Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I warned you guys.....Axl Rose loves to sue. I bet he can't stand that little "GnR" sticker unless he gets like 80% of the profits.

Got the Power-Arm T-800 today. Why on earth did Kenner give him a pink T-shirt anyway? That was long before the gender-norm deconstruction that's going on today. Such a bizarre choice for the time.

Likely a carry-over of popular color trends of the 80's.
I'm recalling these atrocious skateboarder toys, where pretty much all of the characters wore some shade of pink.
Assuming my childhood mind is remembering the era correctly, the electric blue / neon pink colors seen on the Asian dude here were actually a pretty popular color combination in the 80's - at least here in the U.S.
-2338440290702349100.jpg

Got the Power-Arm T-800 today. Why on earth did Kenner give him a pink T-shirt anyway? That was long before the gender-norm deconstruction that's going on today. Such a bizarre choice for the time.

I was around 9 or 10 when those first hit, prime target age and I hated when they did stuff like that. And yet later on they gave them all more accurate movie colors as Universal Studios theme park exclusives anyway.:slap

I was able to get Motorcycle Cop and Sarah Connor in the past couple weeks at some decent prices, and got a couple Endoskeletons coming. Still need to pick up a Final Battle T2 and standard Ultimate T-1000, and I'll feel caught up. Then I gotta work on T1 stuff.

<<wrestler pic>>

I can also buy that, wrestling was huge then, men wearing all sorts of colours.

I was around 9 or 10 when those first hit, prime target age and I hated when they did stuff like that. And yet later on they gave them all more accurate movie colors as Universal Studios theme park exclusives anyway.:slap

I was able to get Motorcycle Cop and Sarah Connor in the past couple weeks at some decent prices, and got a couple Endoskeletons coming. Still need to pick up a Final Battle T2 and standard Ultimate T-1000, and I'll feel caught up. Then I gotta work on T1 stuff.

Yeah I've said before that when I was a child my favourite Batman figures were the ones that did not stray from the source material much, if at all - I wanted the most basic Animated Series Batman and was never able to find one. The toy shelves were stocked with everything but that. Of the movie Batmans, again I wanted the ones that looked most like the movie and not the made-up crap. Same went for Terminator. I tolerated the gimmicky nonsense Kenner made because it was the only stuff they seemed willing to make. But if I'd had my way I would have had NECA's movie line back then. When they appeared in 2009 they were very honestly the Terminator figures of my childhood dreams.

The Kenner tributes are an ironic kind of nostalgia. Being able to smile now at the crap that I actually only begrudgingly accepted back then :lol

I’m sure Kenner went with the pink from some sort of market research that dictated that kids are attracted to bright, colorful toys.

The prototype for the Ultimate T-800 originally had an accurate grey shirt, but they of course changed it to red pink for the final product.

F30A1361-A12F-497D-8AFC-C4E7C1F708F7.jpeg

John was supposed to be out this Summer. Given that he hasn't even been officially unveiled yet and the usual wait-times from solicitation to release - are we even on for late Summer at this point?

Yeah probably not. Hopefully they show him within the next couple of weeks then.

Shown off but still no official unveiling of the figure with all the accessories he's going to have. I can't actually remember which of the shows it was but I do know Randy had been saying he'd be out in the Summer of '19

It has definitely been a longer wait than I was expecting. Has anything else at that SDCC '18 not yet been formally revealed and solicited?

I can't wait for NECA to release that john connor figure, so many ideas for dioramas with the other figures in the T2 collection :D

I'm new to the site so anyone got any advice where I can share pics of my NECA Terminator 1 & 2 Collection? Planning to do some dioramas in my detolf cabinet, seen some epic ones on this site through google images!

Thanks

Post them in here, we don't get enough activity in this thread. It's always just me bumping it, usually wondering where the hell John Connor is at :lol

Post them in here, we don't get enough activity in this thread. It's always just me bumping it, usually wondering where the hell John Connor is at :lol

Cheers for replying dude , I had to wait a long time for admin to allow me to post on here. I love seeing what other people do with there Terminator figures, especially the Hot Toys ones as they are pricey! I just stick to my NECA ones. Huge Terminator fan , got loads of pics to share so will be posting soon!

There's been a big spamming problem in the recent past with sections of the forum being drowned in hundreds of threads of it requiring massive cleanup - so new members now get screened. Good boardname by the way.

I collected the Hot Toys figures but never lost my enjoyment of the all-sculpted 1:10 scale action figure. As we've reminisced in this thread the first reveal of NECA's T2 line about 10 years ago was a toy-collecting dream come true. With Hot Toys not making anything from the classics anymore it's NECA all the way and I find that no bad thing because we're getting a much bigger range than any other company has ever put out.

They've gone awfully quiet on John though :tap Supposed to be out this summer and I don't see how that can happen now since we haven't even been able to preorder him yet.

Back