Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a cruel tease if it's not for T2 John Connor. He's the one who steals it from Cyberdyne and carries it around. Gotta be him.

And I hope and pray it's not going to be some limited run exclusive because I pretty much want a John figure to pair with most of my Uncle Bob T-800s insofar as it would be movie-accurate to do so. Alas, if Newt had to be an exclusive in order to be made at all then I fear the same will be the case here....

Since Randy uses the word accessory I would say that this is more than likely for John. He also says it is a very early work in progress so John may be in development as an exclusive for the 2017 SDCC.

It remains to be seen if Randy has a plan for us to get our hands on a Newt. If he does, and we do, then hopefully the same would hold true for John if he is an exclusive.

It's a cruel tease if it's not for T2 John Connor. He's the one who steals it from Cyberdyne and carries it around. Gotta be him.

And I hope and pray it's not going to be some limited run exclusive because I pretty much want a John figure to pair with most of my Uncle Bob T-800s insofar as it would be movie-accurate to do so. Alas, if Newt had to be an exclusive in order to be made at all then I fear the same will be the case here....

I've hoping for the best for you and all those wanting a John Connor or multiples.

Thanks Staps. :duff It's fair to say he's a grail for me in this scale. Moreso than 1:6 even. My love for the all-plastic figure is back to peak levels right now.

My love for the all-plastic figure is back to peak levels right now.

Pretty much this! I started with McFarlane figs, and swore I would never go to 1/6 "dolls." I then moved to 1/6 dolls and was obsessed for quite a long time. I'm back to 1/10-1/12 plastic figs again, partly because of price, space, but also the great licenses.

I still think the McFarlane figs look better than most of NECA's offerings, but part of that was the lack of articulation, thus helping preserve the beautiful sculpts. But the NECA alien and predator figs are pretty spectacular.

Thanks Staps. :duff It's fair to say he's a grail for me in this scale. Moreso than 1:6 even. My love for the all-plastic figure is back to peak levels right now.

image.jpeg

Pretty much this! I started with McFarlane figs, and swore I would never go to 1/6 "dolls." I then moved to 1/6 dolls and was obsessed for quite a long time. I'm back to 1/10-1/12 plastic figs again, partly because of price, space, but also the great licenses.

I still think the McFarlane figs look better than most of NECA's offerings, but part of that was the lack of articulation, thus helping preserve the beautiful sculpts. But the NECA alien and predator figs are pretty spectacular.

The much lower price certainly comes into it but mainly it's about the licenses - Terminator, Aliens and Predator are NECA's Iron Man. They really care about these licenses and are delving deeper than anyone else ever has.

OK someone directly asked about a John Connor together with a pic of his recent acquisitions and this was the answer

Thanks. More Terminator in the works. Share more details closer to release

No mention in the answer one way or another means 'yes' in my book :D

*giddy excitement* I know right? :lol

I think that Furlong could probably use some likeness rights cash so here's hoping :)

I've wondered about that. People often mention the T2 license as having likeness rights to the actors pre-attached or something....maybe I've misunderstood. But if it is as I understood it then Arnold didn't need to be separately approached and paid for his likeness. And if that were the case would it not also be true of Robert Patrick, Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong?

The Ultimate Tech Noir is so good. I think I need a second one....
The Police Assault T800 is going to be amazing.

You got it? Does yours stand up straight or is there one leg longer than the other?

Yes, got it via my TRU Online preorder two days ago. No problems standing and the legs are the same length. Here are some really quick shots. First two with legs straight, second two with bent knees, and last one on my desk next to some MLs for size reference. The .42 I got was not warped!

9WC6ZjI.jpg

T2UypaX.jpg

BthpYQB.jpg

VOn1JHH.jpg

RelkhGe.jpg

I like that they're using a new image for that figure....an image which demonstrates how wrong the hair is on the figure no less....

Back