently, although they changed the ending, it was mostly a matter of doing everything wrong. They said the lines...mostly...but they said them all wrong. And they cast it wrong. And they designed it wrong. And they scored it wrong. They did everything wrong that they could possibly do. There’s actually a fascinating lesson in filmmaking, because everything that they did reflects back to the script or looks like something from the script, and people assume that, if I hated it, then they’d changed the script...but it wasn’t so much that they’d changed the script; it’s that they just executed it in such a ghastly fashion as to render it almost unwatchable. (Pauses) Good times. (Pauses again) Well, I really must go...

Before I ever watched Buffy or Firefly I had read this blurb and thought he was an arrogant baby blaming others for how the movie turned out. But now understanding his sense of humor, I can totally see how fantastic Resurrection could have been if Joss had directed it himself.

And I have faith Ridley will do the series justice.

God, I'm SO ___ing sick of 3D.

It's the lamest thing movie makers have ever come up with.

I dont see how. You always ALWAYS have the option to see it in 2D...so I fail to see the problem.

Also, i'd say its confirmed due to the fact that Scott and Cameron are friends, and Scott came to visit the Avatar set, and Cameron said something like "Stop ____ing around in the wine country and do a Sci Fi movie"...

Plus I think he's stated a few times he wanted to do a movie in Cameron's 3D.

I agree that hearing the term 3D, before Avatar, was cause for concern, more often than not, it's been gimmick more than a useful tool, but Cameron's uses of it on Avatar seemed more like next-gen CGI than what you typically think of for 3D movies. However, it would be nice if such films were kept close to the 2 hour run time or less even, I found that after watching Avatar with those glasses on for so long, my head was a little off for hours afterward and I think the prolonged change of vision was the cause. I've seen short 3D films before without problem.

Interesting... maybe I didn't hate Resurrection because I saw some of Whedon in the movie... I agree that the movie would have been totally different if he had directed it. I still enjoyed the visual style though - maybe because it was so weird and reminded me of the awesomeness of City of Lost Children.

I don't want this movie to happen. :(
No Faith.

I just hope it makes sense. As in the tech looks older than in Alien, unless the ship in the first was thirty years old or older and had never had a refit. Then the tech should look to be from the same era.
I hate it when a prequel is made years after the original and the tech looks like it is more advanced than the original.

Safe to say an Alien lunging out in 3D will scare the s__t out of me :lol

Back