Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything into one folder? ****, it must take forever to find anything.
I definitely make separate albums on my imgur account but I'm not sure if that's what you mean.
subfolders, i cannot understand how to make them on imgur - or it cannot be done at all :)
like this (in Greedybucket):

2TZ2em1.png

sooo they didn't fix the Goliath. his body still is attached to his ass instead of waist, and his alien queen hands grow out of pelvis instead of the chest.
despite it being wide-known and fully available because of Pegasus models.

NO.....WAIT.....How the hell did they not fix that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like there aren't plenty of references. Talk about not giving a damn. I've got two of these on order. Either I try to fix it myself (if possible) or cancel. UNBELIEVABLE!

NO.....WAIT.....How the hell did they not fix that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i believe i read here that some person named "Randy" - i don't know who it is, but he is always mentioned as a guy who forbids Neca to do good stuff and forces them to do dull repaints which nobody needs - became very angry and hysterical when people told him about those mistakes.
if that was true, then the mistake is left on purpose.
I've got two of these on order.
exactly after reading that "Randy" won't fix it i decided not to buy them.

Perhaps take these shots with a pinch of salt. They might be old shots, only just posted on Toyark.

I must confess, I'm not intimately familiar with the design. Only thing I ever noticed being wrong was when they initially showed it with the "head" on upside down.

Cinemachines-Terminator-HK-Tank-Teaser.jpg

Having just spent a while looking over reference, and footage, yeah. Wow. I really hope that's not final either.

terminator-movie-screencaps.com-1924.jpg

I mean, the paint apps are likely to be pretty poor, even in the "glam" shots. That I can accept for the price point. But such inaccuracy! I even saw like three different people point it out in an old twitter posting, to no response.

The NECA.
2950723b.jpg..jpg
Compare, the Pegasus:
pg-hkt3.jpg

It's hard to see, but it almost looks like the correct mounting point for the "chest" is there but whoever assembled these just didn't have a clue. Someone in a factory in China perhaps?

I was looking forward to this, but even I might skip if this is true. Damn. :(

Really? It was acknowledged?
what was acknowledged? that i read other people's words about other people's words in this thread? yes, i can confirm that :lol

I must confess, I'm not intimately familiar with the design.
sketches by Cameron, i believe, will be very helpful. all others i found are currently on photobucket albums and unavailable.

24263236_1.jpg

probably whoever mounted the torso that way saw the HK only in Robocop versus The Terminator game:

SNES--Robocop%20Versus%20The%20Terminator_Oct30%208_24_04(tt2445).png

58722-robocop-versus-the-terminator-snes-screenshot-this-massive.gif

===========

there are more different pictures here:

https://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/HK-Tank

It's hard to see, but it almost looks like the correct mounting point for the "chest" is there but whoever assembled these just didn't have a clue. Someone in a factory in China perhaps?
you're absolutely right, the sculpt was correct from the beginning, but the mistake with putting all parts together was made, noticed and presumably discussed with "Randy" far before assembly line - on a 3D model. you posted it above.
i'll try to find the moment that mentions it in this thread.

oh! here it is:

they turned the "head", it's not upside down anymore. they still attached the "body" to the middle of track platrofm instead of the front, where there is a specific nest for it.

aaand the "hands" remained attached to the platform, too, instead of the "body".

it's a pity, because i hoped so much to buy it.
I saw several people point this out to Randy Falk on Twitter over the last year before he insulted, blocked, and sicked his dudebro fanboy followers on them. Of course they didn't fix it.

by the way, the first mention/picture of that tank i found was actually actually... yours :)

#t2sday #CINEMACHINES Reveal
attachment.php

and on that model it was done properly.

Don't get it, this shot looks correct.
attachment.php
no, it doesn't, look closer.
no "waist" on the body (normally formed by the circle pedestal which is higher than the main platform), no vertical distance between small hands and main platform.
body is mounted behind that circle pedestal, small hands are mounted on it.
cannons are lower than tracks, while they should be higher to have 360 degree turn - that's because the body doesn't stand on pedestal.

so there are 2 simultaneous bad outcomes out of this:
1) people who know the design will not get their toy.
2) people who don't know the design will think that this is how it should look. like 90% of people draw/imagine AVP aluminum cosplayer with a retarded face when they think of a predator (avp2010 game proves it).
of course somebody might just fix it, looks not to difficult if one has golden hands... but i think such people would better get a Pegasus kit which is a lot more detailed and accurate and allows installing lights.

no, it doesn't, look closer.
no "waist" on the body (normally formed by the circle pedestal which is higher than the main platform), no vertical distance between small hands and main platform.
body is mounted behind that circle pedestal, small hands are mounted on it.
cannons are lower than tracks, while they should be higher to have 360 degree turn - that's because the body doesn't stand on pedestal.

I think you're right. The picture does make the body look forward of center, but for it to be correct, it would have to be over the top wheel on the forward treads. Next to Arnie himself, the T1 tank is my favorite thing in the Terminator films. I have the Sideshow H/Ks and the Pegasus H/Ks, but I was looking forward to these so that I could make a nice future scene diorama. Just the right size. Guess I'll have to fix it myself. Are they truly that moronic or possibly as you said, that spiteful that this could happen?

what was acknowledged? that i read other people's words about other people's words in this thread? yes, i can confirm that :lol
Ha. I meant that Randy actually said they will not fix it.

probably whoever mounted the torso that way saw the HK only in Robocop versus The Terminator game:

SNES--Robocop%20Versus%20The%20Terminator_Oct30%208_24_04(tt2445).png

58722-robocop-versus-the-terminator-snes-screenshot-this-massive.gif

OhNoNoCat.jpg

You might be onto something there. I can see a Video Game repaint Robocop vs Terminator tie in already. :(

by the way, the first mention/picture of that tank i found was actually actually... yours :)

and on that model it was done properly.

Ha! Whadda you know! Has it been so long..

Don't get it, this shot looks correct.
View attachment 352287

It is evidence of improvement at least. Even if it's still not correct.

Not only did they not fix anything, but the head is on backwards in the package.

Saw this too. Presumably it swivels, but why would you not get it right in package anyway. :slap

... I was looking forward to these so that I could make a nice future scene diorama. Just the right size.

T2FutureWarBattlefield2.jpg
Do want. :cool:

Yeah, my thoughts too. Cheap enough to get two and not so big as to take up too much space.

... of course somebody might just fix it, looks not to difficult if one has golden hands... but i think such people would better get a Pegasus kit which is a lot more detailed and accurate and allows installing lights.

Yeah, if the parts are all there, should be relatively simple enough. As you say though.. If you're doing that much.. might as well go further.
It'd only still be worth it for the smaller scale perhaps.

I'm still hoping somehow this is just bad/old photographs, and that actually it is fixed. But then, they did say final when they posted them. Hmm.

T2Accuracy.jpg
Time will tell..

Next to Arnie himself, the T1 tank is my favorite thing in the Terminator films. I have the Sideshow H/Ks and the Pegasus H/Ks, but I was looking forward to these so that I could make a nice future scene diorama.
but Sideshow and Pegasus, and everybody made T2 tanks... nobody made T1.
i like the silhouettes of T1 goliaths and aerials better, as they look more sharky/waspy, but if i remember it correctly, they were waaaay less detailed.

found pics to compare flyers, but it's the same story is with tanks.

1:

75db68497c9d7e511d08f63234565ac1.jpg

10581077108810841080108510721090108610881984bdrip1080pruseng00-46-51.jpg

2:

8632715_1.jpg

93eca0d6bf962e765f272fb24811f062.jpg

you can see lack of details and different lights, but 3 legs (like on aliens dropship) versus 4 is the biggest difference.

same "biggest difference" about tanks is shape of cannons and shape/angle of small arms on a chest. plus i don't remember it fully now, but it seemed to me that T1 tank had single cannons, while T2 got them double-barreled.
i just can't find same set of photos (saw them but never saved).

It doesn't bother me that every H/K so far has been T2, at least not as much as that almost every endoskeleton has been T2. I like everything T1 the best, but I'm not expecting anyone to bother with the distinctions between the H/Ks. You are absolutely correct that the T1 aerial has a much waspier look. A machine designing a machine would make it as clean and simple as possible.

Back