Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's kind of tricky thinking of ideas for a Terminator accessory pack as it's a bit different from the Aliens line which has tons of things to include from creatures to weapons and the like - whereas options are a bit limited for the Terminator line if we're restricted to just the first two movies (not including the Resistance fighters we'll never get and their weapons). Off the top of my head:

-Endoskeleton arm (could be a hint for JC but I dunno)
-Plasma rifle
-Crushed Endo head
-Gas mask used in Cyberdyne building
-MM1 grenade launcher (used by SWAT during the Cyberdyne siege)

What else could they throw in there?

At some point I do feel the line could expand to other movies, even if it means getting something from T3 or Salvation, which I take Randy doesn't want to approach. Even if I'm not a fan of T3, I would not pass up on a T-850 with a coffin loaded with weapons because I'm a Terminator fan and I'll pretty much buy anything Terminator related from NECA.

The Skynet drones from T2:3D could make good accessory pack fodder.

Or putting both of your points together, the T3 Coffin with weapons would be perfect for an accessory pack. You could add in the mini HK's from T3 as well.

I forgot about the accessory pack idea. Has randy mentioned them in relation to Terminator? I don't remember.

I can think of a lot, in no particular order and with repetition of some of yours:

-steel rod (probably bent to ***t knowing NECA :lol )
-control box for chains in steel mill
-petrol cans, explosives and yellow barrel for cyberdyne demolition
-fireaxe
-gasmasks
-teargas launcher
-T-800's trolley for wheeling around all his weapons in Cyberdyne
-T-800's sports bag for carrying the minigun inside on the way to Cyberdyne
-M-79 with 'reload' feature
-Sarah's ammo bag
-Sarah's opened-up machine gun from her weapons prep at Enrique's
-the AK for Sarah from the same scene (she didn't end up using it though)
-alternate hands for T-800 (relaxed hands, fist hands, shotgun reload hand like Enterbay provided*, a gloved hand for holding teargas launcher)
-alternate hands for Sarah (to carry her ammo bag)
-tools and towels for the chip removal scene (though I guess we need a figure of that first)
-alternate torso with Galleria bullet squib damage to use on Ultimate T-1000 (and Steel Mill version of same)

I already started my own personal and custom accesory pack that includes :) :

Saddlebags for HD bike (finished)
Skull base for endoskeleton (wip)
shooting effect for minigun (finished)
Fire axe (wip)
Interchangable naked hands for T-800 (wip no photos yet)

20160330_095147.jpg
20160819_103014.jpg
20160819_080342.jpg
20160819_080217.jpg

welcome any opinion.

Last edited:
Looks good. I have one suggestion, if your that good at making custom parts. I would make a new barrel assembly for the mini gun, everyone that I have are warp and adding a muzzle flash effect made it worse. I cant remember the size of styrene tube I use for mine, but it ended that issue. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents.

On a side note, I cheated, with the out of scale skull base that came out years ago. I added paint thinner to brush on silicone to make the mold and let it " shrink down " to the right size. I slush cast several of them, then cut sections off, so they looked different added to a larger base.

Looks good. I have one suggestion, if your that good at making custom parts. I would make a new barrel assembly for the mini gun, everyone that I have are warp and adding a muzzle flash effect made it worse. I cant remember the size of styrene tube I use for mine, but it ended that issue. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents.

On a side note, I cheated, with the out of scale skull base that came out years ago. I added paint thinner to brush on silicone to make the mold and let it " shrink down " to the right size. I slush cast several of them, then cut sections off, so they looked different added to a larger base.

Thanks pal, I also noted the problem with the scale of the cult classic skull base also is too large for my taste.
Not sure how a flash effect could affect the minigun :dunno I don't have any issue with the barrels then there is no reason for a modification, just a new panit job.
20160718_185952-1b.jpg

Cool stuff. If you'd be willing to repeat them I'd be interested in all of those except the skull base. I have the cult classics base and I'm happy with it. Now that you guys mention it I can see that the skulls are actually a bit too big but I went all this time without noticing it myself so....

Nice. Wish I could repaint my figures. I could maybe do the blood like that but otherwise I'm lost.

Thanks. The stock paint job wasn't too bad, but I knew I could improve it. I've only recently figured out how to paint blood properly.

For that head I painted over the original blood and skin with a new flesh tone, then painted the layers of blood and added some gloss varnish last.

I also added some extra blood on his damaged hands.

OT question.

Since Neca released the Contra figures, have they ever said anything about releasing MGS figures? Or has anyone asked them?

Since they're both Konami properties.

OT question.

Since Neca released the Contra figures, have they ever said anything about releasing MGS figures? Or has anyone asked them?

Since they're both Konami properties.

Randy has repeatedly said zero chance for anything from MGS. Konami have known to be extremely hard to work with even back when the Castlevania line released a few years ago.

Contra took two years to get going then a further 4 months in limbo waiting for approval. It's one of the reasons why that VGA Simon Belmont figure NECA showed off last year has been cancelled. Too much BS to go through.

I just bought the new Ultimate T-800 at Toys R Us. I hadn't planned to pick him up because I have the Tech Noir version. I normally stick to a "one figure per character" rule to keep my collecting from getting out of hand -- but this new version is the most iconic look for the T-800 (though I much prefer my Tech Noir figure).

They had four of them in the store and only one had decent paint aps on the sunglasses head. One had brown paint spots on the forehead, one had pink/reddish paint on the hairline and one had sloppy paint around the sunglasses. Even the one I picked up isn't perfect, but it'll do. Once out of the box, I discovered they didn't paint the glasses arm on the right side of his head. Thankfully, that was an easy touch up I could do myself. The hairline on the damaged eye alternate head is also very sloppy, but I doubt I'll ever display him with that head. Still, I wonder what happened here? I purchased my Uncle Bob and Tech Noir ultimate figures online, but the paint aps on all six heads were flawless. The quality took a dive with this latest release. It also irks me that his face is so much paler compared to all the other figures in the line. Still an awesome release, but not without flaws. At least the weapons are made from solid plastic.

I think the pale skin tone was on purpose since by that time in the film his skin tone was getting much paler compared to the beginning of the film. Maybe from loosing blood from his wounds?

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Oh wait, wrong movie! Seriously though, that's wonderful work! Great use of the ultimate Sarah head and fantastic paint work on the body. Whatever base figure you used really matches Sarah's body too.

Back