Official Hot Toys Superman Returns Jor El spec-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way." In honor of Father's Day and the impending release of Superman Man of Steel, we go back to 2007 and look at the Hot Toys Marlon Brando as Jor-El 12" figure from Superman Returns!

20+ pictures and a video spotlight await: Hot Toys MMS 49 Jor-El 12" Figure Review

Sallah

Just wanted to give this guy a bump... MOS Jor-El may be the current talk of the town, but Brando's version will always be tops for me. :)

Would love to see HT come back and do the black outfit one day.

Sallah

Just wanted to give this guy a bump... MOS Jor-El may be the current talk of the town, but Brando's version will always be tops for me. :)

Would love to see HT come back and do the black outfit one day.

Sallah

What the hell for?:dunno

What the hell for?:dunno

Umm... Because there's a new Hot Toys Jor-El figure for the new movie and it reminded me how much I appreciate the old Hot Toys Jor-El from the old movie?

That good enough?:cuckoo: It is okay if folks talk about old HT releases that still hold up...

Sallah

f2e4097e3622dc84c629d8cade61bcd4_zps06849c88.jpg

AAcckk!
You've made poor Crowe look like a friggin' baked potato ready for the oven!

Thanks for the bump, Sallah...hadn't seen that figure in a while. w far HT has come with paint apps since then (not that it looks bad, just a little dated)...

AAcckk!
You've made poor Crowe look like a friggin' baked potato ready for the oven!

Thanks for the bump, Sallah...hadn't seen that figure in a while. w far HT has come with paint apps since then (not that it looks bad, just a little dated)...

Agreed that HT has come a long way... But this one still holds up pretty well for being 6 years old now. :)

Sallah

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way." In honor of Father's Day and the impending release of Superman Man of Steel, we go back to 2007 and look at the Hot Toys Marlon Brando as Jor-El 12" figure from Superman Returns!

I confess that I am charmed by their matching spit-curls. Seriously. Guess the apple does not fall far from the tree.... :yess:

I just spent a ridiculous amount of money to buy this guy tonight. While there's definitely some self loathing for spending as much as I did, I'm extremely excited to get him. He's definitely my holy grail figure. I've regretted not buying him when he first came out for a long time and as the price keeps going up and he seems to be becoming more and more rare I decided I had to pull the trigger. Of course, HT will probably announce a 2.0 in the very near future at which point I'll really hate myself for buying this, but right now I'm pretty stoked to be getting him.

I think it's safe to say this is one of Hot Toys' best figures. As simple as it is, the fact that it was made six years ago and STILL holds its own with anything put out today, says alot.

I think it's safe to say this is one of Hot Toys' best figures. As simple as it is, the fact that it was made six years ago and STILL holds its own with anything put out today, says alot.

Yea, it does still look pretty damn good considering it's age. It's going to be great to have him with the Reeve figure and also to have those two with the Crowe and Cavill figures when they come out.

Yea, it does still look pretty damn good considering it's age. It's going to be great to have him with the Reeve figure and also to have those two with the Crowe and Cavill figures when they come out.

Exactly! And that is what all of us "late buyers" are paying the extra for after all. When it was just a companion piece to the Routh Supes, I didn't want it at the lower price... and not a ton of other folks did either. But when the HT Reeve came along, it was almost like the Jor-El became a brand new piece for all of us- something we were now willing to fork twice his original cost for to pair him with '78 Supes.

So don't think of it as spending an inflated cost for an old figure... Think of it as spending the right amount for a limited edition release from the Reeve Superman line. ;)

Sallah

Exactly! And that is what all of us "late buyers" are paying the extra for after all. When it was just a companion piece to the Routh Supes, I didn't want it at the lower price... and not a ton of other folks did either.=[/URL]

Sallah

That, I don't understand. I get not everyone loves SUPERMAN RETURNS, but I knew if they went out of their way to make a Jor El, a Reeve figure HAD to be coming down the line (it just took four years. No biggie.) When there's smoke, there's fire. As a fan of Superman, I had no hesitation picking this guy up when he first came out.

That, I don't understand. I get not everyone loves SUPERMAN RETURNS, but I knew if they went out of their way to make a Jor El, a Reeve figure HAD to be coming down the line (it just took four years. No biggie.) When there's smoke, there's fire. As a fan of Superman, I had no hesitation picking this guy up when he first came out.

Ah... but it wasn't necessarily so at the time. The figure is undeniably based on his "cameo" in Superman Returns, and came out with what was then a current release film. There was no reason to definitively think at the time that a Reeve figure was coming, since the Jor-El was specifically altered to match the Superman Returns version of Superman. Plus- At the time, the Reeve version of Superman seemed to be a "holy grail" type license, with almost no product out specifically based on his likeness (and not just a "generic" Superman). Just because a Brando Jor-El from Returns was released didn't make me think that they somehow had cut through the legal tape to get Reeve... Definitely not enough to put the money down for him in the slim hope that they had. It didn't make sense at the time to have just Jor-El since I didn't want a Routh Superman sitting next to him.

Sallah

Ah... but it wasn't necessarily so at the time. The figure is undeniably based on his "cameo" in Superman Returns, and came out with what was then a current release film. There was no reason to definitively think at the time that a Reeve figure was coming, since the Jor-El was specifically altered to match the Superman Returns version of Superman. Plus- At the time, the Reeve version of Superman seemed to be a "holy grail" type license, with almost no product out specifically based on his likeness (and not just a "generic" Superman). Just because a Brando Jor-El from Returns was released didn't make me think that they somehow had cut through the legal tape to get Reeve... Definitely not enough to put the money down for him in the slim hope that they had. It didn't make sense at the time to have just Jor-El since I didn't want a Routh Superman sitting next to him.

Sallah

Could not have said it better myself!:goodpost::exactly:

To add, this should have been the con exclusive...a Superman specific Brando Jor-El...can you imagine the sales!?!?:cuckoo:

Exactly! And that is what all of us "late buyers" are paying the extra for after all. When it was just a companion piece to the Routh Supes, I didn't want it at the lower price... and not a ton of other folks did either. But when the HT Reeve came along, it was almost like the Jor-El became a brand new piece for all of us- something we were now willing to fork twice his original cost for to pair him with '78 Supes.

So don't think of it as spending an inflated cost for an old figure... Think of it as spending the right amount for a limited edition release from the Reeve Superman line. ;)

Sallah

I think when Jor-El came out I had just started collecting and wasn't really familiar with HT. Pretty sure I looked at it and thought the price was ridiculous and said there was no way I'd spend that much money on this stuff. My how times have changed.... :lol The Reeve figure was my first HT figure and I almost didn't buy that because of the price. Also, I thought since I had the DC Direct Reeve statue and the Mattel figure that I didn't need another Reeve figure, but I eventually caved and HT has had me hook, line and sinker ever since.

would love to own this figure, close the gap at the spit-curl hair line and repaint it. Just not crazy enough to spend the kind of cash on him that he's going for now

Back