Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA are normally damn good at it. T2 and the Tech Noir are sheer perfection. So their Police Shootout sculpt is a curious anomaly that I find it hard to believe they don't realise is wrong.

Hot Toys is a lost cause at the job, although that'll never stop me going on about it. :lol

That box for the police shoot out version is awesome! I'll be picking that up once he hits Neca's eBay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

NECA are normally damn good at it. T2 and the Tech Noir are sheer perfection. So their Police Shootout sculpt is a curious anomaly that I find it hard to believe they don't realise is wrong.

Hot Toys is a lost cause at the job, although that'll never stop me going on about it. :lol

If you think they nailed the Tech Noir sculpt, then use the clean alternate head on the Police Assault. Just swap the glasses haha. It can't be that hard. Otherwise they look basically the same no?

I get what you're saying about the hair, but I don't think it kills the actual likeness. If I feel so inclined, I'll add some hair down around the neck/behind the ears, and some messiness to it. Will probably help out the look a bit.

My first thoughts on the ultimate tech noir. No loose pics just yet, I'm still doing paint touch ups on all 3 heads.

Overall I'm impressed. I never owned the original releases, they came out before I started buying neca stuff. Judging by pics and youtube vids I'd say the paint apps on this new version are a lot better/cleaner than the older releases.

I did see paint issues here and there while picking mine out at the store, mostly the hair and the eyes. Nothing serious but it's something to watch out for.

I had no stuck joints for once. His knees and shoulders are stiff, but they were not frozen like other neca figures right out of the box.

My only complaint would be with the hands. More specifically the fingertips, as they are painted rather sloppy on most of the samples I saw. I also wish they had cast the hands in black plastic, instead they are cast in grey and painted over in gloss black with the flesh and silver painted over that. Hopefully the black paint doesn't wear off over time. The fingers just look very cheap/sloppy compared to the cleaner paint apps that are all over the rest of the figure.

As for the one leg longer than the other syndrome, mine seems to be fine. His right leg might be just a hair longer, but it doesn't affect his ability to stand. It's nowhere near as bad as with Sarah Connor.

All 3 guns are a rubbery plastic, so parts of them are prone to be warped in the packaging. Mine are ok, but I saw some that bent up pretty bad. The uzi barrel, the whole shotgun, and the laser scope on the pistol are the things to watch for warpage.

The swappable parts all work great, didn't have to heat or trim anything to make them fit.

I love the box, even though there's a typo on the cover that I can't unsee now.

Very happy to finally have an original terminator in my collection, I've been wanting them to do this ever since they started making terminator ultimates.

Now bring on the police station version!

The original Battle Damaged Tech Noir had much better paint applications, especially on the two heads. Also had a nice burn/dirt wash on the pants and jacket along with flecks of blood.

The paint apps on the regular Ultimate Tech Noir head are better than the original release though. The soft pliable, warped guns are a bummer, but I have plenty of the older ones.

If you think they nailed the Tech Noir sculpt, then use the clean alternate head on the Police Assault. Just swap the glasses haha. It can't be that hard. Otherwise they look basically the same no?

I get what you're saying about the hair, but I don't think it kills the actual likeness. If I feel so inclined, I'll add some hair down around the neck/behind the ears, and some messiness to it. Will probably help out the look a bit.

Well I was referring to the long-haired version, the hairstyle he has at the very beginning. But as for the other 2 sculpts (battle-damaged Tech Noir), for whatever reason they have never looked quite as wrong to my eyes for the particular scenes they are based on. I'll have to double-check that though. The police shootout sculpt with the Gargoyles has that same hair and it definitely is wrong for the scene. I dunno, maybe the wig changed or became more 'wind-tussled' and thus looked fuller on the back and sides. The figure doesn't capture that, it looks too close to his T2 style and none of the existing headsculpts can be used to correct that.

Man, this guy actually looks pretty awesome. The Toyarks' photo gallery has some amazing shots...

https://news.toyark.com/2016/06/30/terminator-ultimate-tech-noir-t-800-toyark-photo-shoot-209271

Cool gallery, thanks for posting that

My only complaint would be with the hands. More specifically the fingertips, as they are painted rather sloppy on most of the samples I saw. I also wish they had cast the hands in black plastic, instead they are cast in grey and painted over in gloss black with the flesh and silver painted over that. Hopefully the black paint doesn't wear off over time. The fingers just look very cheap/sloppy compared to the cleaner paint apps that are all over the rest of the figure.

Pity they didn't provide a variety of new hands - I wish they did it like Hot Toys. This figure could have done with hands sculpted for properly aiming the Uzi and the shotgun - although the shoulder and elbow articulation would probably interfere with the latter anyway - also fist hands and relaxed hands would have been nice.

I'm seeing a worrying amount of Ultimate Tech Noirs on NECA's twitter with pretty obvious one leg shorter than the other syndrome....and no one appears to be talking about it...

You can pop the legs into the pelvic torso more.

I did this with the 7" Keaton Batman, T2 Arnold and Sarah Connor.

Hair dryer job? Just tried it without a hair dryer on Sarah Connor and couldn't seem to make any difference - either by pushing the longer leg up or by trying to pull the shorter leg out more.

I boiled water and did it with mine and disassembled everything. There's 4 parts. The "trunks" pelvic rubber overlay, the inside torso ball joint (hard plastic container within the rubber diapers that slides out once the rubber gets hot enough), right leg (male peg hip joint), left leg (female hole hop joint). I disassembled them and the problem was the pelvis was slightly bent inside the overlay, causing one of the legs to hang lower than the other. The hip joint (right, female side) also wasn't snapped in all the way from excess plastic inside the ball joint which caused gappage. Once you mess around with it, you can get them even.

Was on vacation and stopped by a toy shop and they had the new tech noir arnold that I haven't picked up yet plus the new ultimate t-1000 I haven't gotten either. Excited to open both!

Here's a pic of both. I'll open them soon.
uploadfromtaptalk1467338480572.jpg

Can't go wrong with either of them. You'll love them. Have fun opening those two.

Back