Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After today's Valerian Laureline announcement methinks I see potential here:

NECAValerianDanesT3.jpg

T3KBrewsterAmIRight2.jpg

If you're into that sort of thing. (T3) :lol

SDCC so very soon. Starting to get a bad feeling though. As far as my own interests I'm thinking NECA shot their load with Burke and that Hadley's hope sign a week or two ago and all we're going to see at SDCC is more video-game or comic crossovers that we didn't know anyone wanted. Well, maybe Hawkins from Predator if that coke bottle teaser was anything to go by. Probably nothing from T1 or T2 though.

Not doing Dutch's team is the only reason I didn't jump on the Pred line. Although if that is subject to change... I'm going to lose it.

Not doing Dutch's team is the only reason I didn't jump on the Pred line. Although if that is subject to change... I'm going to lose it.

If Hawkins shows up at SDCC maybe it'd be worth you picking up the recent Dutch rereleases if you haven't already. I firmly believe they'd love to make the whole team if only the actors are willing. Maybe Dutch and Hawkins would be a gateway to the rest of them taking an interest in some money coming their way.

Am I the first to see this? Endocop and terminator dog.
View attachment 353578

The first to care enough to post it :lol

No interest in those myself. I think they look ridiculous.

After today's Valerian Laureline announcement methinks I see potential here:

attachment.php

attachment.php
they definitely both have eyes, mouths and noses.
but nothing about the appearance. your face recognition system is so outdated, robot intruder!

If you're into that sort of thing. (T3) :lol

Yeah, I've never thought "I really wish I had a Katherine Brewster figure, from Terminator 3" either, but I was just immediately struck by the likeness. I think it's uncanny. Which is unfortunate considering it's meant to be Cara Delevingne.

... SDCC so very soon. Starting to get a bad feeling though. As far as my own interests I'm thinking NECA shot their load with Burke and that Hadley's hope sign a week or two ago and all we're going to see at SDCC is more video-game or comic crossovers that we didn't know anyone wanted. Well, maybe Hawkins from Predator if that coke bottle teaser was anything to go by. Probably nothing from T1 or T2 though.

I feel the same way. It's been a cool month or so without doubt, but unless Randy pulls out something even more mindblowing like a Alien Queen with ovipositor I'm not sure how surprised I'm gonna be. Like you say, I expect crossovers/arcade/VG etc. I'd be very surprised if we ever get another team member from P1.

As for Terminator, I feel like Sarah was a gift. Don't know how well she sold. I'd love more of course.

Young John Connor (OBVIOUSLY!)
Pretzel man T1000 (to replace the McFarlane one)
Miles Dyson
Dr. Silverman
SWAT team
Future War John Connor
Future War Kyle Reese
T1 Sarah Connor

T1000 as Janelle (Connor's foster mother), with knife arm. A stretch I know. But they have her likeness.
Also, why not reuse a load of parts from Sarah, and do a T1000 Sarah disguise.

And things I wish we got in the Ultimates:

Better/newer Arnold sculpts (Trevor Grove?)
Smiling Arnold headsculpt ("It's really you." "Trust me!")
Sprinting hands for T1000
Black and yellow phased hand for T1000.
Cleaved torso for T1000 (metal pole, end fight)
Thumbs up "metal pool" accessory hand.
Gas grenade launcher.

Motorcycles (But I know it's a licensing nightmare, Randy's said before. Shame).

And I was going to say I doubt we'll get anything more, at least until the next big anniversary, but then I remember the endo arm proto that was shown a while back, so who knows. Naturally it would be the perfect accessory for John. So I continue to hope.

T2Smile.jpg
Nice! :clap

It would be hilarious if someone went out of their way to make a custom T3 Claire Of all things. :lol

Yeah, I don't think we're going to see John Connor or any new T1/T2 stuff. I feel like they would have shown them off by now. Here's hoping though.

Yeah, I've never thought "I really wish I had a Katherine Brewster figure, from Terminator 3" either, but I was just immediately struck by the likeness. I think it's uncanny. Which is unfortunate considering it's meant to be Cara Delevingne.

I feel the same way. It's been a cool month or so without doubt, but unless Randy pulls out something even more mindblowing like a Alien Queen with ovipositor I'm not sure how surprised I'm gonna be. Like you say, I expect crossovers/arcade/VG etc. I'd be very surprised if we ever get another team member from P1.

As for Terminator, I feel like Sarah was a gift. Don't know how well she sold. I'd love more of course.

Young John Connor (OBVIOUSLY!)
Pretzel man T1000 (to replace the McFarlane one)
Miles Dyson
Dr. Silverman
SWAT team
Future War John Connor
Future War Kyle Reese
T1 Sarah Connor

T1000 as Janelle (Connor's foster mother), with knife arm. A stretch I know. But they have her likeness.
Also, why not reuse a load of parts from Sarah, and do a T1000 Sarah disguise.

And things I wish we got in the Ultimates:

Better/newer Arnold sculpts (Trevor Grove?)
Smiling Arnold headsculpt ("It's really you." "Trust me!")
Sprinting hands for T1000
Black and yellow phased hand for T1000.
Cleaved torso for T1000 (metal pole, end fight)
Thumbs up "metal pool" accessory hand.
Gas grenade launcher.

Motorcycles (But I know it's a licensing nightmare, Randy's said before. Shame).

And I was going to say I doubt we'll get anything more, at least until the next big anniversary, but then I remember the endo arm proto that was shown a while back, so who knows. Naturally it would be the perfect accessory for John. So I continue to hope.

Love the list. Sadly one gets the impression that Randy thinks they have already fulfilled all of Terminator's potential. They've made a lot, lets be fair. They exceeded McFarlane by a huge amount. I will always remember my sheer joy at seeing their first 4 T2 Arnolds back in 2009 or whenever it was.

But there is more they could do - new T-800 and T-1000 variants, 2-packs, new sculpts (yeah I'd love to see Trevor Grove have a crack at Arnold for this scale), new accessories, alternate hands like Hot Toys does as a standard practice, John Connor, T1 Sarah, Pescadero Sarah, T-1000 as Sarah, 2029 Reese etc etc etc. Burke for the Aliens line makes Miles Dyson a more plausible idea to me than it was before.

Yeah, I don't think we're going to see John Connor or any new T1/T2 stuff. I feel like they would have shown them off by now. Here's hoping though.

Not a peep on twitter for anything Terminator related as far as I can see. Doesn't look good. :dunno

Last edited:
Maybe they'll surprise us.

Maybe not though. :lol you'd think that T2 endo arm would have to be for something. I doubt it would be just an accessory pack at this point.

Very disappointing needless to say. I don't know what to think. Are we ever going to find out what that endo-arm in tube accessory is from or was that just cast aside and lost somewhere in the NECA office?

Randy probably didn't like DiFabio's comments about candy aliens, so cancelled JC at the last minute as revenge. :rotfl

Very disappointing needless to say. I don't know what to think. Are we ever going to find out what that endo-arm in tube accessory is from or was that just cast aside and lost somewhere in the NECA office?

Likely something in development and recent sales didn't support moving forward.

I know it frustrates people, but, we also don't know what kind of time and effort it takes to pull off something like the Burke figure or, while needless, Cameron figure. How many meetings and discussions with those people in real life to get the figures out it takes. T1 and T2 seem to be a free for all on likenesses so there's no time urgency, whereas NECA seems to be venturing with things that require a lot of finessing and effort to get onto shelves, they may fall back to T2 when dust settles and they need a break from working so hard just to get 1 or 2 figures made.

Likely something in development and recent sales didn't support moving forward.

I know it frustrates people, but, we also don't know what kind of time and effort it takes to pull off something like the Burke figure or, while needless, Cameron figure. How many meetings and discussions with those people in real life to get the figures out it takes. T1 and T2 seem to be a free for all on likenesses so there's no time urgency, whereas NECA seems to be venturing with things that require a lot of finessing and effort to get onto shelves, they may fall back to T2 when dust settles and they need a break from working so hard just to get 1 or 2 figures made.

Pretty solid reasoning.

I feel like if and when they do something new, they need to go all in, with more than just another "pescadero" arnold. That said, I'd of been almost tempted by the rose box one, if only they hadn't skimped on the roses.

The wave of ultimates would of been the perfect time to give us John. We did get Sarah, I'm happy about that.

Maybe one day they'll get the licensing for the bikes, and we can get a wave with:
T-800 on Harley
T1000 on Police Bike
John on his Dirt Bike.

Would make a nice assortment.
(And if we're dreaming! T1000 in Chopper with third arm steering whilst reloading MP5k.)

Of course, they can always do what they did with Ripley and Newt. An Arnie and John 2-pack.

On a sad note:

SDCC-2017-NECA-Sci-Fi-028.jpg
From Toyark

Yeah.. Not fixed.

Back