Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sry but with your repaint the Arnie likeness is a little off, looks artificially for me.

Sry but i always say what i think.
Here a compare with my T2 arnie, fixed a little with the simply Q-Tip method.

qdxo2vhn.jpg

wybz9326.jpg

Sry but with your repaint the Arnie likeness is a little off, looks artificially for me.

qdxo2vhn.jpg

wybz9326.jpg

No offense, I still think the top one better, especially the undamaged eye area.

I see the difference on his repaint, and it looks really great, especially the undamaged area, face looks more lifelike.
On your picture, I still fail to see the difference. I'm looking at your picture, and my figure here next to me, and they look the same.

That's quite an interesting custom figure.
I'm not sure whatever it was he did to the NECA sculpt was an improvement, though...
Otherwise stellar job!

With Toy Fair less than a month away, we should be seeing some sneak peaks at the new "The Terminator" figures, right? NECA did say that they'll share a preview before the show in February. Should happen any week now.
Also, does anyone think that there should be a seperate thread just for NECA's "The Terminator?" Personally, I'd like that since this way, all the new news for T2 has its own thread away from "The Terminator" announcements.

Randy told me last night that the sculpts and paints are done, they just need licencor approval before anything is even teased...so it'll be a while.

I'm really hoping they do two versions of Kyle Reese and not just focus on The Terminator. The Terminator in T1 is iconic and in my personal opinion the best of the franchise, but Kyle Reese is the focus of the first movie and him in his futuristic resistance outfit and 1984 outfit would be unbelievable and probably sell more than the Terminators. more demand for him

I know of Neca's twitter, when people ask about a Kyle Reese figure. the question is avoided or just answered as a maybe. I take that as a yes because it will be a surprise to all Terminator fans. Hands down Neca is doing the best job on this franchise.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Kyle Reese would sell more than the T-800. He'd probably be made in less numbers and that number would sell out giving the illusion that hes more popular. On mass appeal across the spectrum of hardcore fans, casual fans and one-off toy buyers T-800 more than likely wins.

That said though, I of course would be all over Kyle Reese figures from both Neca and Hot Toys.

Randy told me last night that the sculpts and paints are done, they just need licencor approval before anything is even teased...so it'll be a while.

Hey Johnny,

I'm relatively new to the boards so this may already be common knowledge but would you mind describing your relationship with Randy at NECA? Do you know him personally or do you communicate with him via twitter or some other online messaging service?
Curious to find out.
Thanks.

Bought another 12" T-800 Pescadero Escape yesterday @ $22.
So decide to remove the sun glasses of existing one, no eyes paint app inside. With my poor painting skill for his eyes, he looked like this.
2edcmk7.jpg

Will equip him with gatling gun and Grenade Launcher later.

Bought another 12" T-800 Pescadero Escape yesterday @ $22.
So decide to remove the sun glasses of existing one, no eyes paint app inside. With my poor painting skill for his eyes, he looked like this. Will equip him with gatling gun and Grenade Launcher later.

Not a bad job at all, he looks good. I've liked your pics so far with the other figures in the background.

Back