Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're not going to see a Harley from NECA, it'd require a new T-800 sculpt to be able to ride it, or it'd just be a prop and all he could do is stand by it, and there probably won't be enough of a market for that. Same with Sarah and John, they're highly unlikely, we'll see a Biker T-1000 before them and even that seems unlikely.

You're not going to see a Harley from NECA, it'd require a new T-800 sculpt to be able to ride it, or it'd just be a prop and all he could do is stand by it, and there probably won't be enough of a market for that. Same with Sarah and John, they're highly unlikely, we'll see a Biker T-1000 before them and even that seems unlikely.

I agree, unlike a 1/6 Harley which I believe would have sold well Neca making a Harley for their 6" figure would not fair so well. And, there are plenty out their that you could get for under $20.
2s8o0wp.jpg

Even without box sets with motorcycles, NECA could still put out some really cool 6 inch scale box sets. I for one would love to have the "Hasta La Vista, Baby" scene. Frozen T-1000 kneeling with broken off feet, legs, and hand fixed to the base, T-800 kneeling with pistol pointed, middle of the base able to extend apart to provide realistic distance between the two, and a vat of molten steel in the background. You know a set like that would be a best seller.

Unfortunately, NECA's very much about recycling parts, especially in this T2 line, there's not one 100% unique figure, every T-800 and every T-1000 reuses as many parts from the other figures as possible. Something like the frozen T-1000 would be so unique, they're unlikely to do it, hell, we probably won't even get a biker version of him at all. NECA seems to believe in Arnie's selling power but not even T-1000s, so we get 6 T-800 figures and only 3 T-1000s, and one of those is a limited Con exclusive, so only 2 in a store.

I am very impressed with the T-1000's versatility.

The the eblow joint and forearm is switch-out so you can mix and match a battle damaged torso with a regular torso...and match the regular arms with the metal arms and DAmaged head(s) with regular head...GREAT IDEA.

I already snapped one shoulder joint by the T-1000. it was standing up, fell over and the shoulder broke :( I returned it at my TRU and got a brand new figure, this one i'm actually leaving in the package. I was suprised i have shoe boxes full of NECA figures and i NEVER had a shoulder joint break in two...the plastic seems like it's getting cheaper and cheaper.

Overall a WONDERFUL 7" figure, with TONS of possibilities.

I suspect the regular T1000 are more rare than that con exclusive....in my area, I see it once....

It's a shame. NECA doesn't even realize what a hit they have here. Hopefully it will become more common in the future.

I had to drive all over this state just to find one :(

Unfortunately, NECA's very much about recycling parts, especially in this T2 line, there's not one 100% unique figure, every T-800 and every T-1000 reuses as many parts from the other figures as possible. Something like the frozen T-1000 would be so unique, they're unlikely to do it, hell, we probably won't even get a biker version of him at all. NECA seems to believe in Arnie's selling power but not even T-1000s, so we get 6 T-800 figures and only 3 T-1000s, and one of those is a limited Con exclusive, so only 2 in a store.

Even with reusing parts, they still make new parts intermixed with old ones to create the different scenes for a different figure. For the box set I mentioned, they could completely reuse Arnolds upper body, while only needing to modify his legs. I do understand what you mean, and do see that a box set of that magnitude most likely will never see the light of day, but I just have the feeling that while reusing parts they've already made, they could easily make some new pieces(like they've done for different versions of the same character). While they will probably not do it, NECA should realize that by modifying the T-1000 to make the Biker Cop version, they could get anywhere from two to four figures out of that new figure. Just like the Galleria and Liquid Metal, exact same figure just with two separate paint jobs makes two separate figures. They could make a Biker Cop and Frozen T-1000 with just two different paint jobs. Then in keeping the Biker Cop legs and Galleria upper torso, they get the Steel Mill T-1000. So while I know full well that NECA will most likely not make these figures because they have to create a few more pieces, they have the potential to make another very successful series of T2 figures.

It's a shame. NECA doesn't even realize what a hit they have here. Hopefully it will become more common in the future.

I had to drive all over this state just to find one :(

Exactly, I had plans for multiple purchases just like I did with the T-800. Presently though I only have one of each regular T-1000 because they shortpacked them and BBTS is only selling the T-800s of the 3rd series seperately, not the T-1000s. I've got 2 of each on order with FP.com, no idea when to expect those, and now with all the HT figures I'm buying I kinda have to hold off on buying anymore regardless. If I'd been able at the time I'd have bought exactly the amount I had planned from the off with BBTS.

The lack of confidence NECA seem to have in the T-1000 has surprised me and pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of any expectations for Sarah and John....unless they want to surprise us for the anniversary.

Did someone post a pic of the NECA T-800 with the HT T-800 a while back? How do they compare in terms of height and build? Curious how the NECA version would look alongside HT Sarah Connor.

Cheers, a-dev. Those are some good comparison shots, exactly what I was after.

I think the debate's been and gone. At least, I'm not gonna bring it up again. Just needed some pics to make up my mind whether shelling out for HT T-800 was worth it when the NECA version's out there for a fraction of the price. Always liked the NECA version (only seen pics though). Just a shame it's about double the price in Australia. Buying from the US + shipping works out about the same, too.

Still. AU$60 vs AU$200+ (and only if I'm lucky).
Big difference.

To me, regardless of some accurracy things or not, the HT figure just packs more fun to him. The NECA looks nice, but you're very limited with pose choices, the HT costs more, but you can do a lot more with it and really end up with a T-800 on your shelf looking exactly the way you want it to. Small thing to, but with no need for repaint, with HT, you can choose glasses or no glasses and have it look good, and you can choose black shirt or grey.

Summed up, NECA's a cheap statue, HT's a high priced action figure. Comes down with what you want the figure to be able to do.

To me, regardless of some accurracy things or not, the HT figure just packs more fun to him. The NECA looks nice, but you're very limited with pose choices, the HT costs more, but you can do a lot more with it and really end up with a T-800 on your shelf looking exactly the way you want it to. Small thing to, but with no need for repaint, with HT, you can choose glasses or no glasses and have it look good, and you can choose black shirt or grey.

Summed up, NECA's a cheap statue, HT's a high priced action figure. Comes down with what you want the figure to be able to do.

For sure. Agree with all of this.

Thing is, I'm a little bit backwards. Just bought HT Sarah Connor, and don't have a T-800 Arnie. I'll be getting one, I want both of those figures together, but for me Sarah Connor is more important than T-800.

Of course, I'd LOVE the HT version. But can I justify paying more than three times the price for him when the NECA version is out there and readily available. HT T-800 is going to be hard to find for a good price, too. And considering there may be another HT T-800 sometime in the future, it really makes me reconsider.

Anyways, that's something I've gotta work out for myself. Love NECA as a company, particularly their 18" stuff. For price vs quality, no-one else comes close.

If you need to choose I'd say get the Neca pescadero escape and the Hot Toys battle damaged figure when that comes out. Neca's pescadero figure will probably compare more favourably to its HT equivalent than the battle damaged figure is going to compare to the HT version, relatively speaking.

The Pescadero figure can pull off a few of the iconic poses from the scenes it represents and looks damn good doing so whereas Neca's Final battle figure, though cool, has too perfectly straight of a stance to accurately portray the T-800 from the steel mill scenes.

If you need to choose I'd say get the Neca pescadero escape and the Hot Toys battle damaged figure when that comes out. Neca's pescadero figure will probably compare more favourably to its HT equivalent than the battle damaged figure is going to compare to the HT version, relatively speaking.

The Pescadero figure can pull off a few of the iconic poses from the scenes it represents and looks damn good doing so whereas Neca's Final battle figure, though cool, has too perfectly straight of a stance to accurately portray the T-800 from the steel mill scenes.

While I'm not so fussy about movie-accurate poses, I definitely prefer the NECA Pescadero Escape over the Final Battle version. The latter has the cool factor, but the Pescadero has the benefit of the sunglasses which I think makes it look slightly better than it actually is because it hides the eyes. So, I'd definitely be going for the Pescadero if I went with a NECA T-800. Plus, it's look is way more iconic.

Is a HT battle damaged T-800 in the works for sure, or just possibly/likely?

Back