Official repainted Anakin image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both are great.................Dave, I really like the images you posted, esp. his eyes(that piercing gaze is great).
hurricane, yours is nice as well, though maybe lose the dark around the eyes(merely my opinion of course). Saber illumination is fantastic, one of best I've seen, great job!

TV

leswalkersani.jpg

This picture was first posted by Amanaman on RS. It is a repaint by figure master Les Walker.

I can't express how dead on this repaint is. Its Hayden.

OMG, Wor-Gar! Great find......nothing's wrong with the head sculpt......everything's got to do with the painting......Finally I see Hayden!:monkey5

Les Walker is perhaps the best there is at this. I recommended him to Old Gruff Bear who should be posting his Les Anakin soon and I'm sure will tell us his story on it... Unfortunately Les is not doing any more repaints at this time for a variety of reasons.

As you can see by my proudly displayed Avatar I'm a huge Les fan and was fortunate enough to secure a rare Les Walker Christopher Reeve last year...

That paint is awesome for sure.... I wish he was doing repaints. Customikey is just as good IMHO.. So maybe I'll still send mine to him to do :D

Wor-Gar said:
leswalkersani.jpg

This picture was first posted by Amanaman on RS. It is a repaint by figure master Les Walker.

WOW! WOW! WOW! That is the most stunning Anakin likness I've ever seen on any figure. The person that did that repaint is truly a MASTER! :monkey5

WOW.....Tha makes me want to totally repaint Anakin now... I just did the lips and was too freaked out to do the rest. He really knocked it out of the park!

Maybe when I hone my skills a little more I'll give it a shot.... but man... I don't know if I will top that. Mikey's was close too...

:monkey5

Wor-Gar said:
leswalkersani.jpg

WOW!!! that photo inspires me and pisses me off all at the same time. it's great to see the figure look that great with the re-paint, and it's a damn shame that it had to be repainted.:monkey5 :monkey2

Why did Sideshow choose not to paint him like this? It doesn't take any extra skill. Only choice in how he is painted. Sideshow reps, are you looking at this?

captain sack said:
WOW!!! that photo inspires me and pisses me off all at the same time. it's great to see the figure look that great with the re-paint, and it's a damn shame that it had to be repainted.:monkey5 :monkey2

I know what you mean. This just shows that the paint application was lacking to begin with and it will be interesting to see what all the people I've argued with about it over at RS say when they see this pic. They certainly can't still say the figure is a spot-on likeness because this repaint IS Hayden Christensen and Sideshow's is far from it.

If that's from Les I suspect it IS mine, which is in the mail to me now. You'll notice the chin has been shaved a bit, too. He's also done my Lincoln, and I gave him a similar note for both: sampaku eyes (Japanese for "three blank spaces" -- also called floating irises, white below as well as on either side of the iris). Hayden Christiansen has the sampaku look more often than not. I also asked Les to shave the jawline -- there was a sample on his website of a Hasbro Dooku > Hammer Dracula conversion that involved shaving an entire beard, so I knew he could do it. There's a childlike quality to HC's face due to his eyes being his most prominent feature. I thought Andy had captured the mid-face, but the big jaw became the most prominent feature, especially as the production paint made the eyes seem smaller.

This took a leap of faith because I'd never used Les and my Anakin's production paint job was very good. It had none of the flaws others have mentioned.

No regrets, though -- here's a photo Les sent me. He says the lighting throws the color off, and his macro lens distorts, and it's better in person. I can't wait.

Ani00001.jpg

And here's what he did to my 1:6 Sideshow Dracula:

Bela1.jpg

He knows about this board and wants to join us. I'm trying to help him work out some computer security issues at his end -- like, so much security he can't log on here, although he's a registered member. We'll get him here one day soon.

Last edited:
Gruff Old Bear said:
If that's from Les I suspect it IS mine, which is in the mail to me now. You'll notice the chin has been shaved a bit, too. He's also done my Lincoln, and I gave him a similar note for both: sampaku eyes (Japanese for "three blank spaces" -- also called floating irises, white below as well as on either side of the iris). Hayden Christiansen has the sampaku look more often than not. I also asked Les to shave the jawline -- there was a sample on his website of a Hasbro Dooku > Hammer Dracula conversion that involved shaving an entire beard, so I knew he could do it. There's a childlike quality to HC's face due to his eyes being his most prominent feature. I thought Andy had captured the mid-face, but the big jaw became the most prominent feature, especially as the production paint made the eyes seem smaller.

This took a leap of faith because I'd never used Les and my Anakin's production paint job was very good. It had none of the flaws others have mentioned.

No regrets, though --

He knows about this board and wants to join us. I'm trying to help him work out some computer security issues at his end -- like, so much security he can't log on here, although he's a registered member. We'll get him here one day soon.

Glad it worked out so well for you Gruff, and glad to have been of help to a fellow member.

Gruff Old Bear said:
And thank YOU for steering me to Les -- I still want that Reeve figure!

Ha! Betcha do! Les sculpted it as well. what a talent.

And I am still IN SHOCK at your Les Ani repaint, totally stunned at how amazing it is. Now i'm jealous! I want one too!

Back