Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has definitely been a longer wait than I was expecting. Has anything else at that SDCC '18 not yet been formally revealed and solicited?

These guys, I think:
8NF6fvE.jpg

There's been a big spamming problem in the recent past with sections of the forum being drowned in hundreds of threads of it requiring massive cleanup - so new members now get screened. Good boardname by the way.

I collected the Hot Toys figures but never lost my enjoyment of the all-sculpted 1:10 scale action figure. As we've reminisced in this thread the first reveal of NECA's T2 line about 10 years ago was a toy-collecting dream come true. With Hot Toys not making anything from the classics anymore it's NECA all the way and I find that no bad thing because we're getting a much bigger range than any other company has ever put out.

They've gone awfully quiet on John though :tap Supposed to be out this summer and I don't see how that can happen now since we haven't even been able to preorder him yet.

Ah man that sucks, nobody likes spam, I get enough of it in my email and through my letterbox! I certainly will not add to that problem! Thanks dude , I love Micheal Biehn's Kyle Reese he will always be the one and only K.R for me, such intense and believable acting! I'm surprised Hollywood didn't exploit his talents more throughout the 90's. James Cameron knew his talent though!

Oh wow that's awesome you have a Hot Toys collection I'd love to see the pics if you have shared them already, I don't suppose you know the page number if you have as it would take me forever to find them in this thread otherwise lol!

I'm 32 and watched Terminator in the early 90's as a kid so been a long time fan, it's only the past 3 years or so my obsession with T1 & T2 came out again. Not a fan of T3 or the other's, I'm not too keen on what we've seen of the 'Terminator:Dark Fate' pic's etc. I don't think the series will ever portray the terminator as an unstoppable force/killing machine like the first movie ever again :( That's what I want to see, heart's ripped out and barely surviving a T-800 attack haha. Anyway I'm going to share some pic's after this post, not got a great camera or display but I'm planning improvements!

Edit: I know this sounds retarded but how do I upload my pics to a post? :/

INSERT PICTURE URL TEST

Edit:
Tried to insert pic from 'One Drive' but didn't work damnit!

Edit:
I don't think I have the privelige of posting attachments yet. If you know how I do holla at me so can share my collection and a custom T-1 figure I made. The tanker Pursuit figure on fire.

Are you on any pic hosting sites like imgur or photobucket? I use those. But alternatively I also sometimes just upload directly to the forum using the 'Insert Image' tab in the Quick Reply box. Click on that, it brings up a window - select 'From Computer' then 'choose file' - then find your image from whatever folder you're storing it in and upload. I'm not aware if you would be barred from doing this.

I haven't posted pics of my stuff in a long time - in fact I've never posted any pics of my collection overall because I've never had it displayed properly. I've always been 'toys first worry about how to display it well later'. Later still hasn't come :slap I've posted pics of individual figures or groupings of figures in the various Hot Toys threads over the years though (no idea of page numbers). Probably the most notable thing I did, which I gave its own thread, was this https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...light=dx10+pescadero&highlight=dx10+pescadero

As for NECA, I've only posted pics in this thread of the occasional modded figure, only when I have something special or unique to show, again because my collection just doesn't photograph well. It's a disorganized and cluttered mess without proper shelves/cabinets.

I'm 32 and watched Terminator in the early 90's as a kid so been a long time fan, it's only the past 3 years or so my obsession with T1 & T2 came out again. Not a fan of T3 or the other's, I'm not too keen on what we've seen of the 'Terminator:Dark Fate' pic's etc. I don't think the series will ever portray the terminator as an unstoppable force/killing machine like the first movie ever again :( That's what I want to see, heart's ripped out and barely surviving a T-800 attack haha.

Yeah I think most of us agree that only T1 and T2 are worthwhile. Heck even the makers of the later films seem to agree when they state that their film ignores everything but T1 and T2....and then it too ends up being crap. :slap Dark Fate will probably be no exception but I'm willing to give it a chance because of Cameron's semi-involvement and Linda Hamilton's return. If that also fails to learn any lessons from T3, Salvation and Genisys I'll consider the Terminator franchise to be formally Shane Blacked. But look, we'll always have the first two.

I'm only interested because of Arnie. Linda Hamilton does nothing for me anymore and neither does Cameron. It's hard to believe anything he says after he endorsed Genisys and now that he's gone full blown avatar. I did enjoy Alita though, so there's that. :lol

I'm still gonna give Cameron the benefit of the doubt for now. We knew he was lying his ass off in that Genisys promotion video, otherwise why wouldn't Dark Fate be following on from Genisys - but just because he'll shill for his friend Arnie doesn't mean he himself has no talent anymore. I'm not particularly excited for the Avatar sequels - he has made us wait a ridiculously long time where any hype has long since disappeared - but I actually hope he proves us spectacularly wrong and has a bunch of great films on his hands.

The reason I'm interested by Linda's return is that I had read she turned down T3 because the script/story didn't appeal to her - thus demonstrating a bit more discernment than Arnie who'll clearly sign up for anything Terminator no matter how crap it reads. I'm sure he would have done Salvation aswell except he was California governor then. But who knows, Dark Fate may end up being terrible and Linda may be terrible in it. We'll see.

Arnie who'll clearly sign up for anything Terminator no matter how crap it reads. I'm sure he would have done Salvation aswell except he was California governor then. But who knows, Dark Fate may end up being terrible and Linda may be terrible in it. We'll see.

To be fair, Arnie was gonna turn down T3 because he thought it was pointless and redundant without Cameron, and they had sworn to not make another one. He gave Cameron a call to talk about it and Cameron told him to stop being loyal, charge them a lot of money and make the movie. So, it's more Cameron's fault Arnie is in T3 than Arnie.

I'm not holding my breathe for Dark Fate. I was pretty excited when Cameron was involved, and Linda came back, but over time my interest has started to die down. Cameron recently stating he doesn't have much involvement at all aside from the basis of the story, getting Junkie XL to score the film instead of Brad Fiedel, no Will Wisher co-writing, Stan Winston no longer with us, no Cameron directing... etc. It's missing a lot of key components that made the originals work.

A few months ago Cameron also said that being a producer also "relinquishes him of being fully responsible" if the movie is indeed truly terrible. That alone tells me that hes not 100% confident in Dark Fate. Arnold always gives pretty solid performances especially as the T-800. He was the only redeeming factor in Genisys. Watch some of Linda Hamiltons acting in her recent sci-fi television years and tell me how excited you are for her return. :lol This movie is going to suck....bad.

Arnold agrees to perform these facepalm-worthy comedy scenes, it's probably him who insists on them in fact. But where they had valid context and were a novelty in T2 they either didn't have the context or were just flat-out repetitious and tension destroying in the later films. So I don't put much stock in Arnold as the Terminator anymore. He needed Cameron to provide restraint.

As for Linda, well, in fairness no, I haven't seen anything she has done since T2...

You think Arnold Insists on these comedy scenes? How did you come to that conclusion? I think it's to be blamed on piss poor writing. Besides, Arnold's sometimes cringeworthy scenes in Genisys were the least of its problems. And if you think Genisys was face-Palm worthy, well wait until you see what Tim Miller (director of DEADPOOL) has in store. :lol

Interviews I've seen with him over the years give me that impression - possibly the Graham Norton show. He has said he looks for the one liners in the scripts.

With Dark Fate, all I know right now is that Cameron and Miller said a lot of the right stuff in that joint interview they did that can be found on youtube. My mind is open, at least as open as it can be after the onslaught of cinematic mediocrity the franchise has endured this century. Of course my partial optimism could be undone with the very first trailer :lol

You could be right, though I personally think Arnold is the last person to blame for any of the short comings of the lackluster sequels. I guess my optimism for any new Terminator films died long ago. It's always the same, a supposed fresh take on the franchise and the start of a "new trilogy" BS we've heard a hundred times. I really hope Tim Miller and co. Prove me wrong, but I just don't see it happening. Cameron and Miller can say all the right things and hype it up all they want, but I don't see how omitting John Connor in favor of the new full blown SJW agenda is a step in the right direction. :lol

That's another thing where I'm giving benefit of the doubt for now because Cameron and Linda Hamilton were doing ''strong female characters'' ''before it was cool''. :lol They did it properly. Sarah Connor was still very much human and vulnerable in T2. So we'll see.

All that comes up for me when I click insert image is basically this:

Add an Image from Url
Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
URL:

I don't think I have permission to actually insert images from my computer or anywhere yet. Not sure how long I have to be active till I can upload my pics.
I did a custom Terminator 1 T-800 walking out of the flaming Truck (Tanker Pursuit Figure) I removed flame effects from a Robocop figure and attached them to the T-800 Tanker Truck Pursuit and it really looks awesome. It will be the first image I post when I have the ability to.

Also as well as having the full T1/T2 Collection with duplicates to pose from different parts of the movies I also collect unboxed NECA T1/T2 figures then kit-bash them together like changing T1 heads with T2 bodies vice versa , and also changing up the weapons. I have some real good figure pics to post! It's not easy getting certain figures here in the UK they can be really expensive! I finally got another T1 Kyle Reese and I am going to paint his jacket and sleeves dark blue plus add blood to his head like the second part of the movie.

I really wish NECA released a Pescadero Sarah Connor and a Tech Noir Sarah Connor. Either as a double Pack together or just a Tech Noir Pack with the Tech Noir T800 then do the Pescadero Sarah with the T1000 or something? I really can't wait for the John Connor figure I am going to buy at least two of them for posing/display purposes!

All that comes up for me when I click insert image is basically this:

Add an Image from Url
Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
URL:

I don't think I have permission to actually insert images from my computer or anywhere yet. Not sure how long I have to be active till I can upload my pics.
I did a custom Terminator 1 T-800 walking out of the flaming Truck (Tanker Pursuit Figure) I removed flame effects from a Robocop figure and attached them to the T-800 Tanker Truck Pursuit and it really looks awesome. It will be the first image I post when I have the ability to.

Also as well as having the full T1/T2 Collection with duplicates to pose from different parts of the movies I also collect unboxed NECA T1/T2 figures then kit-bash them together like changing T1 heads with T2 bodies vice versa , and also changing up the weapons. I have some real good figure pics to post! It's not easy getting certain figures here in the UK they can be really expensive! I finally got another T1 Kyle Reese and I am going to paint his jacket and sleeves dark blue plus add blood to his head like the second part of the movie.

I really wish NECA released a Pescadero Sarah Connor and a Tech Noir Sarah Connor. Either as a double Pack together or just a Tech Noir Pack with the Tech Noir T800 then do the Pescadero Sarah with the T1000 or something? I really can't wait for the John Connor figure I am going to buy at least two of them for posing/display purposes!

There should be an option towards the top to pic a photo from your computer instead of URL. It's tabs saying "From Computer" and "From URL."

There should be an option towards the top to pic a photo from your computer instead of URL. It's tabs saying "From Computer" and "From URL."

Wow today I actually have the ability to do that! Wasn't there all the prior times I tried! Gonna share a couple pics of my NECA T1 Tanker Truck Custom :)IMG_20190512_224947.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190512_224947.jpg
    IMG_20190512_224947.jpg
    682.6 KB · Views: 51
IMG_20190512_225017.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190512_224956.jpg
    IMG_20190512_224956.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20190512_225017.jpg
    IMG_20190512_225017.jpg
    671.3 KB · Views: 54