Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Announcements pertaining to both would be fantastic - much as I want T1 I'd like them to finish out T2 because if they don't theres a big chance they wouldn't go back to it in the future.

So lets speculate on what T2 20th anniversary goodies we might see.

Perhaps they'd use the anniversary as a one-off excuse to make figures they otherwise wouldn't - Sarah Connor and young John Connor! Remaining versions of the T-1000s seem like a no brainer and with it being an anniversary I presume we'd see the T-800 again - but what? More recycling or perhaps some kind of boxset?

A box set would be cool, with a detailed base.

A box set would be cool, with a detailed base.

and detailed files too, don't forget those.

But yeah I'd take any boxset really but what I've always had in mind is things like the Hasta la vista scene with frozen T-1000, T-800 punching through T-1000s head and T-800 with his arm stuck in the giant gears from the steel mill. Things that can't be represented by any single figure release.

T-800 on Harley and T-1000 on police bike aswell but extra licensing issues would probably make these unlikely.

and detailed files too, don't forget those.

But yeah I'd take any boxset really but what I've always had in mind is things like the Hasta la vista scene with frozen T-1000, T-800 punching through T-1000s head and T-800 with his arm stuck in the giant gears from the steel mill. Things that can't be represented by any single figure release.

T-800 on Harley and T-1000 on police bike aswell but extra licensing issues would probably make these unlikely.

I've thought about this before. Similar to the Mcfarlane dioramas/scenes.

How about T-1000 going through the bars at Pescadero with the T-800, John and Sarah looking on?

I'd buy it. I was actually thinking earlier on while looking at the Galleria figure, that figure is perfect for that moment after he walks through the bars to the other side and gets his gun caught in them. If only I actually had a pescadero corridor display with those bars.

I'd buy it. I was actually thinking earlier on while looking at the Galleria figure, that figure is perfect for that moment after he walks through the bars to the other side and gets his gun caught in them. If only I actually had a pescadero corridor display with those bars.

You know, the second Hannibal Lecter NECA released had the steel bars from his cell. Those could be used for a great shot of the Pescadero hallway! :hi5:

You know, the second Hannibal Lecter NECA released had the steel bars from his cell. Those could be used for a great shot of the Pescadero hallway! :hi5:

Yeah,

hannibal_lecter_cult_classics_7_action_figure-01.jpg

I'm sure that tray of food is attached to the floor though.

I was thinking the same thing about the hannibal lecter figure. The food is sculpted to the floor, but the corner piece of jail is not (the two pieces connects to each other,and then to the floor with some pegs), so i guess it's not difficult to make a cool diorama. By the way, maybe some customization could easily turn hannibal "the cannibal" into one of Pescadero's guards (even Doug) so that the t800 can kick his ass.

About the future of terminator line, i think some kind of box-set is possible. I have been collecting NECA stuff for a long time and one of the best things they've done are diorama-like figures, for example,"the rooftop battle" from The Crow, or "the night he came home" Halloween box set with Sam Loomis and Michael Myers featuring the front door of Myer's house.Man, that set is sooo cool.. the "hasta la vista" scene is the most iconic option, so i would go for these. Also,it's a cool way to give us a motorcycle version of the T-1000. However, to be totally accurate, they should sculpt new legs in a hunched position for the t-800. Regarding T1, i think figures are still coming..

Randy said there'll be an announcement at SDCC regarding NECA's 2011 plans for Terminator. I'm just happy they're catering to the fans 3 years in a row.

I expect another variation of the T-800. They can't go another wave without one of those. :lol

My guess it would probably be the Cyberdyne SWAT shootout T-800 with clean gloved hands and without damage to the knee. Basically the Steel Mill version without the extra battle damage. I'm sure they'd make it so they could throw in the tear gas launcher and the pistol to make it different enough.

That's one easy kitbash. As far as new figures go I'd atleast like to see a Biker/Motorcycle Cop T-1000 with the boots, helmet, sunglasses and machine gun. That's really the only T-1000 variation that we need to complete all the looks. We have the Galleria, we have pescadero and then the Mcfarlane Steel Mill with both looks (I don't think NECA needs to make a Pretzel man figure, the Mcfarlane one is fine).

I know I wouldn't be the only one to get multiple Motorcycle Cops for the legs so I could swap it out with the regular galleria torso and have an improved "Steel Mill" T-1000. The more I think about it though I don't see NECA making ONE unique T-1000 and not milking the mold with kitbashes. So I'd fully expect a "frozen" Motorcycle Cop, similar to the upcoming SDCC Liquid Metal T-1000 and a kitbashed "Steel Mill" T-1000 with the bottom Motorcycle legs/boots and the top Galleria torso with regular and new alternate doughnut hole head.

This would be the ideal T2 Wave 4 for me thinking realistically (I'd love Pescadero Sarah and young John Connor but what are the chances of NECA making them?),

Cyberdyne Battle Damage T-800

- Tear gas greanade launcher
- pistol
- normal legs
- normal gloved hands

NEW Biker/Motorcycle Cop T-1000

- Arm blade
- sunglasses and helmet headsculpt
- MP5K machine gun

Steel Mill T-1000

- Regular Galleria Head and torso
- bottom Motorcycle Cop half
- alternate Doughnut head
- alternate hands

Liquid Metal OR Frozen Motorcycle Cop T-1000

- Bluish white or all silver
- arm blade
- Machine gun
- Alternate hands

As far as John and Sarah goes I don't see how they'd do it. Look at the T-1000, both of those figures are packed 1 per case. NECA doesn't seem to have much confidence in any other character besides the T-800. It would be nice if John and Sarah were a boxed set or an exclusive or something.

Then after T2 is all finished up I'd love figures from The Terminator. I can just picture how that line would look.

Punk T-800

- Regular head with unburned hair and eyebrows
- .45 Longslide
- Uzi 9mm

Police Station Shootout T-800

- Sunglasses head
- Alternate damaged eye head
- SPAS-12
- AR-18

Kyle Reese

- Pistol
- Sawed off Shot gun

Do you really see another t800 version coming? the swat version seems too much for me, easily customizable. However, the t1000 variants are a must! maybe they trust more on t1000 now that he's doing so good in series 3.

Do you really see another t800 version coming? the swat version seems too much for me, easily customizable. However, the t1000 variants are a must! maybe they trust more on t1000 now that he's doing so good in series 3.

Yeah, definitely. ALL of them are easily customizable. I could have had the Battle across time variation months ago. The Steel Mill would have been simple too. Take the final battle arm off, put on the regular one, give it the grenade launcher and pistol from Man or Machine and viola, instant Steel Mill. I could make the cyberdyne one right now. Swap out the hands and torso and put them on a different pair of legs.

If there's another wave I know they'd do it. How could they pass it up? It would be goofy and redundant, I agree but I don't see them missing the opportunity for another variation with a "new" accessory.

These current Wave 3 T-800s aren't selling very well though so who knows. :monkey3

plus Kyle Reese in his future soldier uniform.

Yeah and they could make another version with that same body but with a different head for a regular future soldier grunt. Then hell, make an adult John Connor with a pistol and binoculars and we're all set.

Yeah,i guess you're right DiFabio. However,i find something strange,NECA missed the chance of making another variation: what about "Galleria Mall" t800? the actual "Pescadero escape" fits better with how he looked like in the Galleria Mall. In the hospital,he didn't have his glasses when fighting the t-1000. What i mean is they could have made:

Galleria mall T-800
Head with sunglasses
Rose box
Relaxed right hand to hold the box properly
winchester shotgun

Pescadero escape T-800
Head without sunglasses
winchester shotgun
45. handgun tucked in his pants (i think this is a cool add to the figure)
maybe alternate extended right hand to recreate the "come with me if you want to live" scene? that would be cool

What do you think guys? i think i would have bought this version rather than the "man or machine" one

Back