Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA so rarely dips into the 12" scale, I wonder what their decision process is when they do. The only ones I know of that I've had are the 2 T-800s, a Jack Sparrow, and the recent Godzilla 2014.

What about the 2 Batmen figures, Predator figures and Pacific Rim?

Those were made in 12"?

No, they're 1/4 scale. NECA's always done 1/4 scale, even in the old days, 1/4 and 7", I know licensing can often be a conflict for 12" as that's popular with HT and Sideshow and now there are even more companies and despite the large difference in quality and price, these companies go for exclusive rights to the scale which means NECA can't do it, but it's curious why they even do the few they do, so few compared to 7" and 1/4 scale offerings. It's a shame, their 12" stuff is nice for what you pay, I love my BD T-800 after a little repaint and Godzilla is amazing.

Yeah, I love the few they have done. It's the closest thing to owning their in-studio 2-up master models. I wish they'd do more.

No, they're 1/4 scale. NECA's always done 1/4 scale, even in the old days, 1/4 and 7", I know licensing can often be a conflict for 12" as that's popular with HT and Sideshow and now there are even more companies and despite the large difference in quality and price, these companies go for exclusive rights to the scale which means NECA can't do it, but it's curious why they even do the few they do, so few compared to 7" and 1/4 scale offerings. It's a shame, their 12" stuff is nice for what you pay, I love my BD T-800 after a little repaint and Godzilla is amazing.

Didn't think they were.

I like the options too. For what they are I do enjoy them. Neca's battle damaged T-800 is standing proudly right next to HT's T1, Endo, and T-600.

I'd love to have the HT and/or Enterbay BD T-800, but the biggest flaw of NECA for me is just being a single pose and all plastic so it's not a bad compromise, the sculpt is spot on, the other two are just more pose choices and a more refined paint job on top of cloth costumes.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Really digging the Guardian T-800.

Digging it aswell, though it looks like it needs some work. And I'm not even sure where it needs work but there is just something slightly off about the likeness. Love the older grizzled look though! The T-1000 looks great too. Hoping Neca fine tune both before release

Haha! Interesting. I'll probably buy these considering I have McFarlane T3 figures, might aswell.

They've got a real easy time with that T-1000 - looks mostly reused.

So the NEW T 1000 doesn't have leg articulation, but the T old-hundred does? That's weird. I don't like that Arnie, it doesn't look like a Terminator to me, but the figure looks nice.

So the NEW T 1000 doesn't have leg articulation, but the T old-hundred does? That's weird. I don't like that Arnie, it doesn't look like a Terminator to me, but the figure looks nice.

Somewhat ironic isn't it that a young T-1000 who is seen legging it and jumping around in the trailer is the more stiff and rigid of the figures.

Evidently they didn't yet (possibly still don't) have their new Ultimate T-1000 done.

Even if they finish and ultimate T-1000, I'm sure part of them taking on Genisys was because they could recycle parts, sell the Endo yet again, sell T-1000 with a new head or two, only full new figure is Arnold, and I'm betting they could do a BD variant or something with that too, probably using the recyclable license to support releasing ultimates from the popular films.

NECA said that the ad pics of the Asian T-1000 are just for product purposes only. The figure will be super articulated and have poseable legs. That's just the old body done up for solicitation.

They also stated that Ultimate T2 Sarah Connor is up next, followed by Ultimate Robert Patrick T-1000.

As for the Genisys line, I'll be passing on all of it. I can't see myself buying any of them when the classic T2 figures will be available alongside them. Why go with a weird looking Guardian "Pops" when there's a T2 super articulated Arnie with a better sculpt? Why go with Asian T-1000 when there's a better figure on the way from T2. Unless Genisys ends up being a masterpiece and the trailers are just misleading about it's quality, I'm avoiding it's merch like the plague. The movie as of now looks awful.

As for NECA's sculpts, that Pops doesn't look like Arnie to me, it reminds me of these,

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still kinda surprised they're making Sarah Connor. It seemed like they were long done with T2.

anybody else think there ius something just slightly off about the T-800?

He looks kinda weird but that could just be because it's weird to see an 'old' Arnie action figure.

I'm still kinda surprised they're making Sarah Connor. It seemed like they were long done with T2.

He looks kinda weird but that could just be because it's weird to see an 'old' Arnie action figure.

Haha yeah I keep thinking maybe it just looks a little off because it's pretty much the first time we have ever had an older version of Arnie in action figure form. I like it though, But there is something off a little I think.

Guys BBTS has sent out an email regarding the 2 pack of Guardian and Endo. Now it'll be Guardian and T1000, the Endo listing had vanished.

Back