Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official NECA The Terminator Thread

It was recently mentioned on twitter that Neca would love to make a 2029 Kyle Reese. Hopefully there is some life left in the line, but it does appear to be dead for the time being.

and super-articulated T-800 with diaper crotch.

and super-articulated T-800 with diaper crotch.

I guess that'd be a way of continuing the line, they're extending the Predator line by reissuing with new articulation. And theres the new Aliens warrior.
Some T1 T-800s that can sit and take on neutral standing poses would be nice. While they're at that they could fit in some new versions like factory/BD Reese, 2029 Reese, eye surgery T-800. Probably no point at all in asking for T1 Sarah.

I'd probably have less use for added articulation on the T2 T-800. I think they sculpted in a good fits-most pose with the legs on that one.

Hm, I think Satchials post was a little sarcastic.

The problem with the T1 and T2 line was not the articulation. the problem are the bad paint apps, QC and the bad T-800 face sculpt(compare with Dutch). With more artuculation, this figures have not thes good body look. The best example is the way sculpted T2 T-800.

I understood the sitting problem on the T1 T-800. It was a cool solution when Neca make a mini diorama with sitting leg sculpt, the new Schwarzenegger sculpt and the new skin texture/plastic.

The big question is when make neca 18" Terminator Figures ?

They could make some awesome dioramas if they put their minds to it. T2: Hand to Hand fight in the Mall and Steel Mill(T-800 punching through T-1000s head, T-800 on Harley, Hasta La Vista/Liquid Nitrogen both kneeling, T-1000s shocked face with grenade in his gut and T-800 on loading belt, cleave body T-1000(split in half by T-800). I could also use a Sarah Connor version of T-1000 complete with melded feet and hole through torso.

The problem with the T1 and T2 line was not the articulation. the problem are the bad paint apps, QC and the bad T-800 face sculpt(compare with Dutch).

Yeah actually, after getting Dutch the sculpt on the T-800 figures doesn't look as good as I once thought.

The best one is Pescadero Escape T-800.

@Series600, I hope Neca have the same ideas.

@Sachial, why you want a more articulated T-800 ?

In the movies he dont really move. He have always the same pose, he walk, shoot, walk and shoot^^

@G-M53, no battle Damage, no new Endoskeleton, no Tech Noir ?

With better paintjob, a revisted sculpt(the Dutch sculpt is a way better, but not perfect) and no more joints than the 7" version it could look like statues. I have pland for cool bases since years(with metal title plates).

@a-dev, can yu imagine a T-800 with this new sculpt, a better paintjob/QC and the transculent skin texture(but a little more mat).

11_zps006c9d88.jpg

Bingo:exactly:

22_zps0f095f07.jpg

:yess:

how did u get the glasses to look so good? and where did u get the optical fiber from? amazing work.

I guess we'll find out if the terminator line is still alive during sdcc week.

Last edited:

If it is I wonder what form it will take now. Their other lines have moved toward increased articulation. Terminator was the last of the 'a few joints here and there' lines. Rider would be disgusted. I'd be interested in seeing leg articulation etc. Could do without the ball-joint heads though. As anyone whose been in the Alien or Predator thread the past 2 days knows well.

There's a lot of figures from China at 20 bucks on eBay lately. I know they may be defects but someone on another forum has confirmed his figure arrived with no problems. I'm willing to take the risk because I'd really want the T-800 Cyberdyne Showdown and T-1000 Pescadero Hospital figures.

There's a lot of figures from China at 20 bucks on eBay lately. I know they may be defects but someone on another forum has confirmed his figure arrived with no problems. I'm willing to take the risk because I'd really want the T-800 Cyberdyne Showdown and T-1000 Pescadero Hospital figures.

I was wondering about these figures. So they are defective and not knock offs?

Hi guys, just wanted to share a repaint I did for my 12" Neca Final Battle Terminator.

Back