Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien Reboot!!!

I know a lot of people, myself included. want a prequel movie with either the Space Jockey or the Hive Planet something-or-other.

And old school Aliens looking too, not one of these AvP bull^^^^ looking movie!!!!

I think some type of prequel would be awesome!

Re: Alien remake/reboot is GO

Yeah, I liked Delicatessen and The City of Lost Children, but it has to be said about A:R, other than some beautiful visuals (and it was a good looking movie) the style was way, way over the substance. Bit of a missed opportunity!
I liked the hybrid design as well, not a classic but far creepier than Camerons and the AvP:R Aliens (IMHO).

i can only guess this is your idea of a point. but to be honest, i'd take you a little more seriously if i thought this was an informed opinion.
try to look past your bias and actually watch some of Jeunet's other movies.

Hes apparently done some awesome movies but alien ressurection wasn't one of them. I think most alien fans who aren't familiar with his other movies and only know his name through this probably see him as an average if not crappy director.

Wook !. Good to see your a newborn fan. :rock
Theres not many of us , we have to stick together. :rock:lol

What would you guys say Jeunets best movie is ?. I'm interested to see some of his other work.

What would you guys say Jeunets best movie is ?. I'm interested to see some of his other work.
La cité des enfants perdus aka The City of Lost Children
Delicatessen aka Delicatessen :monkey5
Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain aka Amelie
Un long dimanche de fiançailles aka A Very Long Engagement (i dont think you gonna like that :lol)

I bet there all awesome but I can't pronounce any of them. :lol
I'll have to try and check some out. Thanks. :rock

Yeah, what Nosferatu said. Amelie is the most accessible, Delicattesen is a work of genius, very engaging and it just looks beautiful, The City of Lost Children looks amazing and is entertaining but tends to meandre a bit (+ Gaultier did the costuming, used to love Gaultier when I could afford it!). I still haven't seen A Very Long Engagement, I keep seeing it on DVD cheap and 'nearly' getting it, happened last Friday at a local junk market but I picked up Hitchhikers Guide instead... big mistake, I'll never get that hour and a half back again (It was good to see the original 'Marvin' make a cameo though).

Yeah, what Nosferatu said. Amelie is the most accessible.

Oh , you've got to be kidding me !. :horror:lol
I watched this one night when I was knackered and it was on film four. I never bothered to get up and check what it was since I had lost the remote and the only way I would have been able to check was press the box itself. :lol

I really liked this flick. Very unique. I never would have thought of the director of alien:r being connected. Cool. I'm going to buy it now and check out some of his others. :rock
Thanks guys. :rock

Alien Res, is great looking. I dig it for that.

And as for Hitchhikers. I am still the only person who finds that movie LOL worthy.

Alien Res, is great looking. I dig it for that.

And as for Hitchhikers. I am still the only person who finds that movie LOL worthy.

I did actually laugh in a couple of places, but it all just felt a bit flat!

In a way, what makes ALIEN such a phenomenon is the mystery behind the story. No one really knows where these things came from. Unless, of course you watch AVP and buy into that BS timeline of pyramids and Aliens and believe that the Preds somehow developed them to hunt.:duh I would like to see the story behind the Space Jockey, as long as it was done well. Please, no more "B" movies! After Aliens, the story just sucked!

Awesome news on Ridley. Let's hope it's for real this time.

And Delicatessen and City of Lost Children are awesome!

Thinking about it there are plenty of ways that a previous manned ship could have encountered the derelict, it's just a matter of everyone dying... or a survivor getting lost in space... space is pretty big after all.

And with cryogenics we could have a re-booted hero survivor!

holy bajeesus. this is great, great news. It'd be a dream if they brought in Giger for some conceptual work.

Back