Official repainted Anakin image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow there are certainly some great pics here showing some great work. I finally got up the courage to attempt my own Anakin lip re-paint. I am not sure if I am really happy with it or done yet, but I figure I'll let it sit this way for a few days before I try anything else.

Big thanks to CustomMikey and Dark Artist for pointing me in the right direction several pages back on how to get started. THANKS GUYS!!!

So without further adieau....

anakin2.jpg

Not thrilled with the extremely unflattering lighting in this pic, but it shows the lip color I ended up with better than the first photo. I think the lips may need to be a little more pink. Might have to get some more paint.

anakin1.jpg

Please feel free to comment critique etc. Thanks again to all the artists here kind enough to share their wealth of wisdom. :cool:

Yeah...more pink definitely. You seem to know what needs to be fixed already, so I say go for it!!

Still, you may want to wait for one of the veteran customizers/artists to give advice. :eek:

Awesome job Rage, especially for a first time! You've got the color almost perfect. If you feel brave you can mix together a lighter shade and blend the edges. It helps a ton and makes the transition a little less harsh. Also, if you have a steady hand you can mix a dark wash and paint a very thin line across the lips to seperate them a bit better. It works for me anyway... :cool:

I'm super impressed though, excellent first effort! :chew

Repainted mine for a while now, just thought I'd share :lol
I finally got the paint to my likings... lol
Picture286.jpg

Picture288.jpg

Picture291.jpg

Picture292.jpg

Picture295.jpg

Picture300.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm new here....actually this is my first post....and knowing this whole ani lip thingy is getting old,but here's my work...it's actually my first time doin a face repaint...well, second...cos the one with luke in the background was my first :eek: and,technically its still work in progress, need your comments,y'all!
the pix i took with luke, i really liked it at first then i realised it didn't quite look right so i stripped everything,started from scratch,blue-d the eyes a lil' more,highlighted the hair, and i'm still thinkin wot else to do...

thanks!

oh yeah, just for kicks i thought i'd put up pics of my hasbro palpy....it was going for less than 20 bucks here in singapore so i thought i'd snag it...the sculpt grew on my and i was contemplating buying it or leaving it, plus i just wanted to try my hand at painting at that scale....so there you have it...more sithy,and not grinning like an idiot...well,technically...hahah!!
i apologise for the bad photography here and in my first thread...not a camera person LOL!

clarenced said:
oh yeah, just for kicks i thought i'd put up pics of my hasbro palpy....it was going for less than 20 bucks here in singapore so i thought i'd snag it...the sculpt grew on my and i was contemplating buying it or leaving it, plus i just wanted to try my hand at painting at that scale....so there you have it...more sithy,and not grinning like an idiot...well,technically...hahah!!
i apologise for the bad photography here and in my first thread...not a camera person LOL!

Great work! My Sidious smiles at yours. Nice to see someone esle recognizes the greatness of this Hasbro sculpt. Thankyou, nameless corporate sculptor!!!

palptwo17mt.jpg

EVILFACE said:
Some of these repaints make me like SS's version that much more.

Not me. Almost every repaint I've seen looks better than the horrible paint job Anakin came with from Sideshow.

Back