Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Toys R Us' around here have a dozen of the Police shootout, Tech Noir and the new Vasquez Aliens wave. I'm actually impressed with how well stocked they are because last year they were slacking.

It can't understand why bbts doesn't have the police shootout yet! Hope this doesn't continue with other neca releases at bbts...I've got a bunch of neca figs on order with them

They'll still happen but I'm guessing the T2 anniversary stuff has mainly been pushed back because the 3D movie rerelease is now not until next year.

I guess I can afford to wait since there's a lot of stuff coming out the remainder of this year, my preorder list is pretty big again....all NECA stuff but includes 1/4 scalers and multiples of various 1:10 figures.

Just got the Ultimate Sarah. Pretty happy aside from the articulation in the knees, elbows and wrists. How do you get the tac vest off?

All you have to do is pop her upper torso off at the abs/mid section joint.

Randy said a Terminator accessory pack is unlikely as they feel they've already provided everything. I personally don't think he's thinking very deeply on it but maybe he'd nix most of these anyway for one reason or another:

-steel rod (probably bent to ***t knowing NECA :lol )
-control box for chains in steel mill
-petrol cans, explosives and yellow barrel for cyberdyne demolition
-fireaxe
-gasmasks
-teargas launcher (the most obvious one)
-T-800's trolley for wheeling around all his weapons in Cyberdyne
-T-800's sports bag for carrying the minigun inside on the way to Cyberdyne
-M-79 with 'reload' feature
-Sarah's ammo bag
-Sarah's opened-up machine gun from her weapons prep at Enrique's
-the AK for Sarah from the same scene (she didn't end up using it though)
-alternate hands for T-800 (relaxed hands, fist hands, shotgun reload hand like Enterbay provided*, a gloved hand for holding teargas launcher)
-alternate hands for Sarah (to carry her ammo bag)
-tools and towels for the chip removal scene (though I guess we need a figure of that first)
-alternate torso with Galleria bullet squib damage to use on Ultimate T-1000 (and Steel Mill version of same)

*right hand as seen here
View attachment 286297

In an "action figure" realm, other than the gas launcher, NECA has put out every key accessory you could ask for, the things you list essentially are generic real world items. The Alien and Predator packs have offered unique, other worldly accessories which fill out a display.

They don't care enough about Terminator to do anything like that.

Not just the accessory packs, but anything really. You would think a crawling, damaged Endoskeleton from T1 or a new Kyle Reese would be a no brainer, but they don't even have interest in that. From here on out on the Terminator front, I figure all we're going to see are either video game figures (of the Robocop vs Terminator variety) or quick rehash cash grabs of pre-existing tooling.

Their other lines have dedicated waves featuring new releases that have been going on for years. With Terminator, we're lucky to get a couple of "Ultimates". I highly doubt we'll ever see anything new in the ways of sculpt and tooling. I wish we could get some dedicated waves like they used to do and what they continue to do with Aliens and Predator.

It's about what they can sell as much as want to make. A severed Endo from T1 would essentially look like a broken Endo figure, nothing that exciting. They did mangled Bishop from Aliens but he has guts and gore and doesn't just look like a broken figure.

Back