Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien remake/reboot is GO

If Giger came on board for conceptual work and design that would induce a geek gasm in me that would be felt across the universe. Since Ridley is on board, I don't see why it wouldn't be at least a possibility and Giger would probably be thrilled to work with the OG again. Whatever plot they go for, I'm open to it. I really don't want to see the Alien home planet but we might get some interesting stuff with the space jockeys, Ridley always said that was something he was interested in exploring.

Now, let's just hope Ridley either doesn't use ADI for the creatures, or cracks the whip on them and gets them to make a suit replicating the Giger designs.

If Giger came on board for conceptual work and design that would induce a geek gasm in me that would be felt across the universe.

Eeeewww! :monkey4 Just point it the other way, huh?

Now, let's just hope Ridley either doesn't use ADI for the creatures, or cracks the whip on them and gets them to make a suit replicating the Giger designs.

ADI is often the victim of the crappy director's vision, but Ridley wrote the book on Alien, so hopefully, we'll see greatness.

ADI are good guys and come up with some great creatures, like Tremors' Graboid, but everytime I see a behind the scenes interview with them about the Aliens, they seem to have no respect or understanding for Giger's original design.

They're nice guys I'm sure, talented creature makers, but they just don't understand the Xenomorph and what was great about Giger's design.

This is the best news I have heard all freaking year!!!! This is AWESOME!!!

I have no worries now with Ridley being in charge!!

You know what this means guys.......MORE ALIEN COLLECTIBLES!!!!

Awesome news! Other then Cameron, I can't think of anyone the Alien franchise needs more to put it on the right track then Ridley.
As for the actual alien, Ridley did say he wanted to do a movie with another alien which hinted at the Space Jockey. So most of Giger's design work is established and they'll have to either go back to him for design work or hire some guys to simulate it which won't be easy.
Of coarse this could be a completely different bunch of aliens altogether.

Should be interesting either way!

He may have to...depending on budget contraints.

Somehow I doubt that Scott would've signed up with budget constraints. I mean, this is the guy who did Gladiator, Black Hawk Down and Kingdom of Heaven, all of them big budget movies.
And een with a small budget, like in Alien, he still got his vision across.

Back