Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their QC is awful. Out of the many T-1000s I own I don't have a single perfect one, even swapping out the parts. If it isn't the paint, it's a gap in the arm, if it isn't either of those it's the paint on the headsculpt. None of them are consistent with one another and all of them are sloppily done. All the ones I've seen on here too.

It isn't OCD I don't think these were just poorly produced unfortunately. Great sculpt, fantastic design and brilliant construction (the ability to swap them out to make figures across different scenes is brilliant) but paint and assembly wise these are not executed very well.

Their QC is awful. Out of the many T-1000s I own I don't have a single perfect one, even swapping out the parts. If it isn't the paint, it's a gap in the arm, if it isn't either of those it's the paint on the headsculpt. None of them are consistent with one another and all of them are sloppily done. All the ones I've seen on here too.

It isn't OCD I don't think these were just poorly produced unfortunately. Great sculpt, fantastic design and brilliant construction (the ability to swap them out to make figures across different scenes is brilliant) but paint and assembly wise these are not executed very well.

I just must be one lucky bastard - the first and only T-1000 I've seen (and bought!) was just fine.

They're cheap, "high end" toys, the QC is bound to be iffy, I can't think of many NECA figures I've ever got that weren't a little sloppily painted or whatever.

dr silverman kind of looks the same in both films, can't they realse one for each with pretty much the sam sculpt?

Yah. If only all their figures they put out were as good as their 2 ups eh!

Are the 2 ups done in-house? I know all the stuff that gets released is sent out to China or wherever for paint etc. Their 2 ups always look great though, must be Neca's own people that do them.

I think the problem is that Neca is too greedy.
You want to make more money.
Therefore, they produce the figures in poor quality.
And save an accessory.

This is really very sad.

Sure, they are not high-end company, but we can surely expect more quality.

You could also make the figures a few dollars more expensive(2-3 $), then the quality is right, it is also OK.
Who can do anything with bad figures?

does anyone know when NECA will announce what the assortment will be in the next Terminator 2 wave?

Same here. I have not one perfect Galleria head and I have 8. Its either the painting of the hairline is skewed or parts are left unpainted, wierd darker patches of hair, missing eyebrow paint, a missing eye pupil making him look like the Wolf Predator, paint scratches, in one case red paint on the hair. Its all rather annoying.

I know its never going to be Hot Toys quality at this scale and pricepoint but does there have to mess on every single figure.

So far only the Motorcycle T-1000 has been confirmed, with Sarah a possibility. Between these and an all new T1 line, I can't wait for Toyfair 2011.

From NECA's Twitter:

John is very unlikely, 12 year old boy is a tough sell as a figure. Sarah is a maybe & we still have Motorcycle Cop T-1000

young John is a tough sell, a 12 year old boy figure? Sarah is a maybe but we have original Terminator & other T-1000s still to come

have any of you done any modifications to the Pescadero/Battle Across Time faces to try to smooth out that part where the sunglasses handles touch the side head meet. no matter how I pose the figure it still looks a little odd having that part sticking out and was wondering how some of you have fixed it, if possible?

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

Sounds like the next T2 series might just be a couple of T-1000s if no Sarah Connor. i can't think of any other T2 T-800 versions they could make.

From NECA's Twitter:

Thats almost completely good news :clap Thanks Johnny and Sachiel!

So we will be either getting a Neca Steel mill T-1000 or be able to make one. I guess I'll definitely hold off on any steelmill-related customs.

Pity that our fears about the likelihood of young John being made are justified and confirmed but the possibility of a Neca Sarah Connor is nice. I just hope its to be based either on the Steel mill or Pescadero escape. I don't need another Assassin Sarah with the cap - McFarlane's one is decent enough and for the same reasons I was originally unhappy about the Hot Toys regular figure - the ponytail and cap combo only represented a bare minimum of her screentime in the film. Thus the hair down look is far preferable if its the combat outfit.

have any of you done any modifications to the Pescadero/Battle Across Time faces to try to smooth out that part where the sunglasses handles touch the side head meet. no matter how I pose the figure it still looks a little odd having that part sticking out and was wondering how some of you have fixed it, if possible?

I don't think anyone has attempted that. The thing you're talking about is something we've all just gotten used to. It definitely bothered me at the start but not so much anymore.

Nice pics. Although it doesn't look very chrome - what do you think of it in person?

It's not so much a chrome look, but it's a nice, metallic, reflective finish, definitely looks like a metal of some sort and not just a grey, raw sculpt, has a better shine in person than the camera's capturing. I'm happy with it, if they ever did it at 12" like this, I'd get that too.

T1000ANI.gif

Your pics of the Liquid Metal T-1000 remind me of the Kenner White Hot T-1000 figure.

41EY4PD3x1L.jpg

^^^
That is brilliant. Throw in the Pescadero split head and healing head with that gif and it would be perfect.

picture.php

Last edited:
Back