Official repainted Anakin image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, that Luke no longer has the Keanu Reaves "whoa" look on his face after the repaint. More great work! :monkey5

melvinpelayo said:
Now i want to see this guy who repainted Luke repaint Anakin!

Les' work is far more intricate in that it involved resculpting/reshaping the jawline, not just painting over it, but reimagining Anakin from the original sculpt and repainting it to come out as it did. No comparison IMO.

But don't get me wrong that Luke repaint is excellent.

all these are brilliant pieces, so impressed was i that i redid my Ani's eyes for a similar look.....
cf24da74.jpg

That Luke is totally freakin' awesome!!!!I wish our stuff came direct from SS looking like that!

kingdarkness03 said:
That Luke is totally freakin' awesome!!!!I wish our stuff came direct from SS looking like that!
Wish in one hand **** out money in the other. :monkey3

hurricane, eyes looks awesome now................I don't know why, but I like the hair????

TV

Yeah I hope Sideshow have taken note of this too, as custom re-sculpting and re-painting heads just shows that a lot of ppl are not completely happy with the SW actor/character to figure likenesses "out of the box".

We are paying a fair bit for these figures and holding patience enough for them to be made "right" and with that in mind they should be near damn perfect in paint details, as with everything else - according to which character they are meant to represent.

..then some of us consider paying for someone else's services to have paint apps or head sculpts modified when we aren't satisfied with the original product. Why should we need to have a thrid party to finish the job for SS?

The sculpts have been good but it looks like they are being let down by bad paint choices. From that POV it makes me think that the manufacturing process (atleast in character face detail/likeness) does not involve a lot of Quality Control over in China.

I thought SS was on the right track with Luke and it would just get better from there.

I'd like us customers to be able to return our Anakin heads to SS and have them reworked to Les Walker Standards; which should be considered as a customer's satisfaction guarantee or your money back.

Oh well, it looks like we'll be seeing more repaints of future releases with obi-wan, han etc.

C'mon Sideshow, we know you can do better :)

Fantastic work by Les BTW - flawless.

People also paid a lot of money for customizers to "fix" their Hasbro SW figures. Of course that meant resculpting heads, re-tailoring costumes, transfering to other bodies...

I think the Anakins look great for the most part, but honestly, I'm not a fan of the Luke repaint. It looks a little much to me; frankly I have yet to find a single flaw in SSC's own paint job--and frankly I love the expression. It really does capture Hamill's persona in my eyes. It's a great repaint what that guy did--it just seems a bit unnecessary considering the great one we already have.

HOWEVER, I would LOVE to get my Ani repainted by one of these guys!!!

Captain Aldeggon said:
I think the Anakins look great for the most part, but honestly, I'm not a fan of the Luke repaint. It looks a little much to me; frankly I have yet to find a single flaw in SSC's own paint job--and frankly I love the expression. It really does capture Hamill's persona in my eyes. It's a great repaint what that guy did--it just seems a bit unnecessary considering the great one we already have.

HOWEVER, I would LOVE to get my Ani repainted by one of these guys!!!

Agreed, most everyone loved their Lukes and repainting it was unnecessary IMO. The Andy Bergholtz Anakin sculpt was extraordinary and not done justice with the SSC paint apps as everyone can now see.

Btw, isn't this the Anakin repaint image thread Melvin?

found the site but no mention of the shaving technique. I'm a bit wary of cutting some plastic away from the face, he may end up looking like he's just been dropped in some hot lava!

theverse said:
hurricane, eyes looks awesome now................I don't know why, but I like the hair????

TV
, thanx , after seeing the others i just HAD to alter the eyes, as for the hair i just added milliput here and there and created a new fringe a bit more messy ,drooped down, and YES LES REDO LUKE!!!(maybe youll get theat saber hilt youd like)

greyrabbit said:
We are paying a fair bit for these figures and holding patience enough for them to be made "right" and with that in mind they should be near damn perfect in paint details, as with everything else - according to which character they are meant to represent.

You think $50 is a "fair bit" for these figures? No offense, but you might want to PM someone to ask what they paid for these repaints. I'm actually suprised the paint apps look as good as they do considering the SS 12" figures are so cheap. Most of these master customizers charge an arm and a leg for this type of work.

My $1,000 Predator didn't even have a perfect paint job (it's an AMAZING piece, though), and it's laughable to want that type of quality from $50 action figures.

I have only repainted the lips so far but seeing Les's work makes me want to do a full repaint. I wasn't sure about doing it because if I do it for anakin, I'll end up repainting EVERY STAR WARS FIGURE I GET, which will be a sizeable number. But, what the hell..

Here's a pic of my simple lip repaint, which I've posted before.
As to listing rates, I can do the lip repaint for $15, or full head for $40.

Lip Repaint
anakin37vf.jpg

elwood49 said:
You think $50 is a "fair bit" for these figures? No offense, but you might want to PM someone to ask what they paid for these repaints. I'm actually suprised the paint apps look as good as they do considering the SS 12" figures are so cheap. Most of these master customizers charge an arm and a leg for this type of work.

My $1,000 Predator didn't even have a perfect paint job (it's an AMAZING piece, though), and it's laughable to want that type of quality from $50 action figures.

i agree for $50-60 these are AWESOME figures. they are 12" figures... if you want something better jump up to the PF. im not gonna repaint any of my SS figures no matter how bad the paint might be. if anyone here doesnt like their anakin you can box him up and send him to the needy (i'll PM you my address:D )

Back