Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chest piece on the McFarlane is an inaccurate shape and the hands were a bit weird - plus the plasma rifle was the wrong colour and ridiculously undersized. But other than those things I prefer it to any of the NECA ones

Other than the spinal column being a bit long and two of the Pistons appearing at sharper angles, the McF looks pretty accurate to me.

f435593f824089f42dc57c28dbb39898.jpg

b072a85915fa8e458fad96dae40e5676.jpg

The profile view of the chest piece is off. And for that matter the front view of it doesn't look right either.

I find it a generally superior action figure to the NECA one though. I despise the legs on the NECA one.

The profile view of the chest piece is off. And for that matter the front view of it doesn't look right either.

I find it a generally superior action figure to the NECA one though. I despise the legs on the NECA one.

In full disclosure, I display the McF one with a NECA plasma rifle

Other than the spinal column being a bit long and two of the Pistons appearing at sharper angles, the McF looks pretty accurate to me.

f435593f824089f42dc57c28dbb39898.jpg

b072a85915fa8e458fad96dae40e5676.jpg

The face on the McF one is super derpy looking. The hinges around the jaw are too big and and the eyes aren't done as well.

Excellent - she's got that steel mill shotgun. McFarlane never gave us that.

And this being an Ultimate version straight off the bat then we'll probably have more than one headsculpt.

I think they'd have to do him in conjunction with Sarah and/or T-800 if they were to do him at all. Otherwise, John on his own, no chance. So I assume he isn't happening.

I mean there would have to at the least be a T-800 on the pegs at the same time. If a store's Terminator 2 pegs were to consist of just child John Connor on his own, he's gonna sit there. So even if it's not in a 2-pack, he needs a simultaneously released T-800. And NECA haven't taken any opportunity to do that so it seems clear to me that, unfortunately, John isn't happening and as ever we are left with an incomplete collection for representing the story of T2. T1 Sarah probably has the same unlikelihood.

Can't wait for Sarah. It's been an age since there was a new Terminator character, and she more than deserves a spot. Hope they nail the likeness, the robots were great but Reese was a little off.

It was great to get Reese in the collection, but yeah, it only bears a general resemblance - that is, with the outfit and hair colour you know who they were going for but the face doesn't really look like him. Nevertheless I rather have that than nothing.

Back