Official PREDATOR thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chopper predator came today. I love the skulls he comes with very awsome. I now have to track down scar and get some more Aliens. Then I'll be happy I'll have no room to move or display anything but I'll be happy.

Serpentor said:
My chopper predator came today. I love the skulls he comes with very awsome. I now have to track down scar and get some more Aliens. Then I'll be happy I'll have no room to move or display anything but I'll be happy.

Chopper is a great figure! I got mine assembled about two weeks ago and the figure is just awesome.

Does anyone have any group shots of Chopper? He's the one figure I passed on -- I'm not a fan of the helmet but the skulls look fantastic.

I think its the exact same thing as the Sideshow one. Either way I had cancelled my Sideshow oreder due to high shipping charges to Canada orded one here since they are based in Canada and the shipping is alot cheaper.

Looks like a different helmet sculpt on the fashback elder.

Thanks KitFitso!

Isn't Chopper's helmet supposed to be the same color as the other two?

hmm seems they do have diffrent helmets. Oh well I just need one since aside from the helmet they both seem to include all the same stuff.

Serpentor said:
hmm seems they do have diffrent helmets. Oh well I just need one since aside from the helmet they both seem to include all the same stuff.

Yeah, they do indeed have very different helmets. The Sideshow version has symetrical groves on the crown of the helmet, the Asia version is smooth and the mask also has etchings on the sides of the face similar to Celtic Pred. It was hard to notice this at first but there are definitely two distinctive versions of the helmet. This should insinuate completists and variant collectors out there. So the question is, if you are only going to buy one of them, which one is the better of the two? I know you Canadian guys are going with the Asia version to save on shipping fees but preference wise which one looks better of the two? Should I cancel my Sideshow exclusive and go with the Asia exclusive?

Interesting question. I think the Sideshow exclusive looks more unique then the Asian version. Cltic, Elder and Scar all have the smooth helmet at the top the Ancient Elder's helmet looks more distinct. If it wasnt for me saving roughly 40 or bucks or more I'd get the Sideshow version really.

Looks like the Aisan one's side detailing is very close if not identical to the Elder's helmet's side detailing. If it didn't lack the troupies and the the etching circling the top bit I'd assume it was a 'younger' version of the helmet -- albeit a different color.

Both helmets are fantastic. I'd really like to get both, but, and it breaks my heart, I'll probably have to sit this one out. :monkey2

And here's Sideshows...

I'd love to get both as I'd love to get both exclusive Aliens. Januray is going to be an expensive month thanks to Hot Toys a Predator, an Alien and Clark. no way I can afford the extra Pred and Alein. Looks like some of the other SS SW Figures will have to wait.

gdb said:
Looks like the Aisan one's side detailing is very close if not identical to the Elder's helmet's side detailing. If it didn't lack the troupies and the the etching circling the top bit I'd assume it was a 'younger' version of the helmet -- albeit a different color.

Both helmets are fantastic. I'd really like to get both, but, and it breaks my heart, I'll probably have to sit this one out. :monkey2

And here's Sideshows...

Well I was gonna say that the Asia exclusive is the screen accurate one but then I stumbled across the OTHER Elder so they are BOTH seen in the film. The Sideshow version is actually seen first followed by the Asia version which is the one who stands atop the pyramid holding the staff with the Alien trophy. So if you want to have them all, you have to get both. :monkey2

Here is the Sideshow version:

predator3.jpg

And here is the Asia exclusive:

predator.jpg

predator2.jpg

Great screen caps there, Dekadantdave! I don't have the DVD and I haven't been able to find many useful stills on-line so I really appreicate the captures.

Serpentor, Hot Toys' is eating up a lot of my collectibles budget, too. They are sooo worth it but, man, they are just relentless with turning out the must have quality figures. Kinda wish they'd release some turkeys for awhile so I could catch my breath.

And you can bet that they will be doing invisio stealth versions and semi-transforming versions of them as well.

gdb said:
Serpentor, Hot Toys' is eating up a lot of my collectibles budget, too. They are sooo worth it but, man, they are just relentless with turning out the must have quality figures. Kinda wish they'd release some turkeys for awhile so I could catch my breath.

No lie!
I have JUST NOW received my first ever HT Predator, thanks to Bannister, it's the Celtic, and I am completely overwhelmed! I had no idea! I mean, I thought all the photos I've seen of any of them were cool and all, and that the stuff was probably nifty-neato-keen and all that, but I had no idea that they would KICK TOTAL A$$!

WOW!

Not much else to say actually. No wonder you guys have been raving all this time!
To you guys getting all of these, rock on!
They all are cool to me now!
Hot Toys has yet to release a toy that isn't unbelievable, so yeah GDB, they need to mess up for a while! Give a collector a break why don't ya!

Nah! Come on out with Predators 1 & 2 now! PRONTO!

Thanks again Bann! You rule bro! Totally! :chew

Oh, and with the arrival of my HT Alien tomorrow, the battle in my sig below is one step closer to total toy realization!

Congrats Les. I was stunned when I got my Scar Pred in. I had no idea the level of craftsmanship that went into these figures. Pictures do them NO NO NO justice!!!

I hope to pick up either a Celtic or a Chopper too.

My wife got me the HT Alien, he should be here today, but I cant open him til Christmas.:monkey4

Damn varients lol. They all look very cool. I want to get them all. Since shipping from SSC was a concern, does anyone know how expensive the shipping to Canada will be on these?

Looking at your guy's pictures really making me want to get some Predator figs now. They just look cool.

Back